Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

1 hour ago, khongaeng said:

Yes, I got called as well. I’m really glad to hear that they are moving through the backlog. I have heard the same thing. If you are Christian, you can bring a bible or they will provide one for you. Interestingly they don’t really check the book so you could in theory swear on your favorite book, if it has a nice bible looking cover. Atheists could bring a Nice book or something. Also the Christian oath is generic and does not refer to swearing to god or anything, so atheist would probably be most comfortable doing the “Christian” oath. I was told that when you arrive at the office you sign a document that states your oath. Someone should snap a picture of that form. With the Buddhist oath you have to bring flowers and Wai some Buddhist statues in addition to bowing to a picture of the king while giving your oath. 

if you need pictures, I was told that there is a shop across the road in the Siam center area (across from MBK) on Siam Soi 2. It is about a 15 minute walk from the SB office. 

now let’s just hope that after the oath they clear the growing backlog waiting for RG. 

it seems as though they are processing the oaths by order of month interviewed at MOI, which is a good sign that the applications are slowly but steadily moving through the steps in the process

I am an atheist, but having once been in the monkhood, told them I was Buddhist as I did not want to cause any confusion. So I did the Buddhist oath. My ID card identifies me as Buddhist which is fine by me.  Even now if Thai people ask me about my religion and I respond that I am atheist, many act quite shocked as it is very strange to them.      

Edited by GarryP
  • Like 2

Just now, Neeranam said:

When did you apply David? You seem to have gone through the process very quickly! 

First applied in March 22 2018
after 1 month interview With NIA
August 10 2018 File sent to MOI
December 17 2019 MOI interview
And Oath will be on 26 Wednesday 2020.
yeah since start process its goes all smooth and quick _ Thanks God

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, david143 said:

Exceedingly fast. Congratulations. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, david143 said:

Thant's great! Much the same as me but you got the MOI interview 2 months faster and the Oath 1 month faster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

Exceedingly fast. Congratulations. 

My age is only 38 and i am in Thailand since 2006 ????
but my work permit and salary Tax i am paying for over 11 years
Age point was less but SB said no worries i cover points from Salary section .

11 minutes ago, david143 said:

About the same for me submitted docs March 9 2018 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

You newer candidates seem to be quite lucky since the law was changed and you can apply now without PR. At least something that hopefully continues to work in TH.

Actually I am curious to know why this door has been opened, in 2008 I think. Does any guru in this forum know the reason behind?

Edited by GabbaGabbaHey

On 8/19/2020 at 10:13 AM, david143 said:

I have been called for Oath ceremony next week.

FYI

Congratulations, best wishes and pls do let us know how it went. I just got a call for my NIA interview, so still have a long way to go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, david143 said:

My age is only 38 and i am in Thailand since 2006 ????
but my work permit and salary Tax i am paying for over 11 years
Age point was less but SB said no worries i cover points from Salary section .

I don't think that is a factor actually, as long as you meet the minimum points (I had been in Thailand about 28 years when I applied, 19 of those with the same company. I just think things have sped up considerably. People said I got it quickly a few years ago and yet many of your bunch have got it in half the time it took me. I think things are much more open now, which is good and one of the few positives from the coup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, david143 said:

While this is outstanding, it clearly is neither usual nor normal. Also judging from your posting of photos from the interview rounds, you might be very well connected, maybe through family or work privileges. Just interesting to see, in the typical Thai way, how most seem to wait for years and someone fast-tracks. Not raining on your party, yet the inequality is too obvious. ????

15 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

While this is outstanding, it clearly is neither usual nor normal. Also judging from your posting of photos from the interview rounds, you might be very well connected, maybe through family or work privileges. Just interesting to see, in the typical Thai way, how most seem to wait for years and someone fast-tracks. Not raining on your party, yet the inequality is too obvious. ????

No no i have no connection with anyone neither in MOI or SB
and Privileges for those is already mentioned, People who married to Thai , People who study in Thailand, will get extra privilege.
i saw mostly people have problem in their Documents after file passed by SB and forward to MOI, 
@ this point there may WP issue, discrepancies in Documents, so obviously process will delay.
When i went to NIA  it was 5 min interview, it was so fast that its done in mint.
For me i have no delay in documents , since start process i went all by one shot . Even in moi interview i was free in 3 Mint. it was Just 3 mint , i set stopwatch to see how it works, and about pictures i am running FB page and i need to update my Community , pictures you can get it from bora website Meetings Details., its so simple. you just need to be a little active and Read Thai, life will smooth.
Below is the Process SB told me in the began.
SB 4 Month
MOI 18-22 Month
Oath 8-12 Month
RG ** AS per SB Next 90 Days***

10 hours ago, saakura said:

Congratulations, best wishes and pls do let us know how it went. I just got a call for my NIA interview, so still have a long way to go.

thank you Sakura Brother  , Neeraman Brother already shared his experience so i will share mine too ????

35 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

I disagree as my experience mirrors Davids down to the month. You can be assured i have 0 connections and privlages.  Following this thread for several years i saw the changes with the new government. If it wasn't for the new government i probably wouldn't have been motivated to apply. 

Also if it wasn't for covid the process might have been faster. Not trying to jinx anything i think the new normal for citizenship without mistakes is < 3 years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MOI interview Jan'2020 batch here and I also just got called up for oath next week. 

No special connections here as well.. except the nagging wife and my princess daughter. 

David mentioned 90 days to RG? But i read that a few members still waiting? Gabba how long has it been since your oath and are you still waiting for RG? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kst said:

MOI interview Jan'2020 batch here and I also just got called up for oath next week. 

No special connections here as well.. except the nagging wife and my princess daughter. 

David mentioned 90 days to RG? But i read that a few members still waiting? Gabba how long has it been since your oath and are you still waiting for RG? 

Congratulations Brother for your Oath Ceremony .
90 Days just assume. ????

5 minutes ago, onthemoon said:

When was your file moved form SB to MOI?

I applied in June'18. 

NIA in July'18

MOI in Jan'20

Oath next week

Not sure when my file was moved from SB to MOI but I am guessing after NIA interview? 

• Like 1