Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

45 minutes ago, THAIJAMES said:

Thank you this was  helpful, unfortunately the Chiang Mai consulate is no longer ansering the phone and my email equiry was replied with forms to start the process for renounciation of citizenship and $2300 for processing fee.  As per Yankee 99 I asked about such a template and was given a link to existing templates which only included a blank and  mariage affidavit.   I will ask while I am there maybe they have them available for printing eventhough they are not on the website.   Is Sui Juris simply a document that states that I am an adult over 20 years of age?

you might email the bkk embassy and see what they say

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, yankee99 said:

you might email the bkk embassy and see what they say

Unfortunately this is the reply I got from the Embasy:

Our office can provide notary services, however, we are not able to provide a notary for intent to renounce U.S. citizenship. Please contact the appropriate Thai authority Amphur for requirements.

American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy, Bangkok

I mentioned that many persons have gotten suck a letter from the embassy and asked them if they changed their policy recently and this is the reply:

Our process has not changed. The U.S. Embassy is not authorized to provide a notary stating that you intend to renounce your citizenship. We do not have templates and are not generally involved in the Thai citizenship approval process. If you would like a notary, please make an appointment through our website, however, as stated above, we cannot notarize a statement with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship.

U.S. Embassy, Bangkok

2 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

I mentioned that many persons have gotten suck a letter from the embassy and asked them if they changed their policy recently and this is the reply:

Our process has not changed. The U.S. Embassy is not authorized to provide a notary stating that you intend to renounce your citizenship. We do not have templates and are not generally involved in the Thai citizenship approval process. If you would like a notary, please make an appointment through our website, however, as stated above, we cannot notarize a statement with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship.

U.S. Embassy, Bangkok

I sent you a copy of mine via pm maybe the new administration stopped them 

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

I sent you a copy of mine via pm maybe the new administration stopped them 

According to the email response, they never did them 55555.   I have contacted Special Branch Police and they are aware of this for some reason and informed me that I would need a letter from them to get the notorized letter.  But I must first submit my application.   I have an appointment with the consulate on the 15th and will try my luck with the example you have provided. 

Thanks for your help

On 2/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, BKKBike09 said:

No worries. I saw two whiteys: me + 1. It was indeed a looooooooooong and boring day, enlivened only by the need to keep my wife from berating the hapless officials for ordering us to be there by 10 am, and then not being interviewed until 2.30 pm and the interview taking 5 minutes. Most of the interview was taken up explaining why we'd passed on two previous interview dates ...

A structured system of interviews being conducted on a specific date each month, and applicants assigned a specific time slot would be a massive time saver for all. It seems to be an alien concept that a husband and wife might actually both work and possibly might not work in jobs that allow you to suddenly factor in the need to spend a day at a government office with less than a week's notice.

We turned up at 9.45 to allow for review of documents and I had a Santa's Sack of every document and bit of paper ever issued to me ... no-one asked to see anything, not even passport or wife's ID to verify we were who we said we were. 

My wife chatted with several of the wives of the applicants that day and she got a call from one today saying her husband just received a letter saying he passed. He is from a non-Western, non-Chinese country that I won't name. She apparently knows 'someone', and said that out of 108 people that day, 3 failed the interview. I am just passing this along, I cannot vouch for this. I have not received any notification. I hope I am not among those three, if that is accurate!

1 hour ago, qualtrough said:

My wife chatted with several of the wives of the applicants that day and she got a call from one today saying her husband just received a letter saying he passed. He is from a non-Western, non-Chinese country that I won't name. She apparently knows 'someone', and said that out of 108 people that day, 3 failed the interview. I am just passing this along, I cannot vouch for this. I have not received any notification. I hope I am not among those three, if that is accurate!

Oh, I didn't know it was possible to fail that interview. Now I am getting worried...

1 minute ago, onthemoon said:

No, that's wrong. I expect my MoI interview to be in September/October this year, if the schedule others have experienced still applies.

aah i c , then Good luck with your interview, its very simple and straight .

1 hour ago, onthemoon said:

Oh, I didn't know it was possible to fail that interview. Now I am getting worried...

Total speculation but i think the only way to fail is get caught in a lie. 

I only spoke two 1/2 sentences before they told my wife to speak for me

4 hours ago, qualtrough said:

No notification received here ...

2 hours ago, qualtrough said:

The person who allegedly received the letter employed a law firm for his application at a cost of over 100,000 baht. Perhaps it can speed things up?

