BANGKOK
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

I been told by a visa shop that they will put 800,000bt in the bank for me and they would get me a retirement visa for 25000bt is this OK to do or is it some con thanks any help would be great 

I been told by a visa shop that they will put 800,000bt in the bank for me and they would get me a retirement visa for 25000bt is this OK to do or is it some con thanks any help would be great 

This is Citz thread, to marriage or retirement visa Krub

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I had the MOI interview 3 months ago and I'm waiting to be called for the oath of allegiance. I placed a call to my lawyer yesterday to inquire about the status. She seems to think that nothing will progress until there is a new official head of state. Can any of the more informed members of the forum clarify this? Does it mean that all applicants at the oath stage or beyond are now in a state of limbo? I hope this post doesn't break any rules as it wasn't intended to.

36 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

I had the MOI interview 3 months ago and I'm waiting to be called for the oath of allegiance.

Here's my timeline. Hope it helps. I belong to the 28 January 2016 approval batch. 

After the MOI-interview in November 2013 it took 1 year and 5 months for MOI approval. After that it took 2 months for approval by H.M. The King. After that it took 3 months before I was invited to do the Oath of Allegiance at SB. Almost 4 months later the announcement appeared in the Royal Gazette.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Obviously at the moment we're in the realm of extraordinary events within most people's lifetimes in Thailand. I just wanted to find out if my lawyer's statement was correct that nothing will now progress until after the coronation. It doesn't really make much difference just more waiting and I guess patience is a virtue.

10 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

Thanks for the reply. Obviously at the moment we're in the realm of extraordinary events within most people's lifetimes in Thailand. I just wanted to find out if my lawyer's statement was correct that nothing will now progress until after the coronation. It doesn't really make much difference just more waiting and I guess patience is a virtue.

It will not have to wait until the coronation. Only until the prince ascends to the throne which is expect to happen soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Guns said:

I don't know about that. 

I just got called in for my big interview on the 28th of this month. I only applied about 8 months. Fast and simple. I was told after the interview, I will know in about 5 months. 

Does anyone have any tips for the interview. 

23 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I don't know about that. 

I just got called in for my big interview on the 28th of this month. I only applied about 8 months. Fast and simple. I was told after the interview, I will know in about 5 months. 

That is extremely quick. Sorry no tips, but wish you all the best.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I don't know about that. 

Look smart and wear your best suit, shirt and tie. Be prepared for questions from a large panel in a u shaped seating arrangement with yourself at one end. Be prepared for a long wait as applicants with Thai wives were last to be interviewed at the session I attended. Be very polite.

1 hour ago, Big Guns said:

Look smart and wear your best suit, shirt and tie. Be prepared for questions from a large panel in a u shaped seating arrangement with yourself at one end. Be prepared for a long wait as applicants with Thai wives were last to be interviewed at the session I attended. Be very polite.

What kind of questions do they ask? ??

Surprisingly, a lot of candidates looked rather scruffy at the interviews I went to. Very few had jackets or ties and one was in jeans. A Taiwanese guy and myself were the only ones in suits.  Some of the Thai wives were also not very 'politely' dressed. That makes it easy to stand out from the crowd by being smartly dressed in a business suit.  It is not much effort and makes a good impression in what we know to be very much a form over substance society where it is considered disrespectful to be sloppily dressed in front of 'puu yai'.

Yep - my experience too

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I'm submitting the documents as soon as I can to the Special Branch in the provinces.

I have the 3 years tax requirements and Work Permit.

My question is this - what happens if I quit my job while waiting for the decision?

Is there any requirement that one must remain in the same job for the entire process?