Thailand reports 559 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death

webfact

3 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

If they are or will be as we see them then they are Death Camps !

I believe, at least at present, those kinds of makeshift field hospital facilities are chiefly intended for people who have tested positive for COVID but aren't showing any significant symptoms requiring significant medical care. But, under government policy, still are required to be "hospitalized."

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So they vaccinate hospitality workers before frontline medical staff?Strange strategy especially when they then close the hospitality venues where the vaccinated hospitality workers were working so what's the point in that?Strange dayz indeed. 

i can see your logic in it....  , but i guess they expect those " hospitality workers" to keep mixing with people anyway against the rules ... , while the medical staff shall keep themselves strict on the rules...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

How much case's already missing from coverment list!? Coz our province (Loei) report case also but not see in coverment list! I just say misses that not go gym anymore, there was just huge party yesterday!

I went back thru the daily government COVID case reports for the past week, and didn't see any mention of Loei in any of them.

Chonburi orders all entertainment venues to close

The Communicable Disease Committee of Thailand’s Chonburi province has ordered all entertainment venues to close from tomorrow (Saturday), including cinemas and theatres, to control the spread of COVID-19.

All districts of Chonburi have been ordered to prepare field hospitals and local quarantine facilities, as the number of new infections rises.

Although many provinces have decided to impose travel restrictions, people who wish to travel to Chonburi can still do so without the need to quarantine. 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chonburi-orders-all-entertainment-venues-to-close/

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Chonburi orders all entertainment venues to close

The Communicable Disease Committee of Thailand’s Chonburi province has ordered all entertainment venues to close from tomorrow (Saturday), including cinemas and theatres, to control the spread of COVID-19.

All districts of Chonburi have been ordered to prepare field hospitals and local quarantine facilities, as the number of new infections rises.

Although many provinces have decided to impose travel restrictions, people who wish to travel to Chonburi can still do so without the need to quarantine. 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chonburi-orders-all-entertainment-venues-to-close/

Restrictions on venues are pointless whilst there are no restrictions on travel. I understand that many have cancelled their trips to Pattaya this weekend but many have not and daytrippers sitting on the beaches are in evidence today.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Then there was this list of BKK area private hospital facilities and their bed availability as of recent times:

The yellow horizontal column at the top is the total for the listed hospitals, and the two vertical columns, I believe, are total beds and available beds.  Again, please correct if I'm mistaken.

Screenshot_3.jpg.fdf610b9d1afcf20c4a01dbe292d7ea7.jpg

The Thai Enquirer did a news report this afternoon on the hospital bed availability charts I posted above:

Private hospitals urged to cooperate over bed shortages

While some private hospitals are truly at full capacity, others are not – the problem is that some private hospitals may not be cooperating in line with government protocols, according to Somsak Akksilp, director-general of the Department of Medical Services at the Ministry of Public Health.

“According to the numbers we got from Thursday night at 8pm, there are still 300 beds available in private hospitals in Bangkok,” the director-general said. “The latest update was on Friday morning, and there are still many hundreds left.”

“We are not asking for the private hospitals who are already at full capacity to treat and receive every patient that comes their way, but to follow the guidelines and transfer the patients accordingly.”

“The Thai government has a policy to treat every single Covid-19 patient in a hospital and not at home — no matter their symptoms or rate of severity,” the Director-General said.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26368/private-hospitals-urged-to-cooperate-over-bed-shortages/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The government has already announced that people who need to cancel their Song Kran travel plans because of COVID can get refunds on their public bus and train tickets, so long as they cancel at least 24 hours ahead of time.

Now there's an update on what the various air carriers are doing:

Songkran travel plans screwed? Here’s what the airlines are currently offering

"With surprise restrictions spoiling an untold number of Songkran travels, airlines are rushing to update their policies for all those canceled trips.

All major budget carriers want flights changed in advance – which might be difficult for those who just found they can’t travel to or from the capital due to surprise third-wave coronavirus restrictions."

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/songkran-travel-plans-screwed-heres-what-the-airlines-are-currently-offering/

The full article linked above then goes on to provide refund policy information for six different Thai domestic air carriers.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The public health authorities around the world lately have been much more reserved on the prospect of people becoming infected with the virus via casual/normal surface contacts. They're really scaled back on the likelihood of that occurring via casual living contacts.   Airborne respiratory exposure is by far and away the primary means of transmission.

But they're still advising folks to regularly wash their hands, maintain distancing, wear masks, etc etc.

Hey, thank you for the information.

Thinking back I believe I may have been on the elevator with the guy yesterday. He was masked as was I.

Anyway, I called Bangkok/Pattaya hospital and a test is 3800 b.  They suggested I come in for a test in 5 to 7 days appointment required.  No problem for some peace of mind I hope.

• Like 1

Indian actor and director Farhan Akhtar is said to have flown to Bangkok to work on a new Marvel Studios project.

“Farhan is currently stationed in Bangkok, along with an international cast and crew-

Can't imagine this lot all quarantined for 14 days!!!!!!

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Anyway, I called Bangkok/Pattaya hospital and a test is 3800 b.  They suggested I come in for a test in 5 to 7 days appointment required.  No problem for some peace of mind I hope.

Unless you have quite distinct symptoms why bother?.......you could catch the virus at the hospital, on the way there or on the way back.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Unless you have quite distinct symptoms why bother?.......you could catch the virus at the hospital, on the way there or on the way back.

