Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

so now
Dec 2019 and Jan 2020 Candidate after MOI interview.
Files are in King office which is they called in Thai .
Nai Luang Prod 9.
few moments ago i checked with the staff in MOI and she checked my named in Data with my Full name.
and said wait for call from SB for Oath Ceremony.
File still in Nai luang Prod 9 , i asked is this for December 2019 only she said DEC 2019 and JAN 2020 *** 2 Groups***

• Thanks 1

So if we go with estimate with Neeraman brother.
his interview was in September 2019.
Oath Ceremony : July/Aug 2020
Estimate wait 9 to 10 Months.

Our group Dec 2019 and Jan 2020
estimate for Oath will September/October 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, david143 said:

So if we go with estimate with Neeraman brother.
his interview was in September 2019.
Oath Ceremony : July/Aug 2020
Estimate wait 9 to 10 Months.

Our group Dec 2019 and Jan 2020
estimate for Oath will September/October 2020.

Unless I am wrong, Sep-Oct 2019 groups just got called for the oath so the next one should be Nov-Dec 2019.

I waited for 9 months from MOI to the oath.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Unless I am wrong, Sep-Oct 2019 groups just got called for the oath so the next one should be Nov-Dec 2019.

I waited for 9 months from MOI to the oath.

my calculation may wrong.
this is what i talked today and estimate,
it will be nice to hear from SB for NOV and DEC

On 8/2/2020 at 11:58 AM, khongaeng said:

There is no charge for this service.  I would not pay a single baht. You can tell them that special branch said there is no charge for this service, and that you should not be expected to pay anything.  This might scare them away from being crooks for something like this.

Thanks, i said exactly the same (SB said there is no charge) and the lady then demanded to see proof of having paid to SB. I had to make a quick dash home on a motosai to get proof of having paid 5000 Baht to SB. Then she came up with a new reason for not accepting the SB letter : it was addressed to the 'registrar of names' (Nai Thabien) instead of the 'head of the administrative section', who will then forward it to the registrar of names. 

Rushed to SB and after a wait of 3hrs, a new letter was issued. Back to the Khet and she finally accepted it, and promised to issue the document with next 2 days. The whole day was wasted in this.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, saakura said:

Thanks, i said exactly the same (SB said there is no charge) and the lady then demanded to see proof of having paid to SB. I had to make a quick dash home on a motosai to get proof of having paid 5000 Baht to SB. Then she came up with a new reason for not accepting the SB letter : it was addressed to the 'registrar of names' (Nai Thabien) instead of the 'head of the administrative section', who will then forward it to the registrar of names. 

Rushed to SB and after a wait of 3hrs, a new letter was issued. Back to the Khet and she finally accepted it, and promised to issue the document with next 2 days. The whole day was wasted in this.

Wow, it's experiences like this that make the ID card at the other end worth it much more.  I'm glad that my experience was the total opposite.  After showing my letter to the front desk and filling out a silly form that was never used during the whole process, I was given queue number.  15 minutes later my queue was called and I went to the cubicle of the unfriendly but at least helpful government naming official and 30 minutes later, I walked out with the two papers indicating my name change (one for the first name, one for the last name).  Hopefully this is the last time you get the "run around" during this painfully long process.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, khongaeng said:

Wow, it's experiences like this that make the ID card at the other end worth it much more.  I'm glad that my experience was the total opposite.  After showing my letter to the front desk and filling out a silly form that was never used during the whole process, I was given queue number.  15 minutes later my queue was called and I went to the cubicle of the unfriendly but at least helpful government naming official and 30 minutes later, I walked out with the two papers indicating my name change (one for the first name, one for the last name).  Hopefully this is the last time you get the "run around" during this painfully long process.

A problem I experienced was that they demanded my parents' names in my yellow housebook. I had to send my birth certificate to the UK for legislation then to get a stamp from the Thai embassy in London. Then translated and taken to the MoFA in Bangkok. 

'...I was given a microphone and asked to sing the Thai

National anthem and Phra Baramee (the one they play in the cinema).

Yes, really. Managed to keep a straight face...'

How is this amusing or surprising?

UK and US citizenship ceremonies also require you to stand and sing their respective national anthems?

• 2 weeks later...

There's another round of interviews taking place next Tuesday 18th. After that likely early September. Apparently they are trying to work through the Covid backlog so will be scheduling interviews at least monthly, if not more frequently.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

There's another round of interviews taking place next Tuesday 18th. After that likely early September. Apparently they are trying to work through the Covid backlog so will be scheduling interviews at least monthly, if not more frequently.

Great news hope there's another round of oaths too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, khongaeng said:

I talked to Special Branch this week and was told that people who interviewed at MOI in November 2019 are now being called for oaths.  The officer said they are working through a stack of about 40 people for oaths, I’m not sure if that includes foreigners from previous interview groups that are stuck outside of Thailand due to Covid-19, or maybe some people from later groups.  Hopefully those of us on this forum who interviewed in December and later will be called soon.  Also hoping to see that the people who interviewed between July 2019 and November 2019 show up in the Royal Gazette soon.   

Hope so 
December 2019 is here ????

2 hours ago, david143 said:

December 2019 is here ????

July 2019 is here too ????

BTW I got super excited two days ago when I saw a new publication in RG... but after checking it was announcing people who lost Thai nationality (I had searched for สัญชาติ instead of  ได้สัญชาติ) and there were mostly Thai women who got Singaporean and Taiwanese nationalities after marriage, since these countries impose renunciation of former citizenship.

Funnily the last RG was granting Thai citizenship to 47 foreigners and the previous citizenship removal was about 47 Thai nationals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 4:47 PM, BKKBike09 said:

Would be nice for the candidates if they also work through the oath backlog ☺️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david143 said:

Thanks please check with them they have all applicants details

He just said to get the following ready 

รูปถ่าย2นิ้วครึ่ง

สำเนาพาสปอร์ต

ทะเบียนบ้าน

• Like 1