Covid tests in Thailand: Where to go and how much

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai media Thai Rath published a full list of places and prices where people could go to get Covid-19 tests.

They said that 3 million people had been tested in state and private hospitals and other facilities. 

A total of 29,685 have had positive tests so far - about 1% of those tested. 

There are 275 facilities nationwide.

Of these there are 106 in Bangkok and surrounding areas - 43 state hospitals and 63 private. 

There are 169 in the provinces - 133 state and 36 private.

Information can be garnered via the Department of Medical Science website at:

service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19 

and following the links.

Examples in Chiang Mai are:

San Sai Hospital

Maharat Nakhon Chiang Mai

Clinics at CMUni

Nakhon Ping

and others

Some people qualify for free testing if they satisfy certain conditions like coming from risky areas or having been in contact with infected people. 

Costs 

For RT-PCR tests.

State Hospital starts at 1,500 baht

Private hospitals start at 3,000 baht

Other tests can be cheaper but will need to be followed up with RT-PCR if the patient is positive. 

Some private hospitals are offering drive-thru facilities for testing. Some examples and prices are listed here:

1. Chularat 9 Airport - ask for prices there

2. Prince Suvarnabhumi 3,800 baht

3. Thonburi Bamrung Muang 2,500

4.Ramkhamhaeng 3,500

5. Chularat 3 3,000 

6. Thonburi 6,500

7. Bang Pho 3,000

8. SinPhaet Ram Intra - ask for prices there.

People can wait for the results at drive thru's but certification entails more exopnditure said the media.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-10

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Should be free ! That is a lot of money for some citizens.

But submarines are probably more important than the well being of your fellow people ? 

There is information on the ThaiRath page how to get free covid-19 tests. They even explain how to use the search functionality to find the one nearest to you. Read it please

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

so - let us see: a person on the minimum (and we all know that is effectively, certainly " up country" for very many the standard) wage is receiving around 2000 baht a week.

Not going to be many going for tests then.

Should keep the numbers manageable...

Don't post incorrect information only because you can't read the ThaiRath page. There is information there how to get free covid-19 tests. They even explain how to use the search functionality to find the one nearest to you. 

Read the linked page before you answer please.

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

What is incorrect about my post then? The estimate of peoples income? The expectation that they will be unable to spend that much money? 

It was opinions not information. Don't presume to tell me and others what we can and can't post!

45 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

so - let us see: a person on the minimum (and we all know that is effectively, certainly " up country" for very many the standard) wage is receiving around 2000 baht a week.

Not going to be many going for tests then.

Should keep the numbers manageable...

What was wrong was that you wrote that there were not going to be many tests then, motivating it with that a person on minimum wage is receiving around 2000 baht a week.

How much money they make is irrelevant and does not affect number of tests as they test for free

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Only if they deem you to be high risk. If another person in the same condo complex has covid and you want to get tested it won't be for free.

My mother in law got tested for free in Loei yesterday without having been to a risk area. This is Thaiand so it will vary between different places though

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The qualification for free tests you mention are so restricted that the vast majority seeking tests will be required to pay.

My mother in law got tested for free in Loei yesterday without having been to a risk area. This is Thaiand so it will vary between different places though

Edited by MikeyIdea

19 minutes ago, colinneil said:

So because your M.I.L. got it free, according to you everyone gets it free, dream on, you aint got a clue, just spouting off.

Thailand isn't black and white Colin. I didn't say everyone, nor do I think that everyone needs it. The point is that it's not as difficult as people coming from black is black and white is white countries think. It's quite easy upcountry, surely more difficult in Bangkok. We can't just read the rules and think That's the way is is in Thailand

Edited by MikeyIdea

26 minutes ago, WHansen said:

Back peddling there fella

Nope, it's just that it IS actually not difficult to get a test done for free upcountry. It should be according to the rules but it just isn't. I thought you guys here would be interested and not negative about it. How ignorant I was to think that most TV members would see anything positive in it. Now it's bad that people cn be tested for free because it doesn't follow the rules instead 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

State Hospital starts at 1,500 baht

On Wednesday it was reported that the cost of the rapid result test was only 600 baht.

I understand private hospitals marking it up but why are state hospitals doing that?

Edited by nahkit
spelling
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I understand private hospitals marking it up but why are state hospitals doing that?

Different tests, the OP was referring to RT-PCR test and the 600 baht was for rapid test which would be antigen test.

The OP did say rapid tests would be cheaper.

"Other tests can be cheaper but will need to be followed up with RT-PCR if the patient is positive."

• Thanks 1