Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

3 hours ago, kst said:

MOI interview Jan'2020 batch here and I also just got called up for oath next week. 

No special connections here as well.. except the nagging wife and my princess daughter. 

David mentioned 90 days to RG? But i read that a few members still waiting? Gabba how long has it been since your oath and are you still waiting for RG? 

Awesome speed! Congrats!!

5 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Definitely much faster than it used to be. It seems that the whole process has been cleaned up, which is great. They are also now trying to follow the timeline that was established a few years ago, which seems to correspond with what the newer applicants are experiencing.

To give you an idea of the cleaning up that has happened, when it was handled at the Ministry of the Interior near Sanam Luang, I actually visited them to request they speed up the call for the interview as my wife was dying. They agreed and I was shortly thereafter called for the MOI interview there. However, when the process was transferred to Lam Luk Ka, suspicions were raised about my file as it appeared, based on my case number, that I had jumped the queue (I had). As a result I was called in for another MOI interview out in Lam Luk Ka. 

I was with my son at the interview (my wife had since died) which seemed to go on for about 10 minutes or more but in reality probably lasted 3 or 4 minutes. I did all the talking after being asked to introduce myself. When I finished the committee was very supportive, understood my position and had no questions for me (many of them had been at the previous interview). The long and the short of it was that my case was approved. Immediately upon the interview ending, my son ran to the toilet, not to pee, but because he was embarrassed that tears were running down his cheeks. It was the first time I have seen my son cry with an emotion other than pain or sadness. He was in his early 20's at the time. 

Sorry For your Mrs.
May her Soul RIP Amen

• Like 2

On 8/20/2020 at 2:55 PM, david143 said:

http://118.174.31.163/images/snbt/str/book/describe/61/nationality.pdf

Read this Article from MOI for Thai Nationality Act 2008, signed by HM Late King Rama 9 and also in RG.
Each and every Matra as per MOI we are can able to get the info.

That's a very interesting link. I might finish reading it in about a week ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

Finished my oath in and out under 15 minutes! They said 4 months they will call for me to get my certificate 

Good stuff!

Interesting, as last month they told me 3 months. They must have a plan of when the RG is going to be.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Good stuff!

Interesting, as last month they told me 3 months. They must have a plan of when the RG is going to be.

I was told 2-5 months, and that I should have my ID by the end of the year...  I hope that we are all together as well, even better would be if it is a massive group with GabbaGabbaHey sometime in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Good stuff!

Im not sure if they have a definitive time probably giving the worst case scenario i hope. On another forum someone had their oath mid Jan 2020 and their name was published 3 months later. 

Not sure how or when SB sends the name back to be published but figured the sooner im done the better. 

1 hour ago, david143 said:

now what we can assume, they can put us all together and it will be Miracle .

I was wrong last time, but I'd rather expect one RG in the coming 2 weeks and the next one around November (for men).

Edited by GabbaGabbaHey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, khongaeng said:

I was told 2-5 months, and that I should have my ID by the end of the year...  I hope that we are all together as well, even better would be if it is a massive group with GabbaGabbaHey sometime in the next few weeks.

If that happens, we should have a little ThaiVisa Thai members' party. Then again, we won't be expats ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

All, a new RG with 46 names just came out... and I am part of it, yes! Total time will have been 3.5 years (I started in March 2017).

It's published today meanwhile the document was signed on June 30, this explains this long 4 months waiting time after the oath.

My congratulations go to the other 45 people, and good luck to all of you who're just few months after us... it's coming soon for you too.

Congratulations

In the middle of the pandemic pandemic probably slowed it down but im sure the wait was worth it. 

• Like 1

Congratulations Khun Gabba ???? ????????

Thank you.

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

Congratulations

In the middle of the pandemic pandemic probably slowed it down but im sure the wait was worth it. 

Thank you. The most important is that there's regular progress on the backlog.

• Like 1

It seems that there quite a few of us in Prakanong District. I have also noted that there are three or four of us on Sukhumvit 101 or 101/1. That must be one of the reasons why the Prakanong District Office was a breeze. They must be used to it. 

Congratulations Gabba Brother. May God Bless you and give you more healthy life .
Amen

Yesterday i also done my oath and it was super Fast 10 min.
The Paper we signed is a Oath Ceremony recite followed by SB officer, that's all.
SB told me to wait 3 / 4 month until December 2020.   

Thank you david143. Hopefully you can get the certificate and/or ID in your Christmas basket 2020.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Thank you david143. Hopefully you can get the certificate and/or ID in your Christmas basket 2020.

Thank you brother . stay blessed.
That's what the SB officer said, bring Christmas party to all staff , and i said Sure ????

• Like 1

Gabba Brother
Please do share the latest info for making ID card.

Sure, for now I plan to ask SB for the certificate around mid September -unless they contact me before- then I'll go to my district office to make an appointment for ID.

I'll share my final steps don't worry.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Sure, for now I plan to ask SB for the certificate around mid September -unless they contact me before- then I'll go to my district office to make an appointment for ID.

I'll share my final steps don't worry.

Is like to know if I have to make an appointment and also if I can do so by phone. Difficult, living 400km from my home????

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is like to know if I have to make an appointment and also if I can do so by phone. Difficult, living 400km from my home????

That is what i concerned, my amphur is next to my house in Bangna, that is no problem but for those who live far, do they have to make an appointment first OR Just go with SB and RG documents with CP certificate.