Health Min confirms private COVID-19 vaccines imports are allowed

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

You've obviously bought into the bs. Why don't you stay home, under your bed, with your mask on and get your food delivered? That way you need never go out, never put yourself at risk so will feel a lot happier. Meanwhile let those who wish to, get back to some normality.

What bs?  I said I'd take any jab?  What's wrong with you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The British Council vaccinated all their Bangkok staff yesterday, both Thai and non-Thai, presumably imported from the UK.

My gf’s dad got his one two weeks ago, Moderna it was I think, maybe AZ. So there’s clearly jabs in the country, it’s just a question of money and relationships. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Personally I don't believe quarantine can be lifted and my reason for saying that, is from my research, these "experimental vaccines" which they are, currently do not protect anyone but the person who has been vaccinated, meaning if they get infected, they can still spread the virus.

The above said, statistics at the moment suggest that it reduces the severity of the virus if infected, e.g. keeps them out of ICU's and hospitals, suffice to say they can still get sick with the symptoms but won't end up in hospital.

Allowing people in without being quarantined, even for 7 days in my opinion is not going to reduce the spread of this virus.

I might be wrong, but easing quarantine should only be done when they have vaccinated most of the population, that is if they are serious about reducing the spread of the virus amongst it's population, and the longer they pi$$ fart around, the more businesses will go bust and people will find it harder to resume a normal life with a income. 

Why should the unelected "PM" want to ease quarantine? It's a big moneyspinner for the insurance companies, hospitals and hotels, then there's the brown envelopes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

So, according to the US Embassy's twitter feed, the US has just donated Covid test kits to Thailand. Of course, if you're an American citizen, you're ineligible to get what your taxes just paid for. Not to mention the embassy doing nothing for US citizens getting shots.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WHansen said:

I have read this several times to try and understand the process. I may be wrong but to me it looks like private companies need to apply to the Thai FDA to import vaccines, after approval is granted by the FDA, those companies/organisations can import vaccines and then the hospitals or clinics can negotiate with said companies to supply them vaccines.

I hope i have misunderstood this and there are NOT a lot of already rich people applying to be middlemen to earn lots of Baht from this importation of vaccines.

That's how I read it. Hands being rubbed together.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Such a Hairy Guy said:

It would be interesting to find out the cost per user per dose. I remember in one news article the Government ordered x amount of Astra Zeneca at 64 bahts per dose.

The I saw a private hospital taking pre-admission for $200 USD per dose. Which means if you are a couple at 2 doses per it would be $800.

I dont mind paying, but not being fleeced.

Interestingly the other day received an email from my health insurance company.

Email said health insurance would pay for vaccination IF free one is not available.

Followed by a disclaimer pay reasonable amount only, without stipulating what reasonable is or means

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

I need more spirits for this Songkran quarantine holiday.

Beware,
given the speed of vaccination roll-out,
and apparently accelerating spread of infections, 
you may get what you are asking for ???? 

The wholesale price of Covid vaccin is quite low considering the work and dedication put into it. AstraZeneca is around 4€, Moderna 15€, Pfizer 20€. Of course, in your home countries it is free.  If I was living in a country where I had to pay, I would, regardless of the price. The sooner the better.  After the pandemic is over, I rather think the prices will rise. 

5 hours ago, chang1 said:

Headline says "clear link" but there is not a clear link. From the article -

"But many scientists say there is no definitive evidence and it is not clear whether or why AstraZeneca's vaccine would cause an issue not shared by other vaccines that target a similar part of the coronavirus."

There is speculation that those affected were infected with covid19 when they had the vaccine, which does have a known link with blood clots. More research is needed but, as cases are so rare, there is little to worry about - yet.

It seems odd to me that there aren't any comparisons with the other vaccines around. 

The UK death rate has dropped from over 1200 a day to around 30 a day now, while the rest of Europe is experiencing the third wave. So there is no denying the Oxford vaccine is effective especially against the aggressive UK variant.

Who remembers that drone at Gatwick Airport which closed it down for a while and then the police said there wasn't one. Or that so-called Serial cat killer in the UK what they were Hunting and then they said there wasn't one. I predict this will be the same 79 clots out of about 30 million doses not even worth all the talk if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, geisha said:

The wholesale price of Covid vaccin is quite low considering the work and dedication put into it. AstraZeneca is around 4€, Moderna 15€, Pfizer 20€. Of course, in your home countries it is free.  If I was living in a country where I had to pay, I would, regardless of the price. The sooner the better.  After the pandemic is over, I rather think the prices will rise. 

Your price quotes are not accurate as you are not taking into consideration all the other things necessary to get the jab in arms.  The wholesale price has nothing to do with the final jab in a foreign country and is a false narrative of the final cost for a country to import, manage and all the other protocols/regulations necessary to provide the vaccines..  

Great chance to cheat people, collect money and run. There is no better selling point than fear. We will see this to happen globally, as private options include extremely high risk. Its profitable business for lowlifes and organisations. 

Edited by mac1970
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, greg71 said:

Not if they speed up the vaccine production and distribution.

Like they did in America this year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The process seem to be taking a bit long in my opinion the submission for approval was done some time ago. Maybe the longer it take the more money is made by the so call company (monopoly) the problem seem the AZ is going downhill fast?

Whenever, the others are approved can you make sure they don't charge an arm and leg. I read back the cost might 2500B for a jab now I hear a hospital in Siracha is asking 8000?  Not being a cheap charlie I'll take and pay as long as I get a VIP card to come and go as I please without insurance or quarantine pre-covid style?????

I think not dying if you get infected is enough benefit!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, greg71 said:

It is based on the current vaccination rate. Obviously, it will change drastically in a couple of months.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

They got the Astrazeneca shot and will have the second one in June.  Not sure where they got it, but it seems like teachers and staff at all their branches (in Bangkok) got it. 

vaccine.jpg

Interesting that is exactly the same card that I received from my local NHS Hospital here in England it is a Public Health England document,  so I presume the Vaccines were imported to Thailand from the UK under diplomatic privilege from NHS stock with UK Government approval. The fact that Thai personnel have also been vaccinated is a source of pride for me.

This option should have been in place from the beginning. It should have been a massive priority. We have been told over and over again, that the eradication of Covid is a necessity.

Instead, what do we have? Bumbling, ineptitude and Sinovac junk. 

Edited by spidermike007

On 4/10/2021 at 2:34 AM, WHansen said:

I have read this several times to try and understand the process. I may be wrong but to me it looks like private companies need to apply to the Thai FDA to import vaccines, after approval is granted by the FDA, those companies/organisations can import vaccines and then the hospitals or clinics can negotiate with said companies to supply them vaccines.

I hope i have misunderstood this and there are NOT a lot of already rich people applying to be middlemen to earn lots of Baht from this importation of vaccines.

One thing is certain, the company that imports Astra will be in trouble.