Chonburi orders all entertainment venues to close

snoop1130

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? What makes them different?

I guess those that want to convert Pattaya to a "family" resort will get their wish now, as I can't see the pre corona night life surviving if this sort of thing continues. At some stage the people that worked in the biz will move on to other things.

I don't have this fear. I see that they build many new bars at the moment. At the Tree Town area they build something with a swimming pool. No idea what will happen there when it is finished. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? What makes them different?

I guess those that want to convert Pattaya to a "family" resort will get their wish now, as I can't see the pre corona night life surviving if this sort of thing continues. At some stage the people that worked in the biz will move on to other things.

If you do not know the difference between a traditional massage and a non-traditional one, living in Pattaya is wasted on you. 

Some of these old girls can't do much else.... not much call for sitting around eating and playing with your phone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

If you do not know the difference between a traditional massage and a non-traditional one, living in Pattaya is wasted on you. 

Some of these old girls can't do much else.... not much call for sitting around eating and playing with your phone!

Traditional massage in Pattaya is every small massage shop.  So, it seems like just the soapie parlours have to close.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Traditional massage in Pattaya is every small massage shop.  So, it seems like just the soapie parlours have to close.

Well they all had to get signs saying 'Health Massage', but I certainly did not pick up on the difference, some very unhealthy suggestions!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I believe the soapies have been closed for over a year already, I speak of Pattaya. Some of the Bangkok ones, which in my mind straddle the differences between Pattaya Soapies, and regular MPs, were open.

That said... I was under the impression most MPs in Pattaya will be closing, we shall have to see, today is the first day.

Edited by jacko45k

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well aware where Mike Shopping Mall is- I spent a lot of money in there over the years.

Far as I'm concerned Mike Shopping Mall IS in central Pattaya.

You are, good for you! I still confuse the Mall and the Plaza and have been coming here for many years, even met my current partner in one of them!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I believe the soapies have been closed for over a year already, I speak of Pattaya. Some of the Bangkok ones, which in my mind straddle the differences between Pattaya Soapies, and regular MPs, were open.

That said... I was under the impression most MPs in Pattaya will be closing, we shall have to see, today is the first day.

A friends wife works in a traditional shop, they are allowed to stay open... for now.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

A friends wife works in a traditional shop, they are allowed to stay open... for now.

When you say 'allowed', is that coming from the police or where? It is early yet, and the ban only came into effect at midnight, 8hr.30m ago,  at the moment it is early for MPs to be open. 

I don't see the difference wrt Covid infections between 'traditional' and non-traditional..... even the services on offer at them grey the distinction. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

When you say 'allowed', is that coming from the police or where? It is early yet, and the ban only came into effect at midnight, 8hr.30m ago,  at the moment it is early for MPs to be open. 

I don't see the difference wrt Covid infections between 'traditional' and non-traditional..... even the services on offer at them grey the distinction. 

She tells me her Boss phoned city hall, they said can stay open.

Just got back from a trip to foodland, looks like they are closing all U-turns on Suk road.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Thanks 1

According to the document below (the same one that the Pattaya New site shows in fact), under which businesses are affected, article 1.3 clearly states "massage parlours".
I don't see any differentiation between "traditional" or "soapy" massage parlours, despite what the Pattaya News seems to think.

Article 1.3:
๑.๓ สถานประกอบกิจการอาบน้ำ อบไอน้ำ และสถานประกอบกิจการอาบอบนวด

Translated:
1.3 A steam bath business establishment and a massage parlor business establishment

(Steam bath meaning Saunas and the like.)

As mentioned before, there is no doubt a lot of places will stay open regardless. At least until a couple get raided by the cops and make the news. Just like some bars and other places. Just like every other time there's a shut down for any reason.

a.thumb.jpg.f1d69df7ccf4ca28f15136485137fb64.jpg  b.thumb.jpg.2610f5ffc1c9f371235624fd617a5746.jpg

11 hours ago, frantick said:

OMG, move already. Like someone moving to Vegas expecting quiet. 

