Free COVID tests for Phuket partygoers

webfact

1617962123_1-org.jpg

The notice announcing the free COVID tests issued today (Apr 9). Image: Phuketanticovid19

PHUKET: Any persons who attended any of the three mass parties held in Phuket last weekend that have now contributed to the rise in the number of COVID infections on the island will be provided a free COVID test.

The news was announced this afternoon (Apr 9) in a notice posted on the official Ministry of Interior Phuket office COVID information Facebook page, Phuketanticovid19, which presents itself as the “Official COVID-19 Information Center Phuket”.

Mobile testing units will be stationed on Bangla Rd, Patong, and be open to conduct free COVID tests from 9am to 4pm from Sunday (Apr 11) through Tuesday next week (Apr 13), said the notice.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/free-covid-tests-for-phuket-partygoers-79633.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-10

That certainly brought the curtain down on Songkran in Phuket, I drove through Rawai late afternoon 5 pm and sure enough all the bars closed, I feel sorry for them as though the last years not been bad enough a chance to make a little bit of money over Songkran now has been wiped away.

It really did feel like thing could pick up it seemed to be getting busy over the holiday period.

It feels like all could come crashing down how much longer can people survive? I dont know.

It will be interesting to see how many turn up for a free test and what the results will be.

Stay safe Sawat dee pee mai