BANGKOK
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

Thanks SBK :o as always! In this case, could JanJane's husband backdate his tax payments for the three years, or would she have to wait all of that time again? Seems like a long time to have to wait if there's no way around it...

just looked at the flier which was given to me at the national police HQ. There is no need to show three years worth of tax returns. For a foreign woman married to a Thai man, simply the previous years one is sufficient.

I wonder if you can state the 15,000 a month for one year and then go back to a lower amount the next?

My husband hates paying his personal income tax as he also pays the bungalow tax to the Or Bor Dor (or bor wha dor is what he calls it :o) and then some ridiculous sign tax for the Or Bor Dor as well, I believe.

On second thought, the business is registered in his name, could he count the tax he pays on the business as well? Or does it have to be personal income tax?

to all those questions, I am not sure. But, it states pretty clearly that you have to have both the Por Ngor Dor 90 and 91 submitted for the application, which are tax return documents for natural persons.

Looking at my handy sheet again, they did give a contact number you can all 02-205 2132 which is the naturalisation section of the national police HQ. Also worth trying 02 252 5961

Sounds pretty interesting, they seem to have made it a lot easier, although I still believe there will be the long waiting period for processing... Might be the right time to take the bull by the horns. Let us know how it goes if you proceed Samran :o

Ha! You don't know my husband. He has an absolute phobia of talking to Thai officialdom on the phone. :o

Trust me he's not the only one!!

When I just handed mine the number he had this kind of worried look on his face - ooooh the pressure. He's usually the one who wants to get everything done and dusted, but until he's got all of the facts he's like a duck out of water :o

Edited by naomisri

Sounds pretty interesting, they seem to have made it a lot easier, although I still believe there will be the long waiting period for processing... Might be the right time to take the bull by the horns. Let us know how it goes if you proceed Samran :o

for us the right time is pretty soon. I just have to get the documentation sorted.

Amongst other things, I need to get my wife onto a Yellow Tabieen Baan in the Ampur which I'm registered. We also have to get the Ampur to verify we are married, given that our marriage certificate is from Australia (either via a Dor Roh 2, 4 or 22, or just all of them!!). Given that I had to get my ID card there, it could potentially be a PITA to get these, but get them we will.

The rest of it I have, or know how to get easilty - ie miltary exemption (have..legally!!), tax returns, 4 witnesses to vouch for the marriage, daughters BC (important - you have to be married 3 years if no kids, 1 year if you have kids), lots of photos and the 5 baht applicaton fee (seriously).

Wow, I thought it used to be that you had to be married for 5 yrs, kids or no kids. We have a daughter and I have 4 yrs of extensions on my Non "O" so I thought I wasn't quite there, but seems I could apply tomorrow. Now, it's another story getting the Surat police to be ready :o

I'm confused about the Tabien Baan. I was first told I could go into my husband's blue one, then told I couldn't, but I didn't realize that I could get a yellow one - thought I had to own my own property to do so, which I don't. Is it possible just to be registered on someone else's? How would that look with partners registered on different TBs? So many questions!

Yellow Tabien ban thread here Naomisri.

And I had to laugh after reading your post, my husband had the same worried look!

Military exemption is no problem, hubby needed that for his green card when we first got married. I still have it.

4 witnesses to vouch for the marriage! Do we still need that (married 18 years last August) or would we be considered valid by this point?

• Like 1

Yellow Tabien ban thread here Naomisri.

And I had to laugh after reading your post, my husband had the same worried look!

Military exemption is no problem, hubby needed that for his green card when we first got married. I still have it.

4 witnesses to vouch for the marriage! Do we still need that (married 18 years last August) or would we be considered valid by this point?

consider using the witness list as a chance to show your connections. For isntance, a head honcho down your way may look preferable to say a your father in law (unless they are one in the same).

So, the Kamnan, the Nai Yok Tessamontri, the puyai ban and the Nai Yok Or Bor Dor might be good witnesses? (All hubby's relatives or friends :o)

So, the Kamnan, the Nai Yok Tessamontri, the puyai ban and the Nai Yok Or Bor Dor might be good witnesses? (All hubby's relatives or friends :o)

or a Minister if you happen to know one of them :D

No such luck, just local island people. Although hubby's dad's cousin used to be the head of Immigration for Nakhon.... :o

thanks for the updates Samran, as always you are a fount of information!