Clearing out Thai Bank account from America by ATM...

Just to add more on this ATM use and my findings that were accurate  last week.The amount you can take out can be varied in your mobile CIMB app.  The transfer rate amount can also depend on the machine. In most of the UK banks it is £500 per withdrawal and at store based machines like Tesco it is £250.   Look out for some machines that charge a fee . Most do not but check first at the ATM. Can be limited transactions in a day usually £2000 (4x500).. this seems limited by UK system as I have seen more out in other countries .. for example Malaysia.

Yes it is baht 100 per transaction and at the standard visa transfer rate I obtained 42.3 to the GBP last week.

If you have a Bangkok Bank MasterCard you can withdraw in most UK Bank Machines 2 X £500 per day  100 baht per transaction But a hefty rate of exchange last week of baht 44.1 same day as CIMB I have often found this difference . Again 100 baht per transaction. Currently I am in the UK waiting for my second jab and some changes before returning and often need some cash from my Thai account per month and find this the most convenient way rather than trying to contact the bank and asking to transfer these small amount.. less hassle !. Hope that adds a bit more info for Brits using this idea too and thanks CIMB !!!!

7 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Many (most?) ATMs in my (backward) country still expect a 4-digit PIN. Which makes my 6 digit PIN difficult to use.......

Yes, I was concerned about the 6 digit pin, too.  That is why I spefically mentioned the BMO Harris ATM at ORD, and the fact that it never swallow or grabs onto the card.. it is more like the gas pump payment systems. 

15 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Interesting info. Someone 'might' need it. Good luck back there. Stay healthy and I hope you don't get clobbered by any riots.

My county is point3% African, and went 88% Trump.. Need I say more?  Cuban cigar, Choice steak, and fresh blueberries... for breakfast, today.. But thanks for your concern, I am sure the Thais would never use violence against a foreigner. 

Edited by moontang