Songkran exodus as millions head home - but Thai media point to threat of virus spread

webfact

58 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The masses will start to return probably next Sunday, which is a day I would not wish to be on the roads.  

For some reason Friday is not a holiday so you might get a lot travelling on Thursday afternoon and night so can go to work on Friday

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

For some reason Friday is not a holiday so you might get a lot travelling on Thursday afternoon and night so can go to work on Friday

Just a small percentage as a few of the folks I know are using a personal holiday for Friday and returning from the Udon Are to BKK on Sunday, leaving very early in the morning.  I just talked to a friend who decided at the last minute to drive up to the MIL's house with his wife, at her insistence.  He called me from his car around Pimai and said the roads were just horribly busy.  He left at 6 am from here in BKK, driving up Mitrapap 2 and he said no checkpoints, just lots of RTP waving them onward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Yes but who is to blame for this virus? The USA blames China but China blames the USA and Thailand and the UK. Will we ever find out? Will the culprit please stand up and compensate the world for all the pain you have caused. One thing is for sure WHO will never find out as it's too late, the secret is kept.

If you really want to know who is to blame for this virus and every other virus that has hit the human race you can only look at 1 person and that person is "Mother Nature" because it is her and only her that has given everything that is to do with anything in nature.

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

If you really want to know who is to blame for this virus and every other virus that has hit the human race you can only look at 1 person and that person is "Mother Nature" because it is her and only her that has given everything that is to do with anything in nature.

The latest "wave" will be contained within days of Songkran being finished.

• Sad 2

To avoid spreading the virus nationwide they could have issued a test negative to travel directive.

However that would have involved extensive freely available covid testing which they have avoided so far.

Not enough test kits full hospitals in Bkk refusing to test, only a tiny percentage vaccinated, unrestricted travel allowed, perhaps a cunning plan to cull the restless revolting peasants.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Saltire said:

It's sad to think that we were almost out of the woods when corruption, greed and selfish attitudes ensured the return of covid. Som Nam Na.

It was bound to happen, just a matter of time unfortunately.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well of course, but as the good PM General Prayut has said, if the virus spreads they will take care of it, well those aren't his exact words but I was trying to be diplomatic for once.

If I recall correctly before my dementia kicks in, he said something on the lines of we have it 110% under control, but that was a while back me thinks ?

33 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The latest "wave" will be contained within days of Songkran being finished.

What makes you think that, I'm looking for hope as I watch the numbers rise, doubling almost daily with more and more people I know being found infected including the latest, a student & 2 teachers at an International School

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If I recall correctly before my dementia kicks in, he said something on the lines of we have it 110% under control, but that was a while back me thinks ?

To be close, I think he said that just over a year ago in March. My memory isn't as good as it once was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

To be close, I think he said that just over a year ago in March. My memory isn't as good as it once was.

No it was only 3 weeks ago when he got vaccinated.................

"Covid-19 is under control and the country has enough vaccines for the early stage of inoculation. "So we will ease measures to let people live normal lives in the new-normal way,"

https://www.ethainews.com/pm-ministers-get-covid-19-shots

• Like 2

Actually an update as I just got an email from the school and spoke to one of the parents involved. Now 3 students at International school in Phuket positive, parents are not so much worried about the virus as having to leave the kids none of which have symptoms alone in hospital with no contact for at least 2 weeks, apart from nurses and doctors in PPE

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

No one has come clean and we really need them to do so. I know you think the CCP is behind this coverup and so so do I but the world needs proof and they need to know the whole story of what was behind this.

So if nobody says, "My fault," then we can't blame anyone??

There has been genocides where people have said, "I didn't do it..." and millions of people in prison who said, "it wasn't me."  So are they innocent????

50 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No it was only 3 weeks ago when he got vaccinated.................

"Covid-19 is under control and the country has enough vaccines for the early stage of inoculation. "So we will ease measures to let people live normal lives in the new-normal way,"

https://www.ethainews.com/pm-ministers-get-covid-19-shots

Not quite, the first time was in January of 2020, January 27th to be exact.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-pm-assures-coronavirus-situation-is-100-under-control/

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

How dumb can you get? Get ready for many deaths !

po-puh-lations of in-duh-vi-duh-als aren't exactly known for being clever... just look at France, UK...

they should have put in a gun-enforced inter-province lockdown as they did before, because this is a much more serious situation, but of course it all depends on how much more "the people" can swallow.

5 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Yes but who is to blame for this virus? The USA blames China but China blames the USA and Thailand and the UK. Will we ever find out? Will the culprit please stand up and compensate the world for all the pain you have caused. One thing is for sure WHO will never find out as it's too late, the secret is kept.

why do you expect that we will ever find out the exact cause for this virus?

do you know the exact mutation source for other viruses affecting humans?

On the poobahs getting vaccinated and the rest of us waiting with our thumbs in our mouths....quoting from the Romans 2000 years ago, "Quod licet Jovi, non licet bovi."  What is permitted for Jove is not permitted for the cows.