Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

On 2/7/2021 at 6:42 PM, saakura said:

Guarantors are required only at the time of initial SB interview. It has been a part of the legal requirement and i dont think it is something newly introduced.

Well they skipped that with me because I was never required to have anyone come down to the SB with me or at any other time.

16 hours ago, qualtrough said:

Well they skipped that with me because I was never required to have anyone come down to the SB with me or at any other time.

In my case I contacted SB in April 2017 but my witnesses were only invited 4 months after. Where are you exactly in the process?

Edited by GabbaGabbaHey

6 minutes ago, kst said:

Usually how long between female & male publication?

if we see 2020 Publications
11 February 2020 male
12 March 2020 female
01 April 2020 male
16 April 2020 female
11 June 2020 female
26 August 2020 male ( Gabba Brother)
17 November 2020 male ( Neeraman Brother)

On 2/9/2021 at 5:43 PM, GabbaGabbaHey said:

In my case I contacted SB in April 2017 but my witnesses were only invited 4 months after. Where are you exactly in the process?

As I noted a few days ago, I was mistaken, and I did have a couple of witnesses vouch for me. I am post MOI about 5 months now.

My Thai husband and I are locked down in the U.K. and have been since August 2020..we live here now. My friend who deals with our post in BKK told me that I’d received citizenship letter (only been married 30 years and applied many years ago. ....) We lived in BKK for many years and personally did not find anything about the process easy! Would anybody have a link to RG for August -December 2562 so I could  just have a look?I have trawled through the ones that members have posted but can’t see my name on any of them so think it is on Sep / Oct 2562 (2019) . Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Paddington said:

My Thai husband and I are locked down in the U.K. and have been since August 2020..we live here now. My friend who deals with our post in BKK told me that I’d received citizenship letter (only been married 30 years and applied many years ago. ....) We lived in BKK for many years and personally did not find anything about the process easy! Would anybody have a link to RG for August -December 2562 so I could  just have a look?I have trawled through the ones that members have posted but can’t see my name on any of them so think it is on Sep / Oct 2562 (2019) . Many thanks!

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/D/021/T_0002.PDF
12 March 2020

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/D/030/T_0012.PDF
16 April 2020

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/D/046/T_0039.PDF
11 June 2020

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2563/E/196/T_0031.PDF
26 August 2020 Mix MR-Master-Miss-MRS

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2564/D/012/T_0003.PDF
11 February 2021

Edited by david143

8 hours ago, qualtrough said:

As I noted a few days ago, I was mistaken, and I did have a couple of witnesses vouch for me. I am post MOI about 5 months now.

We may have gone to the same MOI interview session - early September.

No home visits or witnesses to NIA for me either, but did have the two witnesses come to SB the day of the formal application submission there.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:04 AM, BKKBike09 said:

We may have gone to the same MOI interview session - early September.

No home visits or witnesses to NIA for me either, but did have the two witnesses come to SB the day of the formal application submission there.

Likely. Sorry if I didn't reach out to say Hello. I did chat with an Arab fellow and another person from India. I think there were only two other farangs present. That was a long day of waiting.

2 hours ago, qualtrough said:

Likely. Sorry if I didn't reach out to say Hello. I did chat with an Arab fellow and another person from India. I think there were only two other farangs present. That was a long day of waiting.

No worries. I saw two whiteys: me + 1. It was indeed a looooooooooong and boring day, enlivened only by the need to keep my wife from berating the hapless officials for ordering us to be there by 10 am, and then not being interviewed until 2.30 pm and the interview taking 5 minutes. Most of the interview was taken up explaining why we'd passed on two previous interview dates ...

A structured system of interviews being conducted on a specific date each month, and applicants assigned a specific time slot would be a massive time saver for all. It seems to be an alien concept that a husband and wife might actually both work and possibly might not work in jobs that allow you to suddenly factor in the need to spend a day at a government office with less than a week's notice.

We turned up at 9.45 to allow for review of documents and I had a Santa's Sack of every document and bit of paper ever issued to me ... no-one asked to see anything, not even passport or wife's ID to verify we were who we said we were. 

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

No worries. I saw two whiteys: me + 1. It was indeed a looooooooooong and boring day, enlivened only by the need to keep my wife from berating the hapless officials for ordering us to be there by 10 am, and then not being interviewed until 2.30 pm and the interview taking 5 minutes. Most of the interview was taken up explaining why we'd passed on two previous interview dates ...

A structured system of interviews being conducted on a specific date each month, and applicants assigned a specific time slot would be a massive time saver for all. It seems to be an alien concept that a husband and wife might actually both work and possibly might not work in jobs that allow you to suddenly factor in the need to spend a day at a government office with less than a week's notice.

We turned up at 9.45 to allow for review of documents and I had a Santa's Sack of every document and bit of paper ever issued to me ... no-one asked to see anything, not even passport or wife's ID to verify we were who we said we were. 

Don't worry they have plenty of pictures of you and your wife so identifying you wasn't a problem. 

15 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Has anyone had their docs - such as work permit - checked at the oath ceremony?

Just now, heiri007 said:

Has anyone had their docs - such as work permit - checked at the oath ceremony?

