Installing a bum gun in Canada's or any Western Country

I bought a "bum gun" during the Covid toilet paper wars...   I thought it could do the job when we ran out of toilet paper.

I bought one from the local plumbing supply shop for AUD$60.

Easy to fit. 

At the bottom of the wall behind our toilet cistern are two small taps.

One has the pipe connected to it that fills the cistern with water (and hopefully that's a flexible one).

The other is a spare.  You just attach the supplied washers and (bum gun) flexible hose to it.

Alternatively, if you don't have this second tap...  then turn off your water mains and screw a T-Junction (with 2 outlets on it)  fitting onto your only tap. Hopefully the pipe going to your cistern you just removed is the flexible type as it can be attached back to the T-Junction fitting, if not and it's a rigid small metal pipe you'll need a plumber.

However if the second tap is fitted, installation is a piece of cake.

The bum gun hose is attached to the 2nd outlet.

The accompanying bum gun-holder can be screwed to the wall at a height of your convenience. 

19 hours ago, sirineou said:

splurge and use a little heat in your houses and  the water in your toilet ball would not be so cold. LOL

by the way if your toilet bowl sweats, it most likely means that you have a slow leak at the seal of your toilet bowl tank and water trickles continuedly into your toilet  bowl, Unless you flush the toilet very often, the water in your bowl should also be room temperature.   

heating changes nothing. I had about 24-25 degrees indoors, but Swiss houses have strong insulation, and the pipes run near the external wall.

it's condensation with droplets appearing all around the tank. not a leak.

A friend in a northern US state searched online for a laboratory supply company.  They had all sorts of inline water heaters that get the water temp up quickly.  Works very well with his sprayer during cold water months.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 3:18 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I remember a thread where a guy installed an electric water heater (aka shower unit) behind the toilet, sounds like a good idea if water very cold

Warm water toilets are also good in high humidity where a cold toilet will sweat and can ruin your bathroom floor.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:47 AM, tgw said:

heating changes nothing. I had about 24-25 degrees indoors, but Swiss houses have strong insulation, and the pipes run near the external wall.

it's condensation with droplets appearing all around the tank. not a leak.

Other than that I like their meat balls , and that their are located someplace in Europe I know very little about  about the Swedes and their sweaty bowls. LOL I thought the Op was asking about Canada, do they have sweaty bowls there too? ????

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Other than that I like their meat balls , and that their are located someplace in Europe I know very little about  about the Swedes and their sweaty bowls. LOL I thought the Op was asking about Canada, do they have sweaty bowls there too? ????

Or ,Any???? western country,!

17 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Or ,Any???? western country,!

As I said. I have them in both of my FL homes and my Upstate  NY home where it gets very cold, and I never had a problem with them in either places. We have not purchased TP in years and only have a  couple of roles for guests that are not comfortable with them. 

They are very inexpensive to buy and easy to install, So give them a Try, what is the worst that can happen? You are out of $30? Worst come to worst don't use them during the cold months. 

And I said all I am going to say on that subject. Personally I could not care less if none of you ever used one. LOL

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

As I said. I have them in both of my FL homes and my Upstate  NY home where it gets very cold, and I never had a problem with them in either places. We have not purchased TP in years and only have a  couple of roles for guests that are not comfortable with them. 

They are very inexpensive to buy and easy to install, So give them a Try, what is the worst that can happen? You are out of $30? Worst come to worst don't use them during the cold months. 

And I said all I am going to say on that subject. Personally I could not care less if none of you ever used one. LOL

You sound Canadian????

• 2 weeks later...