It just got more interesting. The same lady just sent my wife a two page doc in Thai with the list of those passing and citizenship and my name was there! I saw it with my own eyes. Keeping fingers crossed. PM me with your name if you want and I can check to see if you are on that list.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, qualtrough said:

It just got more interesting. The same lady just sent my wife a two page doc in Thai with the list of those passing and citizenship and my name was there! I saw it with my own eyes. Keeping fingers crossed. PM me with your name if you want and I can check to see if you are on that list.

Brother is this list ? of after interviews from MOI.

Has any american in the past year been able to obtain a renounciation letter from the embassy or consulate? Special Branch Chiang Mai informed me today that famous youtuber Udom Suksanaih was also rejected  trying to get a renoucination letter from the Chiang Mai consulate, but because of his connections at the Interior ministry was able to get a waver.  I don't have any connections 5555.  Any suggestions?

59 minutes ago, THAIJAMES said:

Has any american in the past year been able to obtain a renounciation letter from the embassy or consulate? Special Branch Chiang Mai informed me today that famous youtuber Udom Suksanaih was also rejected  trying to get a renoucination letter from the Chiang Mai consulate, but because of his connections at the Interior ministry was able to get a waver.  I don't have any connections 5555.  Any suggestions?

Are you working with sb in bkk? 

My friend applied around nov 2020 and already finished the NIA  interview didn't mention any problems 

14 hours ago, yankee99 said:

Are you working with sb in bkk? 

My friend applied around nov 2020 and already finished the NIA  interview didn't mention any problems 

No I'm working with SB in Chiang Mai.  Thank you that is encouraging I just need to find out what people are doing to get around the embassy's not signing the renunciation letter.  That's pretty quick I think things might take longer up here in Chiang Mai 5555.

If I can't find a way out of this here in Chiang Mai then I will try my luck at the embassy where there's a lot more officials and some may not know or care about the official policy about renunciation letters.

Edited by THAIJAMES

21 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

No I'm working with SB in Chiang Mai.  Thank you that is encouraging I just need to find out what people are doing to get around the embassy's not signing the renunciation letter.  That's pretty quick I think things might take longer up here in Chiang Mai 5555.

If I can't find a way out of this here in Chiang Mai then I will try my luck at the embassy where there's a lot more officials and some may not know or care about the official policy about renunciation letters.

Hi mate. If I remember correctly, you are I were on the same PR batch which was approved in 2015. You have already launched your citizenship application?

On 3/6/2021 at 7:37 AM, david143 said:

Brother is this list ? of after interviews from MOI.

The list was sent to my wife by the wife of someone who went through the same MOI  interview process about 4 months ago. It is a two page list of names in Thai and nationality and is supposed to be the list of those who passed their interviews. It contains no other information. I know no more about the origin or validity so cannot vouch for it. Although it would be odd for someone to fake it. My name and nationality were on the list. To date I have not received any notification.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, qualtrough said:

The list was sent to my wife by the wife of someone who went through the same MOI  interview process about 4 months ago. It is a two page list of names in Thai and nationality and is supposed to be the list of those who passed their interviews. It contains no other information. I know no more about the origin or validity so cannot vouch for it. Although it would be odd for someone to fake it. My name and nationality were on the list. To date I have not received any notification.

I've seen a similar list but it wasn't who passed moi. Its the list whos names/files have been sent to the moi. 

On 3/5/2021 at 6:54 PM, onthemoon said:

I nearly had a fit of uncontrollable giggles while I was singing and watching them all solemnly staring back at me. I wonder if they'd fail people for that?

On 3/10/2021 at 11:12 AM, david143 said:

Due to RG For Men Candidates still not published , yesterday i had extend my Non O-

Hi David, did you extend by 2 months or by a year? If by 2 months, what documents were required?

7 minutes ago, kst said:

Hi David, did you extend by 2 months or by a year? If by 2 months, what documents were required?

hi brother.
No i don't use Covid Visa, i extend my Non O visa .
It will expire on 12 march 2021 , but i already extended on 9 March 2021.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, sas_cars said:

Hi mate. If I remember correctly, you are I were on the same PR batch which was approved in 2015. You have already launched your citizenship applica

It's been 6 years. I should have all the documents ready in about a month and submit then.

Edited by THAIJAMES

10 hours ago, qualtrough said:

Tatler article about five expats who became Thai citizens. Funny thing is, if you read it you will find that only three have competed the process.

https://www.thailandtatler.com/society/another-country

I dont think these 5 are a representation of the average applicant at least not from what i observed at the moi and SB

• Like 1