BANGKOK 16 July 2019 10:56
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Good news that General Anupong Paojinda will remain as interior minister. Therefore, hopefully no setbacks in the citizenship process.

As much as I now hate the junta/military establishment, I must acknowledge that they did a great job in cleaning up the process for citizenship. So, yes, it is a good thing that the General will remain in control of the Ministry of the Interior.  

• Like 2

As much as I now hate the junta/military establishment, I must acknowledge that they did a great job in cleaning up the process for citizenship. So, yes, it is a good thing that the General will remain in control of the Ministry of the Interior.  

Being selfish here - pre junta was non stop chaos for years and it was not safe down town. Also Yingluk el-al Poo pooed the process for citizenship

After junta came in, Thailand is stable and I got my citz. So my selfish self says OK!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Doesn’t it grind ur gears.... property agent asked me to bring my passport to land department ( buying a property ) even though she knew I had a Thai ID. Just can’t remove the villager out of some people

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, skippybangkok said:

Doesn’t it grind ur gears.... property agent asked me to bring my passport to land department ( buying a property ) even though she knew I had a Thai ID. Just can’t remove the villager out of some people

not surprising, Pruksa tried to sell me a house even though I do not have Thai citizenship yet. Most Thais are clueless about their laws.

So, anyone attend meeting this month or not yet.

4 hours ago, david143 said:

"Jay yen yen" mate, according to statistics you can expect to be called somewhere next year. As it's been said earlier "a watched pot never boils"... 

• Like 1

Ok brother
I m chai yen yen

"Jay yen yen" mate, according to statistics you can expect to be called somewhere next year. As it's been said earlier "a watched pot never boils"... 

Sent from my SM-N910C using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, david143 said:

Seems to be a Friday nowadays. Maybe one this Friday, 28 th?

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 6:38 PM, skippybangkok said:

When we applied for a home loan, UOB asked my (naturalised Thai) wife for her work permit. You can’t make this stuff up. 

Ps. I hope you took the bumpkin your Thai passport. 

Edited by samran

When we applied for a home loan, UOB asked my (naturalised Thai) wife for her work permit. You can’t make this stuff up. 

Ps. I hope you took the bumpkin your Thai passport. 

Nah, asked the real estate agent and the seller to also bring their passport too - they were somewhat miffed

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Another batch announced on June 13, this batch was all female.

So I guess they are still working in there and the wheels still rolling!

• Like 1

I am getting my documents together and have a question about the letter from the bank:

1.) Does it have to be in a certain format? Technically, I could just print out the statement as it shows how much money is in the account but I don't know whether they'll accept that.

2.) Does it have to be a savings account or can I show my LTF?

3.) I use BBL. If I have to get an actual letter, can I go to any branch or does it have to be the branch where I have the account?

Thanks in advance to the experts. 

1 hour ago, onthemoon said:

I am getting my documents together and have a question about the letter from the bank:

1.) Does it have to be in a certain format? Technically, I could just print out the statement as it shows how much money is in the account but I don't know whether they'll accept that.

2.) Does it have to be a savings account or can I show my LTF?

3.) I use BBL. If I have to get an actual letter, can I go to any branch or does it have to be the branch where I have the account?

Thanks in advance to the experts. 

I'm not certain if there are specific requirements, but I will tell you what I did that worked:

1. Get a letter that certifies the balance in your bank account.  I actually brought them a statement and they didn't care about it.  The official letter the bank will give you for immigration is exactly the same thing.  I don't believe that they will allow you to put a special name in the TO: area of the letter, but in my case SB didn't care

2. Not sure, I only gave them details about my savings account

3. Finally BBL changed their policy and for the past 3 years you can get a letter certifying your ownership of an account and the balance at ANY Bangkok Bank branch.

58 minutes ago, khongaeng said:

I'm not certain if there are specific requirements, but I will tell you what I did that worked:

1. Get a letter that certifies the balance in your bank account.  I actually brought them a statement and they didn't care about it.  The official letter the bank will give you for immigration is exactly the same thing.  I don't believe that they will allow you to put a special name in the TO: area of the letter, but in my case SB didn't care

2. Not sure, I only gave them details about my savings account

3. Finally BBL changed their policy and for the past 3 years you can get a letter certifying your ownership of an account and the balance at ANY Bangkok Bank branch.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm just afraid my little BBL branch over here doesn't know what letter to write, but they might have their internal standard certification letter. Since you say SB accepted it, I'll try that first.