Travel Challenges

What are the travel challenges you have done or would like to do? Kid you not I wanna go to North Korea but figured it would be a death wish. Perhaps wildlife adventure in Africa. I just want to do something challenging or maybe something that I fear doing.

Edited by Jillie Norman

Sadly, international travel right now is very difficult.  Even if you can get to a country, many have everything shut down.  And I'd be afraid to travel unless I've been fully vaccinated.  It'd suck to be in Africa and get CV19.

North Korea is not that hard to do.  Google Young Pioneer Tours.  They go all the time.

How many countries have you been to so far?

Right now, it's a great time to explore Thailand.  If you like islands, the ones in the south are open and hotel rates are at rock bottom.

This guy has been all over.  Surin was one of his latest trips and looks fantastic.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:25 AM, Jillie Norman said:

Hi there. Thanks for your response. That's an interesting one. I can do that but with someone, but alone? No can do! LOL but then, I suppose you won't be able to meditate effectively when you're with someone, right? 

Well you did ask for a travel challenge and when you receive one you back out of it. Anyway, any travel in or out of Thailand is a challenge at the moment, so why not just try a return trip (alone) to the next province.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:58 PM, Jeffr2 said:

Sadly, international travel right now is very difficult.  Even if you can get to a country, many have everything shut down.  And I'd be afraid to travel unless I've been fully vaccinated.  It'd suck to be in Africa and get CV19.

North Korea is not that hard to do.  Google Young Pioneer Tours.  They go all the time.

How many countries have you been to so far?

Right now, it's a great time to explore Thailand.  If you like islands, the ones in the south are open and hotel rates are at rock bottom.

This guy has been all over.  Surin was one of his latest trips and looks fantastic.

As per the free crabs Im pretty sure the bargirls in pattaya would match that offer...  ???? small deposit req'd...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! 

On 4/17/2021 at 4:37 AM, geisha said:

I did a treck  through the jungle in Borneo. Mostly by small boat and then walking, stayed overnight with the Dayak Tribe. Fantastic, will never forget it . Travelled through South America, drove from Venezuela to Brazil, camped out. Climbed volcanos in Guatemala and visited the maya temples from there into Mexico. Lately, climbed Machu Picchu , Titicaca , that was 4 yrs ago, I was 64. Ecuador. Single lady traveler. 
Younger traveled through India, Ceylon, was one of the first real tourists into Burma, though I returned there a good few times. Wonderful country and people, situation is heartbreaking now. All the Asian countries , Loved Japan , never got to Korea, maybe, but south. Australia , beautiful. Next stop French Polynesia, Samoa and Fiji , when they open. So many wonderful and interesting countries to visit, the choice is endless. 

Wow, now that is life! I could only imagine how much fun and meaningful those times were. I envy you. It sounds like the life I always wanted but I couldn't do those things. I have a fear of heights and open waters, so I haven't really had an adventure like that. I mean, I can go to places but climb or ships, I can't do them. I was thinking of seeking professional help for this as I think it's stopping me from truly living. Have anyone of you had any experience with therapists? Do they help situations like mine?