Nationwide Bank UK

My latest card still has a 4 digit PIN, that will no doubt change with the next one.

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Phone Nationwide, their operators are British!    LOL

I made a mistake when calling a UK bank and getting an obvious "sub-continental" person.

She dealt quickly and professionally with my problem and when wrapping up I commented "it must be getting late where you are", her response was "in Slough??". Oops, rapidly put in my place. I will be more careful next time.

Unless of course, she had been primed to respond in this manner ... 

• Haha 2

My 5 year renewal comes up 1st May. Current one has a 4 digit one. How do I update online with my new 6 digit one. I can only access my a/c online with current card until end of this month. Can I access it online with old card on last day of this month and change to new 6 digit PIN which I then start using in May.

Edited by lelapin

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Your UK Nationwide card uses a 6 digit PIN, when was it issued?

Sorry, getting mixed up with online banking log in PIN.

No, the actual card needs only 4 digit for ATM's etc. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry, getting mixed up with online banking log in PIN.

No, the actual card needs only 4 digit for ATM's etc. 

I am referring to online banking log in PIN. I do not use it at ATM

10 minutes ago, lelapin said:

To use the card with the card reader or an ATM the debit card PIN is 4 digits. I don't think there are any plans for the UK to move to a six digit PIN.
You keep the same PIN as the old card, the only time the PIN changes is when a lost or stolen card is replaced or you change the PIN yourself. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

Hello lelapin, may I ask, did you get Nationwide to send you the card direct to Thailand?

No. I had it sent to a UK address and it is being forwarded on to me. I do have my Thai mobile no. on my internet account but always log on to the internet with my card reader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lelapin said:

Mine is 6 digits for online banking, for which you do not need your card if you know your Personal log in number. You get a OTP on your phone or email.

Phone app simply needs digits from your 6 digit PIN.

For card reader or ATM it is 4 digits.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Mine is 6 digits for online banking, for which you do not need your card if you know your Personal log in number. You get a OTP on your phone or email.

Phone app simply needs digits from your 6 digit PIN.

For card reader or ATM it is 4 digits.

Out of interest, do you receive the Nationwide OTP on a Thai or UK mobile number? My experience is that only UK mobile numbers can receive OTP's but that may have changed?

i am also not aware of the email option for receipt of OTP's. Is that a new Nationwide option?

8 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Out of interest, do you receive the Nationwide OTP on a Thai or UK mobile number? My experience is that only UK mobile numbers can receive OTP's but that may have changed?

i am also not aware of the email option for receipt of OTP's. Is that a new Nationwide option?

I think either for OTP, but I use Thai number. Never used the email option.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, dabhand said:

Yeh, me too.

Something doesn't make sense.

• Like 1