She doesn't want to rent it out to black men

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I think the OP is being provocative with the post. 

Here's a situation that my Thai wife had when we rented our Bangkok condo out on TripAdvisor (FlipKey) in the early 2010s before AirBnB became a thing. After a year or so of rentals - typically 5 days to 2 weeks duration - she implemented an unwritten rental policy for vetting before allowing a booking. We had previously rented to people from all over the world including; Indonesians, Americans, Malaysians, Australians, British, Singaporeans, Continental Europeans, Hong Kongers, Guyanans and even Thais. We'd hosted singles, couples, families straights, and gays as far as we know. It was out of all these groups that the Thai wife was adamant of: NO THAIS and NO SINGLE MALES! Those were the only people we ever had a problem with. All others were lovely. Why no Thais? Invariably it was for a Farang/Thai couple coming back to vist family and almost always, her whole family - on one occasion 8 people - would arrive from upcountry for a stay in our condo suitable for 4 persons. Single males? Well that was due to them bringing back ladies everynight and partying - on one occasion the girls left in the early morning stealing the guest's laptops, phones, wallets, passports etc. That caused an issue for us. Stopped renting out some years ago now due to the hassles.

Out of curiosity: How do you check the status of these people? If a guy rents it and he tells you he rents it together with his wife do you check that? And is it illegal if he would lie?

I read in other news that people rent villas and tell they have a big family reunion. And then in reality they have a wild party. Is that a crime?

Just for the record: I don't intend to rent anything.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yes the very obvious interpretation is to take it at face value that he found his wife's question absurd and thought it would be funny to share the absurdity on TVF... your interpretation requires a much greater level of assumption.

Not buying it for a millisecond.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A dog whistle to the racists !!!! 

... If someone is paying then why not ?

When renting out a condo get a reference from a previous landlord and follow up with a call. There’s no reason not to rent out to anyone with a decent reference. 

dog whistle? lol - you would have to be dumb blind deaf and stupid not to think it's racist...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

More like their ability to pay and keep it clean. I rather have a black muslim then a white guy who trashes the place. Does not really matter much who rents my stuff. But need someone trustworthy for both paying and not trashing the place.

Seen plenty of white guys trash places and plenty of people on here like to stick it to the landlord over the smallest complaints. So maybe rather not have one of those idiots who think that every small problem needs to end with them sticking it to the landlord.

So its not about religion or country of origin you got bad apples everywhere. The pics you sometimes see of how trashed stuff gets puts me off from renting out my house. I might get 7000-8000 but just not worth the stress. 

a lot of these generalizing racist sentiments written on here come mainly from one country..

• Sad 3

23 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Very, very disappointed in you Pravda.

Raising this question implies racial discrimination may sometimes be warranted.

You might want to reflect on the possibility that someday in the not so distant future people may start asking themselves the same question about white people. Think about it. Many white people don't seem to like anybody who doesn't look like them, be they be Chinese, Black, Hispanic, Indian, Arab, African, etc., etc. Who wants to be around people like that? Trust me, many people are starting to ask themselves questions like this.

Perhaps being on the receiving end of housing, job, social discrimination is the only way some people will learn how hurtful and painful it can be.

these intelligence gaps are present among many white people, could be a genetic flaw. White people have been the minority forever with  history  documenting they only have succeeded by robbery and genocide. Payback will be a b**** lol 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

More like their ability to pay and keep it clean. I rather have a black muslim then a white guy who trashes the place. Does not really matter much who rents my stuff. But need someone trustworthy for both paying and not trashing the place.

Seen plenty of white guys trash places and plenty of people on here like to stick it to the landlord over the smallest complaints. So maybe rather not have one of those idiots who think that every small problem needs to end with them sticking it to the landlord.

So its not about religion or country of origin you got bad apples everywhere. The pics you sometimes see of how trashed stuff gets puts me off from renting out my house. I might get 7000-8000 but just not worth the stress. 

a lot of these generalizing racist sentiments written on here come mainly from one country..

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Native American indians were pretty bad also long before the white people came. They were killing and raping too.

this is a ridiculous blanket statement......then might as well say white people came and killed and raped.  and then just say everyone killed and raped.

tons and tons and tons of peaceful native american indians.....do some research.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1