Here are the provinces requiring travellers from Bangkok and other ‘high risk’ areas to quarantine

snoop1130

But, but, but, I wanted to go to Hua Hin on the 19th from Bangkok, Oh well, guess I can not honor that hotel reservation, glad I did not have to pay for it until arrival through Booking.com.  Feel sorry for the businesses really, But just because I come from Bangkok does not mean I am infected, or will be since I am now self isolating after returning from Chiang Mai this morning.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

For Hua Hin the quarantine only applies if you're coming from one of Bangkok's "districts with a high number of infected patients".  Apparently they will accept your word!  

Thats magnanimous of them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SGD said:

But they are right, it is a waste of time quarantining people forever.

Open all up, take it on the chin, life moves on.

Your probably hiding under your bed as you type  this ????????????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

For Hua Hin the quarantine only applies if you're coming from one of Bangkok's "districts with a high number of infected patients".  Apparently they will accept your word!  

Oh well, that's sorted then.

Just now, KhaoYai said:

Oh well, that's sorted then.

Yep, just have to figure out which districts near me that have not been hit hard.  If they look at my address and check a map they will see I am right in the middle of the areas and it's converging inwards....lol

I'm just wondering what happens if you want to travel to another province on the high risk list.

For example, I live in Nonthaburi and want to travel with my wife to her family home in Pathum Thani (way out in the sticks though, only about 5 houses spread over about 1 kilometre).  

It isn't very clear if we will be able to or not.

Edited by borborygmus999

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Political posturing?  Come on.  More like trying to save lives and stop the spread of this deadly virus. 

If that was true they could take far more effective action than they have, although the national government would most likely have to be involved.  When someone posts examples of people being forcibly made to quarantine, or turned away from a provincial village/town/city, I might believe that it's not just a political gesture.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If that was true they could take far more effective action than they have, although the national government would most likely have to be involved.  When someone posts examples of people being forcibly made to quarantine, or turned away from a provincial village/town/city, I might believe that it's not just a political gesture.

No argument they are not doing a great job here with regards to the vaccine.  But as far as the virus goes, they've done pretty good.  Few deaths, hospitals aren't over loaded, etc.  Congrats to Thailand for not being like the West or Brazil.

You might not believe it, but there is a group of medical experts advising the government on what to do.  The mouth piece, sadly, are people like Anutin. 

I do remember being not allowed into downtown Pattaya last year.  Forcibly.  Was that political posturing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1