Hotel booking cancellations due to Covid

Henryford

I had a hotel booking over Songhran in Korat through Agoda. With the latest restrictions i think it is probably better not to travel there from Pattaya. Unfortuneately my hotel booking is non refundable. I would like to contact Agoda to ask whether they can provide refunds in these circumstances. Their website only seems to provide computer generated responses to general questions. Does anyone know any way to contact Agoda and actually speak to a customer representative.

I doubt you'll be able to receive a refund from Agoda.

There is only one number I can see for the customer support and that's in the UK
 +44 (0)20 3027 7900

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

I doubt you'll be able to receive a refund from Agoda.

It’ll depend on the hotel. The Agoda agent will call the hotel and ask them. I got one of my two Songkran accommodations refunded (in Agoda credits) within a couple of hours. The second one wants to see some evidence that I indeed will not travel, so let’s see how that turns out. 

11 minutes ago, Henryford said:

All credit to Agoda they just confirmed the booking is cancelled with a full refund.

That's good to know.  I wonder if Booking.com will do the same.  I have paid for 3 nights in Pattaya next week, and the cancellation date has passed.  I still hope to go, but there's a chance that Chonburi may still announce some restrictions.

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's good to know.  I wonder if Booking.com will do the same.  I have paid for 3 nights in Pattaya next week, and the cancellation date has passed.  I still hope to go, but there's a chance that Chonburi may still announce some restrictions.

No restrictions unless coming from a red zone.

The problem is the rules can change at any stage. Do you want to come to Pattaya with all the bars/a gogos closed? I have another holiday booked to Phuket in June but luckily have a cancellation option if things go south just before,

8 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The problem is the rules can change at any stage. Do you want to come to Pattaya with all the bars/a gogos closed? I have another holiday booked to Phuket in June but luckily have a cancellation option if things go south just before,

I don't care about bars/gogos, as I'm travelling my wife and young child.  If restaurants, shopping malls and kid's playgrounds are closed, that would be different.  The hotel has a hug pool and slides etc for kids, and it's right on the beach, so there should still be enough to do.  We're only there for 3 days anyway.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:24 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

It is up to the hotel. Go to the booking.com app and find the booking. It should have an option to contact the hotel. We are giving 6 month vouchers for future stays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

It is up to the hotel. Go to the booking.com app and find the booking. It should have an option to contact the hotel. We are giving 6 month vouchers for future stays.

Will do.  However, I'm still optimistic that there won't be travel restrictions for Chonburi.