Thailand’s ‘Hi-So’ elite blamed for new Covid-19 cases forcing closure of nightspots

webfact

1 minute ago, Boomer6969 said:

Interesting you mention it, I am advocating that the Thais should study the paths to democracy England and France took; and draw the obvious conclusion from the comparison.

I'd agree if one said "too late".

As the red queen in Alice in Wonderland said "Off with their heads".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

Looks like the US vaccines do much better then AstraZeneca. Maybe if available a PFIZER or Moderna vaccine. Leave AtraZeneca for the others.

But that's a bit unsophisticated; as an elderly male is seems that Astra Zeneca is quite safe and effective for me, but I would be (just) reluctant to let my 39 years old wife have it. For her and possibly my daughters I'd pay a premium to get them Pfizer.

2 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

But that's a bit unsophisticated; as an elderly male is seems that Astra Zeneca is quite safe and effective for me, but I would be (just) reluctant to let my 39 years old wife have it. For her and possibly my daughters I'd pay a premium to get them Pfizer.

I was talking about protection not risks, risks were not available in that poster. Just efficiency. It seems to be MUCH better then Astra Zeneca. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

I wonder where THEY caught it, those irreproachable, stainless beacons of all that is good and decent and moral.

Perhaps the guest lists of Krystal Club and other 'hi-so" party venues could shed a light on it?

I should imagine that all such lists have been long since been shredded!

• Haha 1

In my low rise building in ekkamai there is a new covid case every single day. We are informed through the building line app. 

I always believed Thailand had low numbers through creativive accounting and now again they stopped counting. 

I wonder if cases from my building are even being reported. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Ohhh NO, the peasants are blaming the elite. That is how the French revolution started.

Good thing Facebook is not as deathly as the guillotine. 

Oh, don't say that! FB can be deadly. Social networks are the new tribunals and they can execute you with a few tweets or messages.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes maybe but the Transport Minister had received the Sinovac vaccine already and he still got infected, not sure if he had both doses, but whether he did or not an expert here has officially claimed that after testing the serum and antibodies produced from Sinovac against the UK variant, the results are not looking good and far less effective.

Watch this space!

Minister who supports cheap Sinovac for the masses gets infected because it doesn't work.  After the government lets a deadly new strain flourish with no vaccine in sight.

And who is health minister? Anutin the terrible.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

USA< USA USA>  always the best.

I hardly think USA is best at anything to be honest.

As Australian government has just advised anyone under the age of 50 shouldn't take the AZ vaccine it means I will now get the Pfizer jab, which to be honest im happy about.

Im in the current group being vaccinated in Australia however with this change, and waiting on supply from overseas it might mean i dont get my jab for another month or 6 weeks. 

However that doenst bother me, as I have nowhere to go for the next 6 months.

Thailand certainly not going to be opening anytime soon . The plan is October no quarantine to many areas of Thailand if you have had the jab.

Not sure that will be the case with the current situation now.

In related news  ..... They are green lighting "other vaccines"   Private hospitals will be allowed to buy 10 million doses.   Holy Bat Guano Batman.

After all the foot dragging and bull puckery, all it takes is a Hi So Gov PooYai, infection event, to light a fire under hind quarters. Amazing we -expats- may get to pay for a vaccine at a private hospital all thanks to the elites busting it at their clubs. However that is if they have any leftovers once Government and Hi Sos get their shots, because you know who gets first dibs. Looks like they don't want to WAIT for locally made vaccine like Kone tammada people have to. You gotta love the patriotism of this crowd.

Edited by LomSak27
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, robblok said:

In this case yes, but the AstraZeneca is better to store. But the US vaccines are more effective. If i could choose id go for Pfizer. 

In fact the "Pfizer" is an development and innovation of BioNtech Germany, owned and led buy Ugur Sahin and Özlem Türeci, immigrants with Turkish roots, who also are the scientists behinds the development. They cooperate with Pfizer with Pfizer, and Pfizer has been mainly in charge of testing, production, marketing and distribution. So, I prefer to call it BioNtech vaccine rather than Pfizer for these reasons.

I guess they will get the Nobel prize for medicine this year, together with the guys behind Moderna.

Of topic, but worth to be mentioned.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 2

A 5% elite v a 95% majority. Bread and circuses are called for. Not that I care, the further this economy drops into the doldrums the better. Ah, and everyone said tourism wasn"t that important, the black economy thrives on it. It's a multiplier basically. Like I brought a few million baht here. And year on year, guys were doing this.. Now it's all stopped. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamieM said:

Please don't associate being covid positive with being wealthy they will all be trying to get infected to show how hi-so they are..

But, but, but - how did I get infected.  I was wearing a mask!

Acp.jpeg.60024d710289993e2eb23777c5063dae.jpeg

Not just "hi-sos" but even "Higher-sos":-

However, on April 7, the country’s Transport Minister Saksiam Chidchob tested positive, sending a whole lot of lawmakers into quarantine.

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/covid-19-thailands-transport-minister-tests-positive-other-leaders-self-isolate.html

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The rules no matter where the elite think the rules don't apply to them it is just all talk! 

I'm glad I'm just a dirt bag low life average guy just trying to get by needing to work on my extension saving my money and going through the yearly hoops to do it?  I have no time to go out and spend time at these clubs even if I did I wouldn't be allowed in since I wear shorts 24/7.????

What's stopping you wearing longs ?

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

USA< USA USA>  always the best.

The Comirnaty vaccine was actually developed by German company Biontech. They merely partnered with Pfizer in American and Fosun in China for support with clinical trials, logistics, and manufacturing. Pfizer itself was found by two German immigrants.

Moderna was founded to commercialize the work of Canadian scientist Derrick Rossi who, in turn, based his work on the pioneering research of Hungarian scientist Katalin Karikó. It is led by Frenchman Stéphane Bancel.

To be fair, though, the US does deserve a lot of credit for the $12.4 billion project that helped speed the development of the Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Novavax vaccines. It also invested heavily in three monoclonal antibody treatments, including one by Regeneron, and in various companies providing the materials needed to produce the vaccines at massive scale. Operation Warp Speed was by no means the obvious bet, and was pushed through in the face of heavy resistance from the opposition and the media, but it turned out to be one of the most prescient government actions in American history.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

A shame that Thailand doesn’t have a middle class—just hi-so and the rest of the people.  Hey wait a minute, us expats could qualify as middle class, right?

We rate somewhere below soi dogs.

• Haha 1