BANGKOK
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

1 minute ago, cmsally said:

In that case it would be about 12 months for me. So I guess I have at least another 6 months to wait.

yes , 18 to 22 months are standard wait time. lets hope OCT - or NOV.

for me i still not reach 12 months, i am also expecting end of year OR next year starting.

Good luck

• Like 1

Businessman my wife taught towards his citizenship process a few years ago was asked for 500k baht for his passport, when he declined they came back a few months later and said he could still get it but the price was now 700k. He did not bother, I wondered if it was common practice.

Let me guess: this demand came through a lawyer or some other intermediary, right?

The answer is NO, absolutely not: qualified individuals do not need to pay anyone off the be naturalized!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

Let me guess: this demand came through a lawyer or some other intermediary, right?

The answer is NO, absolutely not: qualified individuals do not need to pay anyone off the be naturalized!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

exactly i think, once you have Thai ID card, you don't need any lawyer anymore, just go straight for Passport.

You don’t need a lawyer, period! Stop with the lawyers already!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, david143 said:

Time Period starts when your documents send to MOI [...] normally we heard 18 to 22 months wait.

Not by my calculation. From applicants who reported recently I have 14 months on average (this is an average, for the range I get [6-22] months). Funnily, I'm at 14 months exactly after my documents were sent, and waiting for MOI.

Now if you're right, one thing could explain that and it would be that several persons who reported the 5-9 months waiting time could actually be female applicants, while those who were on the 15-22 interval would be male applicants. Not sure about that but it's a possibility - aliases do not always tell who's behind. 

Edited by GabbaGabbaHey
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Not by my calculation. From applicants who reported recently I have 14 months on average (this is an average, for the range I get [6-22] months). Funnily, I'm at 14 months exactly after my documents were sent, and waiting for MOI.

Now if you're right, one thing could explain that and it would be that several persons who reported the 5-9 months waiting time could actually be female applicants, while those who were on the 15-22 interval would be male applicants. Not sure about that but it's a possibility - aliases do not always tell who's behind. 

Female Applicants 4 to 9 Months,.

Male Applicants, 18 to 22 Months,.
you can see in RG every month Female Candidates name announced who are married to Thai husband.

Female applicants always get faster.

there was no Meeting Held in May 2019 until last friday.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:13 AM, david143 said:

there was no Meeting Held in May 2019 until last friday.

So there was a meeting in May(on the 24th), and there has been every month this year, despite what some said about there not being because of the election and Coronation. Looks like things are going much faster than before, when many months are missed d due to budgets.

Good luck to all waiting. 

Has anyone phoned them to check where they are in the queue?

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So there was a meeting in May(on the 24th), and there has been every month this year, despite what some said about there not being because of the election and Coronation. Looks like things are going much faster than before, when many months are missed d due to budgets.

no meeting was held on 24 May.
i don't know yet if today have meeting.
i already give you numbers of MOI .

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Yes my wife called a few days ago. They said based on the date SB submitted my docs to moi my interview would be this year. They did not look my name up just the date we gave them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

Yes my wife called a few days ago. They said based on the date SB submitted my docs to moi my interview would be this year. They did not look my name up just the date we gave them

Sorry bothering you

When your documents were send to MOI.

12 minutes ago, david143 said:

Sorry bothering you

When your documents were send to MOI.

July 7 2018

29 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

July 7 2018

thank  you mine was sent on 10August 2018

Hope to see you in same batch.

27 minutes ago, Barty said:

I attended the MOI interview on the 24th of May. There were about 30 or so applicants there of which 18 were applying under marriage to a Thai wife.

Do you have an idea of the date or month SB sent your application to MOI?