A dozen Bangkok hospitals suspend COVID-19 testing amid shortages

webfact

You are all missing the main point here in rubbishing everything the Government has done.

OK, sack the present Government is well & good, have you seen what is waiting in the wings ???

Believe me, you ain't seen nothing yet if that happened.

Biggest mistake as I see it is closing all the bars where people are doing the right thing & have now forced this undergriund.

The disaster is that PM Mr P will not make the hard decision & BAN all inter provincial  travel throughout Thailand for the next 3 weeks.

He knows that he is creating "A Super Spreader"  & is at his own admission is preparing to pick up the peices after Songkran.

Reminds me of Mr Boris in the UK who did or did not do  the same stupidity for too long

• Like 1

That is just brilliant and typical Thai thinking.

Uh, if you don't test people won't know they're sick.

The next thing I expect to hear is that the same hospitals won't allow covid patients.

Thailand better set up mass testing centers and fast!

2 hours ago, ETatBKK said:

4 months ago they had testing capacity to handle Samut Sakhon outbreak (800+ per day), but now they don't have capacity for this small jump (400+ per day) ? ? ?

It beggars the question

Why has all the Money the US gave to Thailand to fight Covid, not been used to procure more test kits Etc

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, stubuzz said:

How convenient. No tests;no cases.

Why would one get tested anyway. No symptoms no test. If you have a common cold or a slight flue, the test might be positive and you get tangled in a lot of problems.

Still funny there are so little cases as according to Johns Hopkins University about 34,000 Thai die of Influenza and Pneumonia every year. Are those figures correct? Let's assume that Johns Hopkins is trustworthy, but then again they also produced in 2017 the 'Spars Pandemic 2025 - 2028' report, something that is a must read.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

Why would one get tested anyway. No symptoms no test. If you have a common cold or a slight flue, the test might be positive and you get tangled in a lot of problems.

Still funny there are so little cases as according to Johns Hopkins University about 34,000 Thai die of Influenza and Pneumonia every year. Are those figures correct? Let's assume that Johns Hopkins is trustworthy, but then again they also produced in 2017 the 'Spars Pandemic 2025 - 2028' report, something that is a must read.

It's asked people who frequented these venues to seek out a test... NOT wait for symptoms to show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwampyThai said:

Reminds me of an old English saying "could not organize a drunken party at an alcohol production plant"

Apparently they are trying to close alcohol production plants, so that they can turn them into vaccine production plants for the next 14 days while the bars are shut.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mike1967 said:

Unfortunately, it's now inevitable that travel to Thailand will be banned from vaccinated countries or at least hotel quarantine at ones own expense back in their home countries. 

It works both ways you know, Thai tourists will now have to stump up 10 days hotel quarantine too when they visit abroad if they are declared a dangerous covid country. 

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

That is just brilliant and typical Thai thinking.

Uh, if you don't test people won't know they're sick.

The next thing I expect to hear is that the same hospitals won't allow covid patients.

Thailand better set up mass testing centers and fast!

If you say so

12 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

It works both ways you know, Thai tourists will now have to stump up 10 days hotel quarantine too when they visit abroad if they are declared a dangerous covid country. 

And as things stand, too right. I can't speak for other countries but as far as the UK goes, our economy won't be hit the same as Thailands from lack of tourists, especially from the lack of Thais coming to the UK.

• Like 1

I can't believe that no travel bans have been imposed, just 2 words say it all - Bangkok & Songkran.

Now maybe we'll see just how effective Thailand's control measures are? Have they been good at preventing spread? Have they been 'managing' the figures? Have they just been lucky?

I've never really believed the figures but to be honest, I have no idea as to why Thailand appears to have faired better than a lot of other countries in tacking the Pandemic.  I fear we are about to find out though.