SB not even bother to see original , they just need Passport Copy and Yellow Book Copy and signature on Oath Paper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david143 said:

SB not even bother to see original , they just need Passport Copy and Yellow Book Copy and signature on Oath Paper.

adding
Passport Copy
Yellow Book Copy
You need to Signature on Oath Paper
4 Pictures

22 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Same experience. Arrived by 9pm, we were one of the last ones interviewed at the end of the day. No documents asked for. I pretty much gave one long answer and there were a few follow-up questions. Seemed well received - knock on wood. Someone asked my wife if she was a Buddhist! 

On 2/17/2021 at 6:30 AM, Paddington said:

7 November 2019 (39 women) - http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/D/085/T_0003.PDF

22 August 2019 (30 women) - http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/D/063/T_0002.PDF

23 May 2019 (39 women) - http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/D/038/T_0010.PDF

On 2/21/2021 at 7:18 AM, CanadianGirl2 said:

Thank you all. Just  found it! Good luck everyone.

One of the requirements for citizenship is Being sui juris under Thai law and the law on which the person has nationality.   I am assuming that I need to create a document to be notorized by the US consulate in Chiang Mai?  
Does anyone know what  the key words are that need to be included to be deemed a valid document.

Also regarding renunciation of citizenship.

Would something like this be acceptable:

to: Consul General, Chiang Mai

My name is xxxxxx, USA Passport # xxxxxxx Born on xxxxxx.  I have lived in Thailand since xxxx and presently live at xxxxxx

I xxxxx hereby declare my intention to renounce my USA nationality following my naturalisation as a Thai national

xxxxxxxx
Signature

Thank you in advance

43 minutes ago, THAIJAMES said:

One of the requirements for citizenship is Being sui juris under Thai law and the law on which the person has nationality.   I am assuming that I need to create a document to be notorized by the US consulate in Chiang Mai?  
Does anyone know what  the key words are that need to be included to be deemed a valid document.

Also regarding renunciation of citizenship.

Would something like this be acceptable:

to: Consul General, Chiang Mai

My name is xxxxxx, USA Passport # xxxxxxx Born on xxxxxx.  I have lived in Thailand since xxxx and presently live at xxxxxx

I xxxxx hereby declare my intention to renounce my USA nationality following my naturalisation as a Thai national

xxxxxxxx
Signature

Thank you in advance

I discussed it with my embassy here in Bangkok at the time, and they were very familiar with the requirement.

I didn't write a letter for them to notarise, they wrote a letter on embassy stationary, stamped and signed, stating that I had confirmed that I intend to renounce my original nationality when I receive Thai citizenship. They even had a standard letter on their computer into which they only wrote my personal details, all the wording was there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, onthemoon said:

I discussed it with my embassy here in Bangkok at the time, and they were very familiar with the requirement.

I didn't write a letter for them to notarise, they wrote a letter on embassy stationary, stamped and signed, stating that I had confirmed that I intend to renounce my original nationality when I receive Thai citizenship. They even had a standard letter on their computer into which they only wrote my personal details, all the wording was there.

Thanks I will contact the Chiang Mai consulate to see if they provide the same service.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:35 AM, khongaeng said:

Years ago when me and my American friend started the process, I posted the templates that he used on for the US Embassy.  I don't know if they are applicable today or not.  My experience at my Embassy was similar with @onthemoon so I can't tell you much about the American Embassy except what I have been told. 

The funny thing about the US Embassy from what I have heard is that you can fill out a generic affidavit saying that you graduated from university on so and so day, or that you have no criminal record, or that you like to wear pink underwear... and they will sign it and stamp it (embossed) for a flat rate of 50 USD per page. The especially strange part about it is that the Thai authorities generally accept such documentation as official without question.  He explained to me that the US Embassy will not issue any sort of documentation certifying any vital details for you, the only method you can use is an affidavit form.  I'm glad that my Embassy was more helpful than the Americans

My friend told me that he actually combined a few statements like his passport details and no criminal record and "of age" details all on the same affidavit.

I hope this helps.

7 hours ago, khongaeng said:

Years ago when me and my American friend started the process, I posted the templates that he used on for the US Embassy.  I don't know if they are applicable today or not.  My experience at my Embassy was similar with @onthemoon so I can't tell you much about the American Embassy except what I have been told. 

The funny thing about the US Embassy from what I have heard is that you can fill out a generic affidavit saying that you graduated from university on so and so day, or that you have no criminal record, or that you like to wear pink underwear... and they will sign it and stamp it (embossed) for a flat rate of 50 USD per page. The especially strange part about it is that the Thai authorities generally accept such documentation as official without question.  He explained to me that the US Embassy will not issue any sort of documentation certifying any vital details for you, the only method you can use is an affidavit form.  I'm glad that my Embassy was more helpful than the Americans

My friend told me that he actually combined a few statements like his passport details and no criminal record and "of age" details all on the same affidavit.

I hope this helps.

Things have changed a little they definitely wont certify your criminal record without a FBI report and the intent to renounce is a standard pattern which they have in the  bkk embassy

10 hours ago, khongaeng said:

I hope this helps.

Thank you this was  helpful, unfortunately the Chiang Mai consulate is no longer ansering the phone and my email equiry was replied with forms to start the process for renounciation of citizenship and $2300 for processing fee.  As per Yankee 99 I asked about such a template and was given a link to existing templates which only included a blank and  mariage affidavit.   I will ask while I am there maybe they have them available for printing eventhough they are not on the website.   Is Sui Juris simply a document that states that I am an adult over 20 years of age?

Edited by THAIJAMES