EGAT offers EV free charging throughout April

dc7479e1a77ae7243a7fd377a1f85a6d_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - For Songkran festival this year, the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) is bringing happiness to Electric Vehicle (EV) users by offering them free charging at all EleX by EGAT stations at PT gas stations throughout April, to accommodate the travels of people all over the country.

EV drivers can download the EleXA application to help locate charging stations, make a reservation and payments more conveniently. The PT service stations that provide charging facilities are at Pak Chong branch, Nakhon Ratchasima, Phayuha Khiri branch, Nakhon Sawan, Khao Yoi Branch, Phetchaburi, Ban Tai Branch, Kanchanaburi, Bang Phra Branch, Chonburi, as well as EleX by EGAT stations at dams, power plants and eight EGAT learning centers, which have been providing free charging since April 1st.

The EGAT aims to establish 48 EV charging stations on routes every 200-250 kilometers by later this year and will increase the number of EV charging stations to 90 in 2022 by selecting areas that need to meet the demand of car users as much as possible, to build confidence in choosing electric vehicles and enhancing convenience of travel in an EV.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never even seen a charger here,mind you i was back in the Uk pre covid ,parked in a multi story just by 3 chargers,asked the security guy do they get a lot of use,he said " never ever seen anyone charging a car in the years they have been here"

Anyway would never buy an electric car ,until they charge in 5 mins and you can buy a battery at the same cost as a petrol car

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2021 at 9:05 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

90 charging stations in 2022!!

We are not quite there yet.

EGAT is not the only operator of EV charging stations. All MG dealers have an EV charger. My local Mitsubishi dealer has one with plans to roll them out to all dealers.

EA Anywhere has probably the biggest number at over 1,600 chargers https://www.eaanywhere.com/maps

And how long until they are anywhere other than BKK area ?

And where will the power come from ?

Coal burning plant in Lampang for those who live in the CNX area ?

90 stations in 2022 - to cover the whole country ?

Laughable if it was not so pathetic

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

And how long until they are anywhere other than BKK area ?

90 stations in 2022 - to cover the whole country ?

Laughable if it was not so pathetic

I just found this (https://www.eaanywhere.com/maps)  but I wonder how much per kwh. Electric is relative cheap in Thailand compared to say the UK but so is diesel and gasoline.

Thailand need much more renewalable generation but is planning mainly large coal and gas.  Some interesting comments ... WIKI 'Energy in Thailand' if you care to look it up. 

21 hours ago, canthai55 said:

I agree the grid in Thailand needs cleaning up. Maybe we should be grateful that Thailand imports so much hydro electric from China ????

I produce more electricity than I can use at home from my 11.2kw solar PV so charging at home is the way to go for most trips 

• Like 1