Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

On 2/1/2019 at 11:11 AM, samran said:

Thai ability helps towards the points count but isn’t compulsory (eg singing ) if applying with a Thai spouse.

As such, if your points are coming from other categories (income, education etc) then having he help will probably be less of an issue. 

Thanks for the reply! So theoretically, if the MOI ask you to sing the songs, you can refuse. 

1 minute ago, Rugon said:

Thanks for the reply! So theoretically, if the MOI ask you to sing the songs, you can refuse. 

I would just tell them you haven't practiced. In fact the MOI should not be asking people to sing who are applying based on marriage. I had enough points without singing to the SB officers, and they will not pass your application along to the MOI unless you have enough points. So there really is no reason for MOI to request you to sing. 

• Thanks 1

congrats

i have a question if you please answer...

one of my friends told me you also need to show some kind of donation you are doing.. to a temple or school.. something like that...

you didnt mention about this... did they ask you to show any paper that shows you are helping thai people or doing donations regulary?

thanks

3 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

congrats

one of my friends told me you also need to show some kind of donation you are doing.. to a temple or school.. something like that...

you didnt mention about this... did they ask you to show any paper that shows you are helping thai people or doing donations regulary?

thanks

I had to provide evidence of donations to SB. I was also told that the donations need to be made well before applying. That is, they do not accept evidence of donations that appear to have been made purely for the purpose of citizenship, i.e. donations made 2 weeks or even 2 months before applying. 

10 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

congrats

thanks

i definitely needed a receipt from a legitimate charity when submitting my application. I think the minimum is 5000 baht 

7 hours ago, problemfarang said:

congrats

thanks

Yes, this is a must. Any charitable organization should do, or temple.

It's only 5000 baht although I put in a bit more to make it look better and it was a good cause.

Many places might get the date wrong ????

• Like 2

Just give charity to Red Cross, its under HM Queen Receipts are give you right away, and you need to give breaking amount for 5000THB before you apply for Nationality.
you can start 5 months to 8 months before 1000THB per month and keep the receipt.

Good luck to all of us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, david143 said:

Just give charity to Red Cross, its under HM Queen Receipts are give you right away, and you need to give breaking amount for 5000THB before you apply for Nationality.
you can start 5 months to 8 months before 1000THB per month and keep the receipt.

Good luck to all of us.

Yes, they told me something similar. The 5 year period that is written down somewhere doesn't matter, a few continual statements would suffice. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

Those receipts go into your application package, but I have never heard of the interviewers ever asking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I was also advised that a letter from the charity that I donated to was a good idea. Something like Mr.X has been a regular donater for x years. 

• Like 1

Has anyone heard about any upcoming MoI interviews. I'm planning on being out the country for a month in April. I'm guessing they won't be having one either side of Songkran.

If you miss the interview, do you back to the start of the queue?

as i heard they call 14 to 15 days before, not sure in your case, because they normally call Thai wife Mobile Number.
and not sure if you miss your interview it will back to que,

suggestion try not to miss the interview,

lets see other members reply.

42 minutes ago, david143 said:

as i heard they call 14 to 15 days before, not sure in your case, because they normally call Thai wife Mobile Number.
and not sure if you miss your interview it will back to que,

suggestion try not to miss the interview,

lets see other members reply.

I read on this tread somewhere that it could be 3/4 days notice. 

2 weeks would be enough for most to travel back from wherever they are abroad.

By chance, is there anyone in this forum who has taken the oath ceremony within the last three months? If so, when was your MOI interview? I'm going on 8  months since passing the MOI interview and still no oath ceremony. I was told that the "three batches" ahead of me started taking their oaths on 25 Dec. 2018.

1 hour ago, david143 said:

1 question i have to , 
interview goes every month once a week or randomly after 2 or 3 months, 

and is there any website from bora or dopa / MOI to check waiting applicant lists.

Some reported the meeting frequency was once a month recently, with sometimes a month being skipped. What I know is that some applicants have confirmed their attending in September 2018, November 2018 and January 2019... So I hope there'll be another MOI interview this month (perhaps even this Friday?) if anyone can confirm being called soon it will be nice for others.

I don't think there's such list because applicants are said to get a direct phone call 2-3 days before.

• Like 1

Ok.. a quick question please;

i heard 2 things please confirm if true or not:

1) you dont need to have PR for applying thai citizenship if your married 5 years. (im married for 6 years but no PR. I have all taxes from my work, etc.)

2) you dont need to sing 2 songs if you are married with a thai. ( i have fobia about this. I cant sing a song. simple as that. I know funny for some ppl but its a fobia! )

3) I should apply from my wife's home book BUT i can apply where ever i am at the moment.

If anyone can confirm these 3 things... i will apply tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for the answers.

Edited by problemfarang

8 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

1) you dont need to have PR for applying thai citizenship if your married 5 years. (im married for 6 years but no PR. I have all taxes from my work, etc.)

2) you dont need to sing 2 songs if you are married with a thai. ( i have fobia about this. I cant sing a song. simple as that. I know funny for some ppl but its a fobia! )

3) I should apply from my wife's home book BUT i can apply where ever i am at the moment.

If anyone can confirm these 2 things... i will apply tomorrow.

1) Correct

2) Correct

3) You need your own yellow house registration book. 

11 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

3 years of marriage without children 

As long as you have the 50 points you dont need to sing

You apply based on your yellow book not your wifes but someone should reconfirm this

If anyone can confirm these 2 things... i will apply tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

You go to the same place your wife has hers and ask for the requirements because they are not all the same. You will be ahead of the game to get a bkk yellow book 

thanks. I found out all i need is her ID, my passport, marriage certificate, my work permit, her blue book.

thanks again

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

thanks. I found out all i need is her ID, my passport, marriage certificate, my work permit, her blue book.

thanks again

As mentioned before, you need your own yellow house registration book too.  

6 hours ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

I don't think there's such list because applicants are said to get a direct phone call 2-3 days before.

I agree, although I hope(and expect) they give me a bit more notice as I live 500 km from Bangkok. 

12 hours ago, david143 said:

one of my friend from Bangladesh, took oath last october 2018 , his interview was placed in april 2018 @ MOI.
he took oath in 2nd week of October. now he is waiting for Citizenship Certificate ceremony @ SB 

12 hours ago, david143 said:

1 question i have to , 
interview goes every month once a week or randomly after 2 or 3 months, 

and is there any website from bora or dopa / MOI to check waiting applicant lists.

Thank you. That's very helpful. 

When I did my MOI interview, I was told they were occurring on the last Thursday of every month. Mine was, in fact, on the last Thursday of the month. There's no way to know where you are in the queue. You'll get a call just before the MOI interview. I has less than a week's notice. 

• Like 2