Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

7 hours ago, khongaeng said:

I also made the cut for this RG announcement too.  After I saw your post, I almost had a heart attack in anticipation.  Only 44 people on this one, so I suspect some MOI interviewees in Jan and Feb 2020 are not on it.  I hope you made this one David!  I found out one of my American friends who was also waiting, but not on this forum, also made the cut. He's probably excited to finally have a fallback if things go crazy in the US with Trump and Biden. ???? If I remember correctly he interviewed at MOI in September 2019.  

Neeraman brother Congrag
December 2020
No i am not in it. Hope for next one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, khongaeng said:

I also made the cut for this RG announcement too.  After I saw your post, I almost had a heart attack in anticipation.  Only 44 people on this one, so I suspect some MOI interviewees in Jan and Feb 2020 are not on it.  I hope you made this one David!  I found out one of my American friends who was also waiting, but not on this forum, also made the cut. He's probably excited to finally have a fallback if things go crazy in the US with Trump and Biden. ???? If I remember correctly he interviewed at MOI in September 2019.  

Awesome, congratulations ????

2 hours ago, david143 said:

Neeraman brother Congrag
December 2020
No i am not in it. Hope for next one.

That is so strange.  You must have taken the oath only 2 weeks or so after Neeraman, and the RG is dated 1 October, well after you completed your oath.  I hope they have one more announcement before the new year for the rest of the Nov and Dec 2019 MOI interviewees and possibly even Jan and Feb 2020 MOI interviewees that have already finished their oath.  

The good news for those still in the early stages of the process is that it appears that the current government regime isn't going anywhere ???? and his Royal Majesty King Rama X seems to be located in Thailand nowadays (hopefully signing nationality applications among other important things).  With the current setup, it appears the total timeline is now on average 3 years, which is quite acceptable in my opinion.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If anyone's interested, here's my timeline so far: - 

Application at Special Branch  - Dec 2017

National Intelligence Agency interview -  Jan 2018

Ministry of Interior interview -  Sep 2019

Oath -  July 2020

Royal Gazette announcement  - Nov 2020

Thanks for this updated schedule. My NIA interview was in Nov 2019, so I am almost 2 years behind you. I expect the MOI interview for September/October 2021, but it now looks like it might be a bit earlier!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, khongaeng said:

That is so strange.  You must have taken the oath only 2 weeks or so after Neeraman, and the RG is dated 1 October, well after you completed your oath.  I hope they have one more announcement before the new year for the rest of the Nov and Dec 2019 MOI interviewees and possibly even Jan and Feb 2020 MOI interviewees that have already finished their oath.  

The good news for those still in the early stages of the process is that it appears that the current government regime isn't going anywhere ???? and his Royal Majesty King Rama X seems to be located in Thailand nowadays (hopefully signing nationality applications among other important things).  With the current setup, it appears the total timeline is now on average 3 years, which is quite acceptable in my opinion.

i just talked to my SB officer and he said there will be another RG soon, he not mentioned when but only said rayo rayo nee.
Neeraman brother took oath in end July i took oath after 1 month 26 August, .
lets wait for another one as it was in Feb 2020 and Mar 2020 for male.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, khongaeng said:

Perhaps the batches are from when people took the MOI.  I was Sep 2019 and David was Nov, I think.

Just now, Neeranam said:

Perhaps the batches are from when people took the MOI.  I was Sep 2019 and David was Nov, I think.

I was in December 19
But really happy for all brothers who made it.
and for those waiting will be more happy soon ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, khongaeng said:

Congratulations!

4 minutes ago, david143 said:

i just talked to my SB officer and he said there will be another RG soon, he not mentioned when but only said rayo rayo nee.
Neeraman brother took oath in end July i took oath after 1 month 26 August, .
lets wait for another one as it was in Feb 2020 and Mar 2020 for male.

I'm pretty sure there will be another one this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I'm pretty sure there will be another one this year.

SB office just called back moment again and said this group in RG including sep and oct  2019
Nov and Dec will be next , and lets see in December he will keep me update ???? i said krub P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david143 said:

SB office just called back moment again and said this group in RG including sep and oct  2019
Nov and Dec will be next , and lets see in December he will keep me update ???? i said krub P.

Was there an MOI in Oct? 

14 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Me so far ...

Application at Special Branch  - Apr 2018

National Intelligence Agency interview -  June 2018

File sent to MOI - Dec 2018

Ministry of Interior interview -  Sep 2020 (was asked to go Jul 2020 but couldn't make it)

Oath -  

Royal Gazette announcement  - 

So Far My Timeline
Application at Special Branch  -Mar 2018

National Intelligence Agency interview -  April 2018

File sent to MOI - AUG 2018

Ministry of Interior interview -  DEC 2019

Oath -  AUG 2020

Royal Gazette announcement : WAITING

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Me so far ...

Application at Special Branch  - Apr 2018

National Intelligence Agency interview -  June 2018

File sent to MOI - Dec 2018

Ministry of Interior interview -  Sep 2020 (was asked to go Jul 2020 but couldn't make it)

Oath -  

Royal Gazette announcement  - 

Thats seems slow? 

i applied March 2018 and Moi was Dec 2019, oath Aug 2020

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yankee99 said:

Thats seems slow? 

i applied March 2018 and Moi was Dec 2019, oath Aug 2020

It does a little; maybe this is due to Covid. There was a slight delay this year but the good news is that it was not serious and all of us are pretty lucky, in my opinion, as a few years ago the normal processing time was much longer! 

31 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

There was a delay caused squarely by the British Embassy suddenly refusing to accept declarations of intent to renounce nationality, which became their policy around April 2018. While they / police / immigration / MFA debated about what to do it effectively prevented any Brit's application from going to MOI because the file was missing that piece of paper. Around I think October 2018 the British Embassy began their new policy of simply issuing a letter saying that "X has said he is applying for Thai nationality; we don't object; UK doesn't preclude dual nationality; we won't make anyone give up UK nationality etc etc". 

I'd forgotten about that. I was lucky to get mine before they stopped. My SB case officer called me asking me to speak with someone from the UK about this. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It does a little; maybe this is due to Covid. There was a slight delay this year but the good news is that it was not serious and all of us are pretty lucky, in my opinion, as a few years ago the normal processing time was much longer! 

I started my application in the beginning of 2017. Once I get my ID card, I plan to give a detailed account of my experience.  All in all my application process will be well over 3.5 years.  I'm glad to see that for some of you, it has been about a year shorter than that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1