2006 Ranger - check engine light - ODB-II code P0107 - any ideas?

Crossy

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Sadly the longer test run resulted in the same error, plus another related error.

You may wish to check a little further.

There is an airflow sensor on the air cleaner, also another on the intercooler.

And another related problem is the exhaust gas recirculation valve.

To comply with pollution laws there is a large amount that is recirculated, this can be a problem as soot builds up in the intake manifold, effecting parts within the intake system.

Often improvements can be achieved by inserting an oval disc with 3mm hole between valve and manifold.

The restriction still recirculates exhaust gass, just much less, thus slowing (even stopping) things gunking up with soot, like you photo of the MAP sensor.

egr plate.jpg

egr gasket.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

You may wish to check a little further.

There is an airflow sensor on the air cleaner, also another on the intercooler.

And another related problem is the exhaust gas recirculation valve.

To comply with pollution laws there is a large amount that is recirculated, this can be a problem as soot builds up in the intake manifold, effecting parts within the intake system.

Often improvements can be achieved by inserting an oval disc with 3mm hole between valve and manifold.

The restriction still recirculates exhaust gass, just much less, thus slowing (even stopping) things gunking up with soot, like you photo of the MAP sensor.

egr plate.jpg

egr gasket.jpg

But does this make it smoke more?

23 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

But does this make it smoke more?

No.!

Exhaust gas recirculation is just to control the nitrous oxide content of the exhaust fumes and the slight increase in their levels would not be noticeable to anything else but a gas spectrometer.

New MAP arrived and fitted.

Decently long test drive completed.

Problem solved!!

The Beast appears to go rather better now too (subjective I know, but that old, bunged up MAP can't have helped).

Lazada seller Thaipickuppart recommended. 

• Like 2

Congratulations it always feels good to solve one of these problems in a way with the obd2 tester it makes some of these problems easyer  to solve just sorted out the wife’s mr2 spyder an issue with the evaporator canister the obd2 tester is my friend lol

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Congratulations it always feels good to solve one of these problems in a way with the obd2 tester it makes some of these problems easyer  to solve just sorted out the wife’s mr2 spyder an issue with the evaporator canister the obd2 tester is my friend lol

At 110 Baht can you afford not to have one? https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1321194727-s3281784674.html

On 4/10/2021 at 7:29 AM, Yellowtail said:

Even if this does not work, it is great stuff to have around...

835681712_BrakeCleaner.JPG.fa10295ce6a0dbfcd8f0819482df8138.JPG

It will work alright,  just not in the way you want it to, its  no good for the sensors 

https://knowhow.napaonline.com/how-to-clean-your-maf-sensor-for-better-performance/#:~:text=You can't use carburetor,from the sensor without damage.

On 4/11/2021 at 5:24 PM, Crossy said:

New MAP arrived and fitted.

Decently long test drive completed.

Problem solved!!

The Beast appears to go rather better now too (subjective I know, but that old, bunged up MAP can't have helped).

Lazada seller Thaipickuppart recommended. 

you purchased their last one !!

map.jpg.3191e35a320706d4b6d767c6b4f901c9.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

While NAPA is (or at least was)  I generally do not have a lot of faith in recommendations made by companies that have a vested interest in what I might buy.