Given the accident rate on the roads then mitigate all risks by staying at home

• Thanks 1

Echoing the related reports above, the BKK Post is reporting that the government is willing to allow private hospitals to buy up to 10 million doses of CV vaccines.

That is Thailand's current projected shortfall, comparing the 70 million doses the country expects to have by year-end (most of them from the yet to become available locally produced AstraZeneca vaccines) vs. the estimated 80 million minimum doses needed (enough to give the two required shots to each of 40 million Thais).

Cannot link to the BKK Post, per forum rules.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Thinking back I believe I may have been on the elevator with the guy yesterday. He was masked as was I.

Unless you were both wearing N95 type masks, which I presume to be unlikely, the typical fabric / cloth / paper masks are not entirely effective. So then it becomes a risk question -- was the other person infected, how much infected, how long and how close was your exposure, etc etc.

Interesting to hear you could arrange a COVID test relatively easily. Such is certainly not the case in BKK right now.

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

to expand the supply of hospital beds in Bangkok, work with the local hotel industry to provide hotel/hospital rooms, and look to set up emergency field hospitals in some areas.

Should have been in place & ready to go. Every hotel, from great to small, is closed anyway. Govt MUST foot the bill for its criminal negligence!

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Then there was this list of BKK area private hospital facilities and their bed availability as of recent times:

The yellow horizontal column at the top is the total for the listed hospitals, and the two vertical columns, I believe, are total beds and available beds.  Again, please correct if I'm mistaken.

Screenshot_3.jpg.fdf610b9d1afcf20c4a01dbe292d7ea7.jpg

In a city the size of BK, it's pretty amazing there are only 700 total beds in private hospitals!

29 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Echoing the related reports above, the BKK Post is reporting that the government is willing to allow private hospitals to buy up to 10 million doses of CV vaccines.

That is Thailand's current projected shortfall, comparing the 70 million doses the country expects to have by year-end (most of them from the yet to become available locally produced AstraZeneca vaccines) vs. the estimated 80 million minimum doses needed (enough to give the two required shots to each of 40 million Thais).

Cannot link to the BKK Post, per forum rules.

40 million Thais vaccinated will only achieve 57%. (Population is 70 million)

Although nobody really knows what percentage is required to achieve herd immunity,  Dr Fauci suggests a range of between 70 to 90%.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

40 million Thais vaccinated will only achieve 57%. (Population is 70 million)

Although nobody really knows what percentage is required to achieve herd immunity,  Dr Fauci suggests a range of between 70 to 90%.

I know.. those are the figures the government is using.. I'm not sure based on what... Perhaps not assuming they'll vaccinate the very young... Dunno...

At any rate, the latest vaccination report today (with a tally thru the end of yesterday) still has them at well under 1% of the population. A long way to go.

Screenshot_30.jpg.4615ca2fe303a32dcebd65b792401440.jpg

Bangkok’s Private Hospitals Suspend COVID Tests

BANGKOK, April 9 (TNA) – About 10 private hospitals in the capital have suspended their COVID-19 tests due to occupied beds and lack of testing liquids following an overwhelming number of people seeking the tests.

Amid the new wave of spreading COVID-19, the private hospitals announced to stop their COVID-19 tests. Some of them reasoned that all beds for COVID-19 patients were occupied and others said they ran out of liquids used for the tests.

The announcements were made by Phaya Thai 1 and 2 hospitals, Piyavate Hospital, Ramkhamhaeng Hospital, Bangkok Hospital, Samitivej Srinanakrin Hospital and Chaophya Hospital among others.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-671905

• Like 1

Chiang Mai Sets up Field Hospital

CHIANG MAI, April 9 (TNA) – Chiang Mai province set up a field hospital with 280 beds to treat COVID-19 patients and its opening was set this afternoon.

Local health officials were hurriedly moving medical supplies to the field hospital situated in Exhibition Hall 1 at the Chiang Mai International Exhibition and Convention Centre where access was restricted and surveillance cameras were installed.

Besides, the committee required visitors from five provinces to use CM-CHANA app and do 14-day home quarantine. This applies to those without a fever. The five provinces are Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom and Samut Prakan. (TNA)

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-671911

• Like 2

Rajvithi Hospital Has 10 More COVID Cases

BANGKOK, April 9 (TNA) – Rajvithi Hospital announced it found 10 more COVID-19 cases among its personnel.

The hospital said the new cases had been in close contact with its infected doctor who worked in its surgical department and tested positive for the disease on April 5.

As a result, the hospital had to reduce and suspend some services and advised general people not to visit it unless there was urgency.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-671785

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Indian actor and director Farhan Akhtar is said to have flown to Bangkok to work on a new Marvel Studios project.

“Farhan is currently stationed in Bangkok, along with an international cast and crew-

Can't imagine this lot all quarantined for 14 days!!!!!!

Of course not, they're special.... 

• Like 1

Ministry of Public Health says Friday that the original BKK-centered COVID cluster related to entertainment venues has now been tracked to 604 people in 32 different provinces, including 52 different venues in Bangkok.

The cases covered the period March 22 to April 8, thus far. Bangkok reportedly accounted for about half of all those cases, with women outnumbering men, and most in the 20-29 years old age range. And almost two-thirds of them were said to be asymptomatic.

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&pto=aue,boq&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://pr.moph.go.th/%3Furl%3Dpr/detail/2/04/156583/

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOT/status/1380470275490209792

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

In a city the size of BK, it's pretty amazing there are only 700 total beds in private hospitals!

Those bed numbers were just at the particular private facilities on that list... as best as I understand it... It was a sampling, not the entirety.