Thailand reports 559 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death

webfact

34 minutes ago, WineOh said:

I've just caught a glimpse of the horizon and it's as grim as grim can be.

Just been out for 15 liters of Kulov vodka and I'm locking myself in my study until July 1st.

It's gonna be rough.

If you can see the horizon you're not in Thailand where it's difficult to see the fingers beyond your elbow.

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

4-9-2021j.jpg.0e147ec8f0755527b6f25b50de86b233.jpg

Ten military facilities in Bangkok reserved for field hospitals as needed

Thailand’s Ministry of Defence has made available ten areas in Bangkok for the setting up of field hospitals, with a combined capacity of up to 3,000 patients, in case COVID-19 infections overwhelm existing hospitals.

Lt-Gen Kongcheep Tantravanich, spokesman for the ministry, said today (Friday) that, in addition to the field hospitals, the military has also prepared medical personnel and equipment to take care of the patients.

Meanwhile, both the Rajavithi and Ramathibodi hospitals have separately announced the limitation of non-urgent medical services and are urging patients, who are not urgently in need of treatment, to postpone their visits, after some of their staff contracted COVID-19 and several others, who were in close contact with them, were quarantined.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ten-military-facilities-in-bangkok-reserved-for-field-hospitals-as-needed/

4-9-2021k.jpg.6030e5e9609600a0c3098e7aa7f62b47.jpg

I would imagine these sort of places would be an ideal breeding ground for mutating the virus with the possibility of different people having different strains?

"Chuwit's comments came after two cabinet ministers reportedly visited a night entertainment venue in Thong Lor linked to a Covid -19 cluster."

There have been various reports circulating that the Krystal Club, which is the venue at the center of the Thong Lo cluster with the most reported cases, is very popular among high ranking government types.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Hospital stocks rise on surge in Covid testing

Analysts at Nomura Securities expect that private hospitals in Bangkok, including Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS) and Bangkok Chain Hospital (BCH), will benefit from the latest Covid-19 cluster as more people are going to get tested.

BCH said that they are preparing at least 200,000 Covid-19 test kits for its chain hospitals ahead of an estimated demand of 3,000-4,000 per day.

Initially, the hospital expects the surge in customers of testing service until the end of April, said the BCH chief executive Chalerm Harnphanich, adding that the hospital saw a 60-per-cent increase in the testing compared with the second wave.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26330/hospital-stocks-rise-on-surge-in-covid-testing/

I actually hope I get it sooner then later, before all the hospitals will be full.

My insurance will provide full coverage for the hospital.

Would prefer it over being sent to a makeshift building with army cots packed with sick people coughing spitting and vomiting.

A province map of the 41 provinces in Thailand that will be subject to the entertainment venues closure order starting tonight at midnight:

4-9-2021p.jpg.08aa6fbd0fdc116f63e0597589df95a2.jpg

The provinces list is:

1. Bangkok 2. Pathum Thani 3. Nonthaburi 4. Nakhon Pathom 5. Samut Prakan 6. Samut Songkhram 7. Samut Sakhon 8. Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 9. Saraburi 10. Lopburi 11. Nakhon Nayok 12. Chonburi 13. Rayong 14. Chanthaburi 15. Prachin Buri 16. Chachoengsao 17. Sa Kaeo 18. Suphanburi 19. Kanchanaburi 20. Ratchaburi 21. Prachuap Khiri Khan 22. Phetchaburi 23. Ranong 24. Chumphon 25. Nakhon Si Thammarat 26. Phuket 27. Surat Thani 28. Songkhla 29. Yala 30. Narathiwat 31. Nakhon Ratchasima 32. Khon Kaen 33. Chaiyaphum 34. Udon Thani 35. Buriram 36. Loei 37. Chiang Rai 40. Tak and 41. Phetchabun

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/302689228016075

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I actually hope I get it sooner then later, before all the hospitals will be full.

My insurance will provide full coverage for the hospital.

Would prefer it over being sent to a makeshift building with army cots packed with sick people coughing spitting and vomiting.

They would send you to the makeshift building regardless of how full your private hospital is 

If you tell them you have any symptoms that resemble covid you’d be sent there without testing to mingle with those that have it 

37 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Local news blogger Richard Barrow is continuing to report on supposed domestic travel restrictions... which the government has been claiming don't exist.

Screenshot_13.jpg.4d5bc761b2c924be974896ceede25b98.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/309292180557052

I think the government are partly right, as the self-quarantine requirements imposed by the rogue Governors would seem to be completely unenforceable, especially for those driving home themselves.

8 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

They would send you to the makeshift building regardless of how full your private hospital is 

If you tell them you have any symptoms that resemble covid you’d be sent there without testing to mingle with those that have it 

If I get Covid symptoms I think I will stay home!

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think the government are partly right, as the self-quarantine requirements imposed by the rogue Governors would seem to be completely unenforceable, especially for those driving home themselves.

Why do you use the term rogue governors?