Chon Buri records 141 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday

webfact

AD4A2A58-AAB6-43AC-B7EE-29E1632D3924.jpg

Thailand’s eastern coastal province of Chon Buri reported 141 new COVID-19 cases today (Saturday), most of them linked to entertainment outlets, according to the latest statement from the provincial health office.

The new cases have raised cumulative infections in this province, since the beginning of April, to 264.

The new infections include 54 linked to Flint Stone pub, which has, since April 6th, contributed to 90 infections. 4 cases are linked to the Class 99 pub, 3 to the Sor Nor 3 Napa, 4 from those who visited entertainment outlets in Bangkok, 4 cases from Rayong and 6 cases, the source of which is still unclear.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chon-buri-records-141-new-covid-19-cases-on-saturday/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-04-10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Aomelia said:

And the westerners still walk around mall without mask 

I would not worry too much. It is just the number they reported. 

But you are right. I see very many Farangs here without masks. But if so what will happen to them - nothing. In the worst case they will get Covid. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I would not worry too much. It is just the number they reported. 

But you are right. I see very many Farangs here without masks. But if so what will happen to them - nothing. In the worst case they will get Covid. 

Darwinism in play.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

That's a very high number. Guaranteed it's low due to lack of mass testing. 

A lot of those numbers are community transmission.  That means, this will be an outbreak, not a cluster.  

I would not be surprised to see another full lock down in the near future.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

10 years at Thailand's current rate.  

We need another military coup to distract everyone from this statistic.  ????

Edited by Leaver

11 hours ago, smedly said:

never seen anyone in a mall not wearing a mask

outside in the open I have which I don't have a problem with

Oh I certainly have, or more exactly a mask pulled down around the chin. 

Covid positive people entered these places. With out being tested and quarantined covid positive positive people will continue to go places, shutting down entertainment venues putting people out of work will not stop the spread, it is simply something to point a finger to in order to make people feel calm that it has been identified and being handled

12 hours ago, Aomelia said:

Well I go everyday walk into Starbucks for example 

I don't expect people drinking coffee to be wearing masks, as I don't in Black Canyon. Hopefully they space out the seating well. 

5 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Covid positive people entered these places. With out being tested and quarantined covid positive positive people will continue to go places, shutting down entertainment venues putting people out of work will not stop the spread, it is simply something to point a finger to in order to make people feel calm that it has been identified and being handled

I am more pessimistic.... allowing people to gather in substantial numbers causes the pandemic to spread. Shutting down venues will slow it down substantially. Being out of work is being selected over getting infected or dying. I am more inclined to focus on closing down large crowds, sporting meetings, large nightclubs and discos and similar. The numbers that result from these types of things seem to be the main items in Thai news. It is exactly how it all went out of control is Spain and Italy. 

On 4/10/2021 at 2:50 PM, Aomelia said:

And the westerners still walk around mall without mask 

Come to my village.

Few masks, but plenty of coughing and spluttering.

And nobody even heard of testing.

Makes me seriously think about not wanting to be here.