Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

if you guys notice in new RG which is released on 26 August 2020.it was signed by Minister Anupong on 30 June 2020.
And for women was published on 13 June 2020
ประกาศวันที่30มิถุนายนพ.ศ.๒๕3
พลเอกอนุพงษ์เผ่าจินดารัฐมนตรีว่าการกระทรวงมหาดไทย

Edited by david143
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, david143 said:

That is what i concerned, my amphur is next to my house in Bangna, that is no problem but for those who live far, do they have to make an appointment first OR Just go with SB and RG documents with CP certificate.

Also, some said their wives had to be there. I doubt mine will as the house is not in her name. 

Just now, Neeranam said:

Also, some said their wives had to be there. I doubt mine will as the house is not in her name. 

its true, Owner of Blue book ETC if wife then no problem, if on someone else name they also to be there as we will enter in there blue book

• Like 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

David, we might be in the same RG. 

Looking at past ones, it seems there is one every 45 people or so. 

I think so Big Brother and i believe it will be in October or November .
lets wait 2 months more and see ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

David, we might be in the same RG. 

Looking at past ones, it seems there is one every 45 people or so. 

I'd say only if you're part of the same SB batch to go back to MOI after the oath (I believe the RG also processes in batches, and would expect Sep-Oct 2019 to be the next one). What is really strange is that one RG every 3 months should be 100 or more people, not just 40 people which are interviewed on a single day... where are the missing ones?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

IMO there's a high probability to have one RG (for men) in October and one in December... we'll see.

if they go process it suppose to be like this Gabba Brother

but SB officer already told me December 2020 and said don't go out of country. ????

53 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

I'd say only if you're part of the same SB batch to go back to MOI after the oath (I believe the RG also processes in batches, and would expect Sep-Oct 2019 to be the next one). What is really strange is that one RG every 3 months should be 100 or more people, not just 40 people which are interviewed on a single day... where are the missing ones?

i never understood this either assuming average 40 interview a month at least 100 every 3 months 

23 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

i never understood this either assuming average 40 interview a month at least 100 every 3 months 

Are female applicants (Thai husband) subject to MOI interview? I assume not, but if this was the case it could explain as we see regular RG for women.

• Like 1

Just had my NIA interview this week at "Ko Kreate" which is a very low end co-working space in Soi Phahonyothin 11. Several couples were waiting but only two of us were wearing a suit and tie, the rest were in smart casuals. There were many officers and they had booked several rooms. Me and my wife were called into one small cramped room without any windows. A very elderly lady took over 60 minutes to check the original documents and ask several general questions. In the end, she told us that the case files be sent back to SB within 2 months.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, saakura said:

Just had my NIA interview this week at "Ko Kreate" which is a very low end co-working space in Soi Phahonyothin 11. Several couples were waiting but only two of us were wearing a suit and tie, the rest were in smart casuals. There were many officers and they had booked several rooms. Me and my wife were called into one small cramped room without any windows. A very elderly lady took over 60 minutes to check the original documents and ask several general questions. In the end, she told us that the case files be sent back to SB within 2 months.

Sixty mint. wow
i remember mine was just 12 or 13 min and interview was at NIA head office, and we went inside the hall 08:55 and out about 09:07 AM, it was sunday morning.
anyways keep going brother.

• Like 1

Just now, kst said:

Just did my oath yesterday. SB officer said see you in 3/4 months and that everything should be settled within this year. 

So guessing quite a few batches together combined into one for next RG? (Maybe to make the numbers because some failed MOI interview?)

Lovely and Welcome to Family brother.

i was talking that day with SB officer he said they received Names from Palace for 5 Groups/. starting from Neeraman Brother Group. SEP-OCT-NOV-DEC-JAN20
and they are busy to finish all the oath and to send back to MOI asap for publish in RG.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, david143 said:

Lovely and Welcome to Family brother.

i was talking that day with SB officer he said they received Names from Palace for 5 Groups/. starting from Neeraman Brother Group. SEP-OCT-NOV-DEC-JAN20
and they are busy to finish all the oath and to send back to MOI asap for publish in RG.

Probably planning a bumper edition of RG in December for late HM The King's birthday? Anyway just counting myself lucky that my case got bumped up since tradionally they process in batches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kst said:

Probably planning a bumper edition of RG in December for late HM The King's birthday? Anyway just counting myself lucky that my case got bumped up since tradionally they process in batches. 