Unless I am paying his moving expenses, I am hardly able to tell him to move. Many parts of Pattaya/Jomtien are quiet, and not knowing the details of the OPs post, I can't comment on his situation. Perhaps you can enlighten the readership about his predicament.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

"very few have survived" is an exaggeration, Buakhao alone must have close to 100.

Bukkaho is an exception as it's the only area still a little bit alive

between beach road and third road, and even here a lot have closed already

if you bother to have a look at second road and all the perpendiculars sois

you should see that around 80% of the massages shops have definitively closed their doors

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Bukkaho is an exception as it's the only area still a little bit alive

between beach road and third road, and even here a lot have closed already

if you bother to have a look at second road and all the perpendiculars sois

you should see that around 80% of the massages shops have definitively closed their doors

You said "few have survived" which is clearly wrong, of course down the side sois they are struggling. Klang is doing ok, loads down there. Depends how you see things I guess

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

well done, you just advocated killing 7000 innocent people.

words fail me

????

Well, it really isn't really that clear cut. I understand where the guy is coming from. Traffic fatalities kill about 20k in Thailand every year. Do we ban driving?  Sometimes we make compromises even for people's lives.

I think about "the greater good" quote the poster mentioned sometimes. I wonder if this is nature's way of healing itself too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammyinla said:

Well, it really isn't really that clear cut. I understand where the guy is coming from. Traffic fatalities kill about 20k in Thailand every year. Do we ban driving?  Sometimes we make compromises even for people's lives.

I think about "the greater good" quote the poster mentioned sometimes. I wonder if this is nature's way of healing itself too...

Oh come on, bringing up the traffic fatalities as some sort of comparison is a weak and flawed argument. Driving is a necessity.... and by the way, it is the road accidents that bring about the fatalities and you can not say efforts are not made to reduce them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like they just can't catch a break. Not the first time everyone got shafted a few days from one of the few profitable times of the year. Even I was planning a trip to Pats but not likely now. 

Was fun last year though. I planned it so I would head back to Chiang Mai on the day the whole country is moving back to Bangkok. The miles after miles of virtual gridlock on highway 1 heading to Bangkok is surreal when you're heading the opposite direction. 

LOL, and to the poster complaining about the noise. In a party town? Must a distant relative of this chap on the Chiang Mai forum who never fails endlessly to complain about the noise from the airport. Mate.... airport's been there for a long time and, for all intents and purpose, is not going to move. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

You said "few have survived" which is clearly wrong, of course down the side sois they are struggling. Klang is doing ok, loads down there. Depends how you see things I guess

I think for some reasons you are in denial and i will not lose my time trying to convince you

i suggest you go out of klang\bukkaho and do a walk on second road from pattaya klang to terminal 21, then go back checking all the perpendicular sois between second road and beach road

as i said near 80% of the massages shops are closed, most of them definitively, it's sad but it's a fact

Edited by kingofthemountain

More off topic posts about buying and selling condos also sound insulation have been removed.

Please stay on topic:

Chonburi orders all entertainment venues to close

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Oh come on, bringing up the traffic fatalities as some sort of comparison is a weak and flawed argument. Driving is a necessity.... and by the way, it is the road accidents that bring about the fatalities and you can not say efforts are not made to reduce them.

Is driving really a necessity? I don’t own/drive a vehicle in Thailand. Or are you saying it’s a necessity for commerce just like having businesses open?

And do you think nothing is being done to contain the virus? Masks, washing hands, developing vaccines, etc.  I’m saying at some point we cross the line - I’m not sure where that point is, but it’s not clear cut. Shutting down entertainment venues for two weeks and contact tracing is probably the right thing to do. Giving us earlier access to vaccinations would be even better. 

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

Thailand has been sitting on its hands for months in relation to the vaccine. The country is rapidly falling behind the rest of the world for vaccinating its citizens.    

Not the only place, resting on it's laurels of low infection numbers due to isolation and lockdown. A pal in Oz, well over 70, just got his first jab. The recent announcement that hospitals can procure jabs here (to sell I guess) brings hope.... but I see greedy fingers pondering how to get their bucks worth off it. 

• Like 1