COVID surge in Chiang Mai prompts expansion of field hospital and appeal for donations of consumables

Jonathan Fairfield

8E495ED0-CDFB-446D-B974-DA3D4A6E34D0.jpeg

Thailand’s northern province of Chiang Mai is running short of ambulances, to bring those with COVID-19 to the field hospital,which was recently set up at the international trade exhibition centre, as the number of new infections surges.

According to the provincial health office, 186 new cases were recorded today (Saturday), raising the total to 450 in just 48 hours. The field hospital can currently only accommodate 240 patients, split between male and female.

Workers are racing against time to increase the number of beds to 500, and then 1,000, if there are more infections.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-surge-in-chiang-mai-prompts-expansion-of-field-hospital-and-appeal-for-donations-of-consumables/

Logo-top-.png

Richard Barrow just tweeted 281 in Chiang Mai today.  The Real Covid 19 surge might be7 to 10 days after Songkran.  Yesterday I canceled my flight to BKK in early May.  Thai Smile just replied that my request for a refund has been rejected???  I put the reason for refund request was Covid 19.  Oh well TIT.  I expect bigger and bigger numbers in the days ahead.  To all, Stay Safe.  

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

to the field hospital, which was recently set up

From the photo, how awful having to live in such quarantine conditions, especially at night whilst trying to sleep with all the snoring, farting, grunts and coughs!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Looking at that photo in OP... if you weren't infected at the time you went in, you surely would be by the time you leave...

Thats why they kept finding so many every day in the ' Workers Quarantines " in Samut Sakhon 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Richard Barrow just tweeted 281 in Chiang Mai today.  The Real Covid 19 surge might be7 to 10 days after Songkran.  Yesterday I canceled my flight to BKK in early May.  Thai Smile just replied that my request for a refund has been rejected???  I put the reason for refund request was Covid 19.  Oh well TIT.  I expect bigger and bigger numbers in the days ahead.  To all, Stay Safe.  

Good luck with getting any money back from Thai Smile. I had a flight booked with them just before New Year. They cancelled the flight and I am still trying to get my money back. A bunch of crooks.

Edited by Throatwobbler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

From the photo, how awful having to live in such quarantine conditions, especially at night whilst trying to sleep with all the snoring, farting, grunts and coughs!! 

Not to mention them being Death Camps with everyone so close together !

• Like 2

COVID surge in Chiang Mai prompts expansion of field hospital and appeal for donations of consumables 

Didn't the Guvment have Everything under Control for the Covid Outbreak?  

Just shows they talk So much cr@p that they believe themself. 

Why in the name of Satan they want Donations ? That's the Guvment s job to supply ,they said they got it under control , Right

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

According to the provincial health office, 186 new cases were recorded today (Saturday), raising the total to 450 in just 48 hours.

I'm thinking they'll need a whole lot more beds.  Wifey want's to go to Chiang Mai tomorrow.  Think I'll talk her out of that idea.  It's a good time just to hunker down.

• Like 2