Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

On 3/22/2020 at 9:21 PM, saakura said:

But you better call them to confirm again, because the situation has changed dramatically over the last 2 days. Most offices will be implementing work-from-home starting tomorrow.

I went to the SB this afternoon at 2pm and they were working at half strength to increase the distance between colleagues, as ordered by their boss. Of the 6 that i normally see sitting in that room, 2 were at home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 10:37 AM, Neeranam said:

Most naturalized citizens I know have had delays of one kind or another, military coups, change of leader, etc.

Hopefully, things will be back to normal soon. I was speaking with Chinese colleagues last night and they say Shanghai is back to normal(after 2 months 'house arrest')

Many, including myself have been greatly affected by this damn flu. Stay safe all! 

Courage mes braves!  Indeed, most of us have endured drought, pestilence, revolution or petty bureaucratic obstacles along this road. In my case the last coup came just after I had completed the oath taking which meant a six month delay before any more announcements could be made in the RG following two earlier three and six month delays caused by petty bureaucratic obstacles that appeared in my path. Just be patient and keep your good selves and your families safe and all good things will come to you once the pestilence subsides.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

Courage mes braves!  Indeed, most of us have endured drought, pestilence, revolution or petty bureaucratic obstacles along this road. In my case the last coup came just after I had completed the oath taking which meant a six month delay before any more announcements could be made in the RG following two earlier three and six month delays caused by petty bureaucratic obstacles that appeared in my path. Just be patient and keep your good selves and your families safe and all good things will come to you once the pestilence subsides.

Thanks Brother.

21 hours ago, Arkady said:

Thank you Chief. I was actually thinking of your experience ???? 

Does anyone know if the Oath is typically done individually or is it normally done with a group of people, meaning do they do one Oath per day or do they schedule a few people at different times (or the same time) on the same day?  I'm curious from the perspective of those who are waiting to take the oath, and whether the disrupted working schedule of the SB will be impacted.  If Oaths are done one per day normally, then hopefully Covid-19 will not disrupt this process continuing normally.  

On 4/6/2020 at 12:03 AM, khongaeng said:

Does anyone know if the Oath is typically done individually or is it normally done with a group of people, meaning do they do one Oath per day or do they schedule a few people at different times (or the same time) on the same day?  I'm curious from the perspective of those who are waiting to take the oath, and whether the disrupted working schedule of the SB will be impacted.  If Oaths are done one per day normally, then hopefully Covid-19 will not disrupt this process continuing normally.  

when i did mine, i didnt see any other candidates waiting before or after i had finished, but i was probably only there for a total of 20 minutes. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 12:03 AM, khongaeng said:

I believe they are done in batches, but each person has a time and goes into the room to do it individually. 

Not all are from Bangkok, so due to travel restrictions can't do it. Anyway, there are many who are waiting for their application to be finalized by His Royal Highness, the King. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, david143 said:

Brother what about those who live in Bangkok like me like you and others.

OR they need to be choose those who registered  Application was in Bangkok

My housebook is in Bangkok but I don't live there.

However, if summoned for the Oath, surely that is a good reason to travel from another province.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Barty said:

Received a letter in the mail from the Ministry of Interior today stating that as of the 1st of April I am a Thai citizen. It specified that I must go to the Special Branch police, pay 500 Baht, and pick up some documents. Those documents will be used to transfer my name into the blue house registration book and then get my Thai ID card. I have 60 days from the 1st of April to complete this.

Congratulations!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barty said:

Received a letter in the mail from the Ministry of Interior today stating that as of the 1st of April I am a Thai citizen. It specified that I must go to the Special Branch police, pay 500 Baht, and pick up some documents. Those documents will be used to transfer my name into the blue house registration book and then get my Thai ID card. I have 60 days from the 1st of April to complete this.

Congratulations! How long did it take, counting from the MOI interview?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...