We all got lucky
HM King travel back to Thailand for Phra Manda birthday and all pending groups got signed.
i got call from SB for Oath on 17 August 2020.
Good Luck it will bumper edition ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saakura said:

My NIA in end 2017 was taking long time too because there was a senior lady and a junior one who had to write down all questions and answers and she was doing it very slowly. About 45 minutes into the interview (they went through most original documents), seeing all were standard questions, I showed them a detailed and precise two pages document I had prepared in Thai (my background, my wife background, how we met, my work experience, my relatives... and everything that basically would interest a naturalization process) and said I'd be happy to give them a copy if it could help. After they accepted it, they read it briefly while talking and concluded it was probably sufficient. So total time maybe 50 minutes for me.  That summary document was very useful in the process because it made me proactively compile all dates and names (including father and mother, Thai relatives, my birthplace... with correct spelling in Thai and exact dates). I gave a copy to my SB officer and one to NIA. It certainly did not speed up my timeline but I guess made the life of someone easier and decreased the risks of translation mistakes and need for producing amended documents.

BTW you should also bring your wife/kids passports and your company salary letter to NIA interview (so make sure to copy it before giving to SB).

Edited by GabbaGabbaHey
  • Like 1

Wow a 50 minute NIA interview must have been torturous.  My NIA Interview was also closer to 20 minutes long.  Checked all of my documents as well.  Interestingly they found an error in my child’s birth certificate that we had never noticed before, and this document has been across the desk of various embassies and official government offices.  I was impressed and surprised that they caught the mistake.  Because our child has a Thai ID card, the interviewer took information from that instead.  Make sure you bring every official document from your life, your wife’s life and your children’s lives with you to the interview.  

The one thing that took me off-guard was when the officer asked if I had ever been unfaithful to my wife.  Having never been asked that question in any setting, I gave what I consider to be a poorly worded answer to what could have been a simple NO. Be prepared for some delving question and a thorough analysis of your documents

I never felt threatened during the interview, just be aware that NIA are the most thorough at this interview than any other interview in the process (SB and MOI). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Just to add to my post above, the NIA now mails you a list of documents (separate list for husband & wife) to bring to the interview, along with all originals. The mail comes from [email protected]

The NIA had an office in the grounds of  Paruskavan palace when I did in in Jan 2018. A nice guy(policeman)ushered us in and there were no seats in the waiting room,. He took us into his office and we chatted for 40 minutes about gardening, and then his wife came and took us for an interview. Lovely couple. I suggest you bring up gardening if you get the older lady. The guy practically hugged me on the way out! I think it was the tip on how to grow lemons, and noni fruit, and the benefits of a hot toddy!

Lucky I took all the documents as they asked to see some they never told me to take,  like degrees. All the interviewers were women. Others seemed to be seen by two, but us only one. The guy at the next table couldn't answer the first question they asked him - "when were you born?"

• Like 1

I know the ID card is the final step which is evidence of being Thai national, but as the question "at what step do you become Thai?" is sometimes part of the knowledge questionnaire about Thailand and the citizenship process, do you know -from a legal standpoint- what is the correct answer : is it after taking the oath, after the Minister has signed the naturalization decree or when it's being published to RG? anyone knows?

12 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

I know the ID card is the final step which is evidence of being Thai national, but as the question "at what step do you become Thai?" is sometimes part of the knowledge questionnaire about Thailand and the citizenship process, do you know -from a legal standpoint- what is the correct answer : is it after taking the oath, after the Minister has signed the naturalization decree or when it's being published to RG? anyone knows?

Well, when they announce new laws in the Gazette, such laws come into effect upon announcement unless it is stipulated otherwise. Also when they announce the appointment of new ranks, or other titles, they become effective on the date of the announcement, unless the announcement states otherwise. As such, I would say that it is upon announcement in the Royal Gazette. Obviously you do not need an ID card to be Thai, as children under 15 (the age may have changed) do not have ID cards. 

Edited by GarryP
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

to the best of my knowledge its when your name is published in the RG

That is correct. It was a question in the written multiple-choice test at SB, and I chose this answer. My result of the whole test was 100%, so this answer must have been correct.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, david143 said:

The day i took oath,
after came out from room , officer said to me in Thai.
Yin dee khun pen khun thai laew. lor ek pap ning cha thum baht prachachun naa.

I heard that from few past year applicants too, but as RG seems the key step and correct answer, my understanding is that the officer means it in an informal way like there are no further requirements from you in the process, everything is complete and passed (the rest being waiting for RG).

Edited by GabbaGabbaHey
  • Like 2

Just now, GabbaGabbaHey said:

I heard that from few past year applicants too, but as RG seems the key step and correct answer, my understand is that the officer means it in an informal way like there are no further requirements from you in the process, everything is complete and passed (the rest being waiting for RG).

That is correct, without RG confirmation Thai Govt system not confirmed. ????