Here are the provinces requiring travellers from Bangkok and other ‘high risk’ areas to quarantine

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, but my comments were in regard to the travel restrictions already announced by some rogue Governors, but which are not being nationally applied.

The ambiguity is understandable then. Anyway. If governors have been told they have a choice of imposing or not imposing restrictions their actions can not be regarded as non compliant or 'rogue' or in any way out of step with general trends. I think the real application of restrictions will come after Songkran.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

No argument they are not doing a great job here with regards to the vaccine.  But as far as the virus goes, they've done pretty good.  Few deaths, hospitals aren't over loaded, etc.  Congrats to Thailand for not being like the West or Brazil.

You might not believe it, but there is a group of medical experts advising the government on what to do.  The mouth piece, sadly, are people like Anutin. 

I do remember being not allowed into downtown Pattaya last year.  Forcibly.  Was that political posturing?

Be more accurate when you use the term West, Australia and NZ are world leaders in eradicating Covid (currently nil)

Far fairer for you to say USA and UK

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steevjee said:

Be more accurate when you use the term West, Australia and NZ are world leaders in eradicating Covid (currently nil)

They have not eradicated covid. They have temporarily shielded their population by locking their nations down.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WineOh said:

this is a rubbish time to travel, why even bother?

especially over the songrakn period it will just be loads of loud locals getting drunk with their families till 4am.

I'd rather stay at home.

I never normally stay in Thailand over Songkran, usually i would go down to Penang then come back after the carnage is over...... But as of late you can't just cross over borders in Thailand that easily, even before C19 turned up it was a nationalistic gestapo grilling nightmare.....   

5 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

, even before C19 turned up it was a nationalistic gestapo grilling nightmare.....   

The border to Penang?

Never really had a problem there myself. 

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

Better  tell the numpties at Tesco today then, mask under noses etc, yep the ones standing by the door  insisting  you do the temp check, ridiculous, same with 7-11  staff.

I've not seen that in my area. Never.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, steevjee said:

Well put!! But I'd add Europe also.

Edited by Jeffr2

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe the people in the village wont let you in, they think all farang are infected

Yes, a chap I know slightly was on the MRT in Bangkok the other day and two schoolgirls refused to sit next to him, saying 'Farang na glua' (scary).

That's what happens when you have a superstitious, gullible and badly educated people who believe whatever they are told.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't know the virus could discriminate and infect people from one neighborhood/district vs people from nearby neighborhood/district.... that's a complete non sense, either close the city or not close but hoping that people coming from a district on a red list (with a high number of infections, how the heck would they know how many infections on their district)  would say exactly where they come from it's mind blowing....

170748301_4156907627665953_7369245860166954378_n.png

• Like 1

Booked last week trip to Bangkok from Mukdahan..... Seems one can get it refunded from the bus company but am wondering if traveling from Mukdahan to Pattaya and back will be subject to the 14 day quarantine. Don't think so but everything's seems to change so rapidly now.. Thanks for any feedback.

7 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Booked last week trip to Bangkok from Mukdahan..... Seems one can get it refunded from the bus company but am wondering if traveling from Mukdahan to Pattaya and back will be subject to the 14 day quarantine. Don't think so but everything's seems to change so rapidly now.. Thanks for any feedback.

I'm not aware of any quarantine requirements for people travelling to Pattaya, irrespective of where they are travelling from.  Of course, this could change at any time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Why unenforceable?  During the last wave, you couldn't get onto Phuket.  It was blocked.  And the highways down there all had massive road blocks.  There were many.  Stopping all cars from out of the province, taking temps, and in some cases, turning you back.  We were there just after it opened up and saw the many highway checkpoints.

There aren't that many routes into Phuket. Easy to monitor what's coming in. But, take an Isan province, you can approach it from all sides, multiple angles, dozens of roads :No way they monitor them all. If you want to get in without quarantine you will be able to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not aware of any quarantine requirements for people travelling to Pattaya, irrespective of where they are travelling from.  Of course, this could change at any time.

They closed all the bars and pubs in sin city. Who wants to go to a ghost town, other than the Ghostbusters maybe? 

56 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

There aren't that many routes into Phuket. Easy to monitor what's coming in. But, take an Isan province, you can approach it from all sides, multiple angles, dozens of roads :No way they monitor them all. If you want to get in without quarantine you will be able to. 

There is only one route bye road into Phuket and thats Sarasin bridge close that and we are isolated, the only other way is by boat

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mansell said:

And if you don’t die you now have to live with the health issues. A friend in Chiang Mai went to the States because his mother was ill back in March 2020. She died, and at her funeral he and his father both got Covid, father died, and my friend survived but has extreme breathing difficulties and is on supplemental oxygen and physical therapy trying to get his lungs sorted. Cannot travel to return to his wife, kids, and his business. Been over a year now. Not a thing to take lightly especially as he is only around fifty years old and had no health issues before. So to the guy who said “Take it on the chin” well good luck on that one.

Sad story about your friend we just dont know what the effects can be, Im keeping well out of the way as much as I can Im pretty fit and healthy I want to stay that way, I have a grand daughter who I haven't met yet

2 hours ago, Mansell said:

And if you don’t die you now have to live with the health issues. A friend in Chiang Mai went to the States because his mother was ill back in March 2020. She died, and at her funeral he and his father both got Covid, father died, and my friend survived but has extreme breathing difficulties and is on supplemental oxygen and physical therapy trying to get his lungs sorted. Cannot travel to return to his wife, kids, and his business. Been over a year now. Not a thing to take lightly especially as he is only around fifty years old and had no health issues before. So to the guy who said “Take it on the chin” well good luck on that one.

Some just don't get it.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, borborygmus999 said:

For example, I live in Nonthaburi and want to travel with my wife to her family home in Pathum Thani (way out in the sticks though, only about 5 houses spread over about 1 kilometre).  

Why would you want to do that when you should know that if you and your wife have not been vaccinated you both stand a very good chance of becoming infected and hospitalised? 
surely you can wait at least until you get a jab or two for the safety of all.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, toolpush said:

Deadly virus with a 99.7% survival rate?

And a virus so deadly we are only advised to wear a thin layer of cloth over our faces and squirt a bit of gel in our hands haha - I wish people would wake up. Dont get me wrong, the at risk are well, at risk and should take the necessary precautions. Everyone else however is being treated as if they are also in the at risk group. Its about control and funnily enough, seems to happen everytime there is some kind of holiday afoot!! 

A year on and we are doing all the same things we already have. Keep accepting it and they will continue to control. Maybe herd was the way to go.

Mochit bus station last year was being touted as the end of the world and the same thing is happening now!! People talking about 'waves' yet again. Thailand has not had any waves, only spikes here and there but we are still seeing over reactions to this virus.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

On a population of how many ?? And how many deaths are covid related or actual covid deaths ?? People with underlying illness that would have died of the flu as well are counted as covid deaths . 

That's the old and tired "they died with Covid, not from Covid".  That argument ignores real life, where people can live many years with chronic illnesses. 

Let me ask you this: if someone had simply machine gunned those people with chronic illnesses, would you be inclined to give them a pass? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1