Murder of two 17 year olds in Thanyaburi: Shooters made a mistake and are sorry about that

webfact

7pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on the latest developments after two 17 year olds were shot dead outside a 7-Eleven in Thanyaburi, Pathum Thani north of Bangkok on Tuesday night.

Ice and Golf were dead at the scene while a man called Nonkrit, 24, was seriously wounded. It happened near the Sinsap housing estate.

It was a case of mistaken identity.

Nop, 25, and Ton, 22, have been charged with premeditated murder and weapons offences. A 25 year old called Em also surrendered to Thanyaburi police as he was there too.

Yesterday Nop and Ton were taken on a reenactment. 

7pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Police decided it was too dangerous to take them to the 7-Eleven because relatives and friends of the victims had gathered and might attack the suspects. 

So the reenactment was done in the Thanyaburi police station car park instead.

Nop apologized to the parents of his victims explaining how he got it wrong and didn't mean to kill them. He thought Zack was with them.

He said that if the parents wanted him to apologize to the corpses then it was better if they brought pictures of their children to the police station so he could do it there. 

Thaivisa notes that a ceremony whereby an apprehended murderer apologizes to a dead body is part of Thai culture. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Nop apologized to the parents of his victims explaining how he got it wrong and didn't mean to kill them.

No.  He meant to kill other kids.  Premeditated hits.  <head shake>  So if he would have killed the right kids, then no apologies? What do these morons think is going to happen.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Well, he wants to say "sorry" thats ok then, off ya go and dont play with guns again theres a good boy !

Ha..yeah right.  25 to life and make it hard labor if possible and send a clear message what such behavior will bring.

They'll probably be back out on the streets before they're 40.

9 minutes ago, rwill said:

Perhaps they shot who they intended to but are saying it was a mistake because they think it will lessen their punishment.

It will ! Its well known if they admit the deed the sentence is cut in half !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

free on bail..... they don't have insulted anyone... Or no bail.. they are from poor families.. oh they made a mistake .. no problem pay 500 THB and a wai and go home... all problems solved very easy in this country. In the meantime, parents have lost their kids, but who cares about that..

Rip to the families

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not so quick please.

Indonesian drug dealers/smugglers get a 72 hour notice of their execution schedule.

Whilst not being in favour of the death sentence in general, I have a few exceptions that I will not propound here.

Interesting to read how long some people serve in Death Row in the States. I consider it to be a long and painful period, not knowing when you will be out to death. The

Carey Dean Moore spent 38 years on death row by the time of his execution in 2018.

Brandon Jones was executed in Georgia on February 3, 2016, just short of his 73rd birthday. He was the oldest person executed in Georgia in the state’s history. When he was executed, he was believed to have served the longest time between conviction and execution of any condemned prisoner in U.S. history. Jones was originally convicted and sentenced to death in October 1979, meaning he served about 36 years and four months between first being sentenced to death and execution.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-row/death-row-time-on-death-row/examples-of-prisoners-with-extraordinarily-long-stays-on-death-row

If convicted of the murder of these people and the firearms offences, perhaps a few years on death row, if Thailand has one, would be a long and enduringly painful punishment for these people who say sorry for mistaken identity.

or just jailed for life, full life tarriff.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

a ceremony whereby an apprehended murderer apologizes to a dead body is part of Thai culture. 

Yes indeed, and be haunted by ghosts for the rest of their lives!

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.

I am always astonished how suspects always seem willing to cooperate and re-enact the crime to police and the press in Thailand.

Were it me, I would never cooperate with investigators seeking to build a case against me.  (Not that I've ever committed any felonies!)

18 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Dumb and Dumber are around every corner in this country so mind how you go because your life is not very valuable here !

chilli 42 said ,I have been struck by the number of shooting deaths each day in Thailand.

(sorry if this is off topic but), Absolutely true, been meaning to get this of my chest; weeks ago one evening, I hear small explosions, then what sounds like gun shots, followed by loud shouting, more gun? shots, coming from a house about 200mts away, I want to call police, missus calls the neighbor closest to them, he says '' don't call the cops, they're on Yabba'' nuf said, not going to risk my life when they find out I called the cops.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 2

Either way they have seriously screwed up their karma by killing someone intentionally.

Do Thai's believe that apologizing to the relatives lightens the karmic debt?

[I remember seeing on TV one of those apologies for a murder get rejected when the mother kicked the killer's bowed head with her foot - brutal in Thai culture, as it's the ultimate insult.]