Jump to content
BANGKOK 25 June 2019 00:52
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, roulax said:

Thank you to all for your answers.I know that I will have to get all documents by myself.

 

 I am just looking at a facilitator in BKK as I have no time to take days and days off to take care of this, as I am based in Rayong.

I just wanted to have someone to facilitate the gathering of documents, get there at SB on the day of application and maybe support in case any additional were missing first.

I would like to avoid to make several trips to the SB because small documents are missing every time, this is why I am looking at this kind of service.

You are going to have to come to Bangkok to get your documents anyway as you can't authorize others to get them for you (assuming you are based on a house registration in Bangkok). Also, the interviews with SB and NIA are in Bangkok too and the final interview before the main committee is in Pathumthani. So even if you hire someone, you will still need to come and do most of the work yourself. Perhaps they could do the translation stuff for you. But you are being scammed if they are charging 0.5m Baht. 

 

BTW SB will give you a list of all the documents you need. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roulax said:

Thank you to all for your answers.I know that I will have to get all documents by myself.

 

 I am just looking at a facilitator in BKK as I have no time to take days and days off to take care of this, as I am based in Rayong.

I just wanted to have someone to facilitate the gathering of documents, get there at SB on the day of application and maybe support in case any additional were missing first.

I would like to avoid to make several trips to the SB because small documents are missing every time, this is why I am looking at this kind of service.

I thought that I was too busy and worried about time taken off, and I live 7 hours drive away.

The last time I went to Bangkok was for the NIA interview 15 months ago and on a Saturday! Before that, I only had to go about 5 times in total. It's not that many days of work.

Hopefully only 3 more days to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI
This month there will be no Interview Meeting, due to MOI is busy in Coronation for King , which will held on 6 May 2562.

Lets wait for next month.

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 11:01 AM, roulax said:

Could anyone advise on a lawyer/attorney which could support for the application process for a decent fee?

I had contacted one in the past but the fee was around 0.5MTHB which seems extremely high to me.

All a lawyer will do is ask you to attend the same interviews and fill in the same forms as Special Branch would have requested of you directly. Lawyers simply don't have experience in this and will add less than zero value, perhaps confusing and forgetting things.

 

A total waste of money if ever there was one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI
My friend got his Citizenship Certificate yesterday by SB.
03 April named listed in royal gazette
24 April Received his Citizenship Certificate.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All a lawyer will do is ask you to attend the same interviews and fill in the same forms as Special Branch would have requested of you directly. Lawyers simply don't have experience in this and will add less than zero value, perhaps confusing and forgetting things.
 
A total waste of money if ever there was one.


Agreed


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 1:08 PM, Arkady said:

Actually nothing to do with Immigration which is not involved with the citizenship process in any way. The legal situation is, in fact, quite different. The 1975 Immigration Act is distinctly lacking in detail but provides for details to be filled in via National Police Orders which have the force of law. That means that Immigration procedures can be changed at the drop of hat. In fact nearly all the types of visa that exist today apart from tourist visas and permanent residence have been added via police orders without the need to amend the Immigration Act.

 

In contrast the 1965 Nationality Act has a lot more detail and can only be amended through acts of parliament. 

Thank you.  Very interesting and useful insight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 April 2562 
Meeting Held for Requesting Thai Nationality Candidates.

 

 

Thanks

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, david143 said:

26 April 2562 
Meeting Held for Requesting Thai Nationality Candidates.

 

 

Thanks

 

At the MOI? Did you hear if there will be one in May?

Edited by Neeranam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone used the Thai name when getting citizenship?

Was it easier than keeping your original one?

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Would it make things difficult to get money from abroad?

Would it affect me getting a new British passport?

Could it cause me grief at immigration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

At the MOI? Did you hear if there will be one in May?

Meeting held every month 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, Neeranam said:

Has anyone used the Thai name when getting citizenship?

Was it easier than keeping your original one?

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Would it make things difficult to get money from abroad?

Would it affect me getting a new British passport?

Could it cause me grief at immigration?

Below is my personal view and should not be taken as anything else than that:

 

I wouldn't recommend this unless you want in a certain way to enjoy a new life (new identity) and for me this is suitable to people who keep low-to-no economic connections with their country of origin. The reason why I'm saying (or feeling) this is because I foresee some drawbacks such as:
- If you country of origin requires you certified evidence of taxes paid or not paid and any kind of document that requires to have your original name and a stamp from a Thai administration...  it would be weird and difficult to get this done I think.

- Frequency of travel. In case the electronic gate is not working, Thai immigration officers will expect a boarding pass with your new name, so you must register the ticket to the new name... which is not the name on the password of your country of destination... IMO this mismatch can potentially create you trouble in airport transits where they usually expect a visa to the destination for that name. BTW I wonder how officials really react with a person who has two passport with two identities.

 

I know some people have done this but to me frequent travelers and people who keep strong economic (banking, business, tax...) connections on both sides should rather play it safe and use the transliterated name as Thai name. Just my view.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Below is my personal view and should not be taken as anything else than that:

 

I wouldn't recommend this unless you want in a certain way to enjoy a new life (new identity) and for me this is suitable to people who keep low-to-no economic connections with their country of origin. The reason why I'm saying (or feeling) this is because I foresee some drawbacks such as:
- If you country of origin requires you certified evidence of taxes paid or not paid and any kind of document that requires to have your original name and a stamp from a Thai administration...  it would be weird and difficult to get this done I think.

- Frequency of travel. In case the electronic gate is not working, Thai immigration officers will expect a boarding pass with your new name, so you must register the ticket to the new name... which is not the name on the password of your country of destination... IMO this mismatch can potentially create you trouble in airport transits where they usually expect a visa to the destination for that name. BTW I wonder how officials really react with a person who has two passport with two identities.

 

I know some people have done this but to me frequent travelers and people who keep strong economic (banking, business, tax...) connections on both sides should rather play it safe and use the transliterated name as Thai name. Just my view.

 

I believe some countries do not allow their citizens to use different identities, so if you registered your new Thai name and your id card and passport were issued in your Thai name, you would also be required to change your name accordingly in your home country.  If you are happy with changing your name in your home country too then it should not be a problem. I retained my original name so it is a none issue for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GarryP said:

I believe some countries do not allow their citizens to use different identities, so if you registered your new Thai name and your id card and passport were issued in your Thai name, you would also be required to change your name accordingly in your home country.  If you are happy with changing your name in your home country too then it should not be a problem. I retained my original name so it is a none issue for me. 

At which stage of the process are you asked to choose which name you are going to use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

At which stage of the process are you asked to choose which name you are going to use?

I just reserved the names but after that was never asked whether I would use them. Everything just carried on under my original name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...