How party fever in Bangkok’s decadent nightlife scene spawned Thailand’s 3rd wave

webfact

14 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Entertainment venues often can't follow Covid regulations. This is nothing new and so this development is no real surprise. It was perhaps a surprise that it took so long until problems started. 

Plus no surprise that lessons from recent Covid 19 outbreaks in Thailand and abroad weren't learned.

4 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Former MP and massage-parlour tycoon Chuvit Kamolvisit has dubbed Krystal Club “Club Thai Ku Fah” (Club Government House) for reportedly hosting certain high-powered politicians.

Like him or not, that is funny as <deleted> ! ????????????????????

I wonder how of often the old watch man, Khun Prawit gets down there to shake his stuff and flaunt his latest watch aquisition?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Former MP and massage-parlour tycoon Chuvit Kamolvisit has dubbed Krystal Club “Club Thai Ku Fah” (Club Government House) for reportedly hosting certain high-powered politicians.

And the Bangkok Post is reporting that Prayuth is already looking into suing anyone for saying that.

I don't know about a third wave, but was this not started when illegal workers from Burma were paying people to drive them across the border while certain people were turning their heads the other way, so spreading the Chinese virus which ended up in the seafood markets.

Then we had the unelected "PM" saying that he will investigate it, and we heard no more about it, and it turned out to be just another of his lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2021 at 9:42 AM, Thaiwrath said:

When you say politicians, I take it that you don't mean the soldiers. ????

It is not the "decadence" that drives the spread. It is many people together in indoor area, and/or super spreader events. Could be churches, could be temples. For plenty of examples look to USA... some even outdoors: water parks, motorcycle rallies, political rallies (at least one side...). Governors opening up states contrary to advice.

It's very hard for me to compute. Firstly there were the entertainment venues, then the markets now the nightlife.

Whatever goes on in these people's minds? Whatever is in their skulls? Wide open spaces?

Is the rest of the world outside Florida like this? If so then perhaps COVID-19 is the Red Queen?

Edited by ParkerN

The story has everything. A bit of glamour, a bit of sleaze, a whiff of corruption, and the chance for pecksniffs to feel morally superior to people of influence.

But, as is well-known, one of the earliest and biggest super-spreader events occurred at an Islamic religious event in Kuala Lumpur in Feb 2020, which essentially kicked off South-East Asia's pandemic. One of Thailand's earliest super-spreader events was a muay Thai event at Lumpini Stadium.

All you need is a crowded indoor venue, and you will see a virus spreading. It is irrelevant whether there are soap bubbles and whisky involved, or religious chanting.

I saw the "decadent nightlife" headline and eagerly scoured the item for lascivious details and somewhere to brighten my jaded life. 

Apparently one of numerous places mentioned employs "scantily clad females". In a properly regulated society this would be a high profile fake news case. 

1 hour ago, rott said:

I saw the "decadent nightlife" headline and eagerly scoured the item for lascivious details and somewhere to brighten my jaded life. 

Apparently one of numerous places mentioned employs "scantily clad females". In a properly regulated society this would be a high profile fake news case. 

The dictates of climate and fashion ensure that a great many ladies here are relatively scantily clad. Few hippogorillaphants wandering about dressed as if they have just returned from the North Pole. It is one of the nice things about living here.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Same problem every country is having young and rich think they are bullet proof.  Nothing will happen to them.

Is that lady outside Patpong still serving the french fries on the corner with her bare hands?

First of all the pubs mentioned as to alleged sources for the outbreak were not exactly what you would call decadent. Secondly patrons came to the pub covid positive so it did not start in the pub. Third not testing people because you could have to admit them? You could send them to quarantine if there symptoms are not bad and monitor them, sending them home un monitored is very reckless and perhaps deadly. lots of potential law suits