Health Min confirms private COVID-19 vaccines imports are allowed

snoop1130

8 hours ago, WHansen said:

I have read this several times to try and understand the process. I may be wrong but to me it looks like private companies need to apply to the Thai FDA to import vaccines, after approval is granted by the FDA, those companies/organisations can import vaccines and then the hospitals or clinics can negotiate with said companies to supply them vaccines.

I hope i have misunderstood this and there are NOT a lot of already rich people applying to be middlemen to earn lots of Baht from this importation of vaccines.

Quite a few of the vaccine manufacturers have already applied for approval here in Thailand.  They're working on the final FDA approvals.  So should have a good choice from private hospitals in June.  Hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The British Council vaccinated all their Bangkok staff yesterday, both Thai and non-Thai, presumably imported from the UK.

This was a first shot? Do you know which vaccine was used?

Did they ship this in under Dilpomatic cover?

I guess I'm surprised that Thais could be vaccinated this way, but maybe this is allowed?

Wonder what medical supervision was utilized?

How many employees do they have?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

From what I've heard, from someone working at one of the big private hospitals, they're shooting for June.  But it could be very costly at first.

Any idea how costly?

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

The process seem to be taking a bit long in my opinion the submission for approval was done some time ago. Maybe the longer it take the more money is made by the so call company (monopoly) the problem seem the AZ is going downhill fast?

Whenever, the others are approved can you make sure they don't charge an arm and leg. I read back the cost might 2500B for a jab now I hear a hospital in Siracha is asking 8000?  Not being a cheap charlie I'll take and pay as long as I get a VIP card to come and go as I please without insurance or quarantine pre-covid style?????

Jeffr2,  no hard feelings my apologies for my bad comment no excuse but I was in a bad way no excuse. My middle name is Jeffrey my love of my life nephew is also Jeffrey.????

• Confused 2