Chonburi orders all entertainment venues to close

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Enjoy your view, sorry to disagree with you but I do.

There's no need to apologise for disagreeing with someone. I never do. It would be a boring world if people agreed with each other all the time, wouldn't it now?

Edited by dbrenn
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dbrenn said:

I was comparing Covid to flu, not Ebola to flu. As you say, it's of course possible that Covid will mutate, just as flu does, and that we'll have to get vaccinated for it every year, as is the case with flu. This also means that 'zero covid' policies are impractical, and that we'll have to live with Covid in the same way we have to live with flu.

But you seem to not comprehend is that until everyone has had their jabs we're all at risk, I will feel a damn site better once me & the little lady have had the jabs of our choosing, not this Sinovac rubbish, then if I get it I may not die & my Mrs can go shopping without worrying that when she comes home she is not potentially lethal to me.

It may sound over dramatic to you, I don't know your circumstances, but I am an older person with hyper tension a bit over weight due to dodgy knees & back so can't exercise as much as I used only a few years ago. I wish you well for the future ????

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Agreed. Everyone should have the chance of a free vaccination. Seems that there are global supply shortages though, even in places like Australia that usually gets this kind of thing right.

It's only free to the people if the Thai government buy it, or manufacture it.    Both cost money.  Currently, they are not doing either of any significance.   

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

To me, as I see this as likely to put commercially available jabs out there for those prepared to pay. That would include me.... I want out of this imprisonment.

That would really show the inequality in Thai society, but I doubt the Thai elite would care.  

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's only free to the people if the Thai government buy it, or manufacture it.    Both cost money.  Currently, they are not doing either of any significance.   

I agree that it should be offered freely to everyone who wants it. 

6 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I think @Salerno is stalking me. He dislikes everything I post, wherever I post it, but lacks the capability to engage in the discussion. People are so cowardly these days. 

If that's the case it just honestly reflects what I think of your posts, given I don't see who has posted what I'm reading.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

except the part about 'the science', which indicates that there is only one unanimous scientific opinion.

There are always outliers/quacks/nutters however they may be described, and in fact, now and then history proves some of them to actually be "geniuses". But the reality is any decent government should act on the advice given by their trusted scientific community at any given time (that British guy is a classic case of where trust is misplaced!). 

24 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Call me a cynic, but politicians chase power and the media chases and amplifies a story that makes money.

Indeed they do, and the media has done a doozy on this one. Some of the panic is hilarious. We've got people on here wanting people stopped coming into the country ... even though arrivals have to do quarantine!

That said, covid is not the flu, nor can it be compared to deaths on the roads or whatever other straw man arguments a certain cohort likes to spout.

Personally I'm not in high risk group but I have family and know people that are and therefore, I am willing to accept a little "pain" and curtailing of my activities to help protect them until the vaccine roll-out is complete and we can get back to "normal". Those in Thailand complaining about measure to try and contain the breakouts are, IMO, laughable given the freedom they have had compared to others around the world.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dbrenn said:

I agree that it should be offered freely to everyone who wants it. 

That would mean the Thai government buys about 90 million vaccines to vaccinate about 45 million Thai's, or they manufacture it. 

To date, the Thai government has done next to nothing.  The longer they do nothing, the longer their borders will remain closed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

That would mean the Thai government buys about 90 million vaccines to vaccinate about 45 million Thai's, or they manufacture it. 

To date, the Thai government has done next to nothing.  The longer they do nothing, the longer their borders will remain closed.  

The idea is to produce the vaccine localy in Thailand

it's why the governement has given 600 millions to Siam bioscience

and the company is supposed to provide in return ''free'' vaccines for this amount of money

The problem is the deal (Including with Aztraneca) was done in october 2020, and near 6 months later still no any vaccine is coming from this factory. I understand it takes time to put a production line at works but come on, i mean the factory exists already and was producing medical stuff, so what is exactly the problem here?

In january 2021 the communication director of the company declared

''To support the global fight against the pandemic and in line with AstraZeneca’s own commitment, Siam Bioscience is manufacturing the vaccine under a ‘no profit, no loss’ framework for the duration of the pandemic

The mission to manufacture this COVID-19 vaccine is supported by the National Vaccine Institute, Ministry of Public Health, with a budget of almost 600 million baht, with an additional 100 million baht budgeted by Siam Cement Group (SCG). This will enable preparation of the manufacturing facilities and processes. In return for the government support, Siam Bioscience will procure the AstraZeneca vaccine with a value equivalent to the funding it receives and will give the vaccine to the Thai government to support vaccine availability to the public.''

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

i mean the factory exists already and was producing medical stuff, so what is exactly the problem here?

After the brown envelopes were handed out there wasn't much left of the 600 million.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heng said:

What provinces are still open entertainment wise?

Good question, probably none, but now there are 42 provinces with quarantine procedures in place for those entering 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Good question, probably none, but now there are 42 provinces with quarantine procedures in place for those entering 

I hope I don't get liver cancer or something worse from this upbeat crypto market.   ????

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 11:43 AM, ThailandRyan said:

However, Ebola is contained to certain areas and Covid is not.  No comparison.

You missed my point by a mile! If Ebola, which is in a relatively small area can't be eliminated, what hope can there to be to eliminate corona? IMO none at all. We'll have to find a way to live with it ( like we do with flu ) and carry regardless, or live in a continual state of lockdown off and on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

It's likely to be in reverse.

Those who are one man islands who can infect others will be isolated, and those who are vaccinated and part of a society as a whole will be out and about.

That would be against every human right enacted in law by western countries, IMO. If that's what any want I suggest they go live in China.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 12:15 PM, BritManToo said:

You'll be curtailing your activities forever, because nothing will ever get back to normal.

I saw on tv this morning that Dr Fauci wants people that have been vaccinated to still not eat inside restaurants and continue masking etc. I can only suppose he enjoys his 15 minutes of fame and wants it to last and last and last.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:21 AM, Salerno said:

Personally I'm not in high risk group but I have family and know people that are and therefore, I am willing to accept a little "pain" and curtailing of my activities to help protect them until the vaccine roll-out is complete and we can get back to "normal".

You are assuming there will be a "normal" again, in our lifetimes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That would be against every human right enacted in law by western countries, IMO. If that's what any want I suggest they go live in China.

Not at all.  That's what every government is pursuing.  No vaccination certificate?  Go home.  Makes sense.  We'll never get back to "normal" until we reach herd immunity.

• Confused 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

You are assuming there will be a "normal" again, in our lifetimes.

9/11 changed air travel forever.  But, we managed.  Get to herd immunity and we'll do the same.  A new "normal", but we'll adjust.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Not at all.  That's what every government is pursuing.  No vaccination certificate?  Go home.  Makes sense.  We'll never get back to "normal" until we reach herd immunity.

What about those that the vaccine does not work on?

BTW, it's not necessary to vaccinate everyone to reach herd immunity. Are not those that were infected already immune? That's how it normally works with infections. I got measles as a child so I'm immune- no vaccine necessary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

9/11 changed air travel forever.  But, we managed.  Get to herd immunity and we'll do the same.  A new "normal", but we'll adjust.

Out of the world population not that many fly, and that's a tightly controlled activity. Not a very good comparison.