Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

3 hours ago, qualtrough said:

I just paid a visit to the BORA bldg in Lumlukka. Very hard to miss, but I did because I was looking on the wrong side of the road. Memory playing tricks on me.

Office is on the 3rd floor. Staff very helpful. I have a copy of the acceptance document with a second page showing my name (in Thai) along with others in the batch that my SB officer shared with me. I showed her that and she retrieved my file and then spent about 10 minutes going though each page to make sure everything was in order and found everything ship shape and Bristol fashion. When I asked how much longer to an interview she said 'soon, this year'. Hope she's right! It's almost 14 months exactly since the application was accepted by MOI.  I gave her my wife's mobile number just in case I miss a call. It was a relief to see that the file was all there and had not been misplaced and that there wasn't a problem with anything. She mentioned the interviews take place on the 2nd floor. As someone mentioned, plenty of parking in the ramp out back.

Thanks for this report. I noticed that my definition of "soon" seems to be somewhat different from the one that the officer uses, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, qualtrough said:

I just paid a visit to the BORA bldg in Lumlukka. Very hard to miss, but I did because I was looking on the wrong side of the road. Memory playing tricks on me.

Office is on the 3rd floor. Staff very helpful. I have a copy of the acceptance document with a second page showing my name (in Thai) along with others in the batch that my SB officer shared with me. I showed her that and she retrieved my file and then spent about 10 minutes going though each page to make sure everything was in order and found everything ship shape and Bristol fashion. When I asked how much longer to an interview she said 'soon, this year'. Hope she's right! It's almost 14 months exactly since the application was accepted by MOI.  I gave her my wife's mobile number just in case I miss a call. It was a relief to see that the file was all there and had not been misplaced and that there wasn't a problem with anything. She mentioned the interviews take place on the 2nd floor. As someone mentioned, plenty of parking in the ramp out back.

In 2019 the also told me "this year" and December 2019 they called ????

3 hours ago, onthemoon said:

Thanks for this report. I noticed that my definition of "soon" seems to be somewhat different from the one that the officer uses, though.

We live in hope. She seemed sincere ????

I should mention that as she was paging though the docs she asked me if I was willing to give up my current citizenship. I think the letter stating that triggered that question, kind of a reminder. 

I must say that all the officials at SB, the NIA, and today have been exceedingly pleasant, going out of their way sometimes to be helpful. 

12 hours ago, qualtrough said:

We live in hope. She seemed sincere ????

I should mention that as she was paging though the docs she asked me if I was willing to give up my current citizenship. I think the letter stating that triggered that question, kind of a reminder. 

I must say that all the officials at SB, the NIA, and today have been exceedingly pleasant, going out of their way sometimes to be helpful. 

I found the Special Branch police to be extremely pleasant and helpful as were the NIA. Also, the people at the MOI. The only complaint I have is about the canteen at Lamluuka. I'd recommend bringing sandwiches.  

Expecting to hear soon about the next batch doing the Oath, and also the next announcement in the Royal Gazette.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heiri007 said:

No one of the recent candidates had to pay to speed up the process and get the final BORA interview?

Heard your file can accumulate dust for years without a little extra help - even after MOI approval.

I doubt its possible as there are about 30 people doing the interview thats a lot of payments. Also doing something like that would certainly jeopardize any chances of becoming a citizen 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Is there a monthly or yearly quota for farangs, Indians, Chinese, etc. who get approved?

No

On applications for permanent residency have quotas. It the same 100 people per country every year when announced.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Medinitas said:

Hello everyone,

What would be the problem if during the process your house/apartment/condo where you have registered your address in yellow book is sold? and you have no other address where you can re-register?

Thanks.

If it was me id get one where my wife has hers as a last resort. Remember all your post rg will be done where you are registered 

5 minutes ago, david143 said:

sitting arrangements has been changed to New Normal .
#interviewsthainatioanalitythailand

I don't remember that video screen but the whole setup looks less intimidating 

Edited by yankee99

4 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

I don't remember that video screen but the whole setup looks less intimidating 

we all done in old style screen always behind us,

this time they re arrange sitting.

good for those who still waiting at least they will know how to sit in new normal

19 hours ago, Medinitas said:

Hello everyone,

What would be the problem if during the process your house/apartment/condo where you have registered your address in yellow book is sold? and you have no other address where you can re-register?

Thanks.

I think that an application from a homeless person wouldn't look too great. Do you not have any family/friends to help here? If not, just rent a cheap apartment somewhere.

• Haha 2

My interview with MOI was in Jan'20 and understand from them that my application is now at the last step (i.e. awaiting H.M King's signatory at the palace). 

However, also understand there are batches before me also at this point (i.e. Gabba, David etc) and so God Knows when my application will be officially royally endorsed. 

Now here is where I need some advise. I am looking to quit my job and not find a new one. Will this cause a problem now that I am past the MOI stage or should I just suck up and wait out the last part of this beautiful journey just to be sure? 

You could resign from your job & you may never be asked to present your work permit again during the application process. However, it's not worth the risk as it could derail your application. Personally I would stick with the job for what is likely to be a matter of months. Reward yourself with the occasional treat for sticking with the job.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

@Medinitas

That happened to me and I didn’t even know it until the entire process was done and I had my certificate. Before getting Thai ID you need a letter/signature from the yellow book house owner. Since I didn’t know who that was due to the sale, I applied for a change at the Khaet from yellow book into wife’s blue book in another province. It was a bit of a hassle that took a few months to straighten out. MOI had to sign of documents on the change, then the new province issued my Thai ID without issue.

Bottom line, the sale of the yellow book condo did not affect the end result!

Good Luck!

Edited by Kwarium
Wrong quote
  • Like 1