Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

54 minutes ago, Marcati said:

Funny enough, we got a message from SB 3 hours ago that everyone on the latest list from the Palace has finished swearing in and all paperwork being prepared to send to Anutin for signature and then publication.

Great

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, rsskga said:

To clarify, are all 2019 applicants still waiting for their MOI interview, or an unlucky subset of them? Thanks.

Davids friend from Dec 2019 batch still waiting,

@saakura and @onthemoon and others from early 2020 still waiting.

Nothing lucky or unlucky.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I called again recently to check up on the status of my application, as I haven't heard anything for a while. Apparently, the process has changed. That's why there have not been any interviews for 5 months or so. They are waiting for the new implementation instructions from the ministry before they can proceed. So, no new interviews until then.

What surprises me a bit is that the new regulations (whatever they may be) also apply for applications that are already in process. Does anybody have any more info?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 6:35 PM, DrJoy said:

Thanks for the update.

They maybe referring to the new amendment which Gen. O cha made around 2022

I will try to get more info and update here.

Good Luck, Man!

Sincerely!

I would opt for Thai citizenship, if I could have dual citizenship....but....it seems to be such a long....

Row to hoe.

Good Luck.

Sincere best wishes for your success, Man!

Note:  Seemingly, too few try for this.  Maybe, they think it's just completely out of their reach.  Good Luck!

I would do it, in a heartbeat....if I thought I could.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Good Luck, Man!

Sincerely!

I would opt for Thai citizenship, if I could have dual citizenship....but....it seems to be such a long....

Row to hoe.

Good Luck.

Sincere best wishes for your success, Man!

Note:  Seemingly, too few try for this.  Maybe, they think it's just completely out of their reach.  Good Luck!

I would do it, in a heartbeat....if I thought I could.

Dual citizenship very much depends on the country you are from. I believe Denmark, Japan, South Korea and quite a few others do not allow dual citizenship. However, many countries do, including the UK, Australia, pretty much any Commonwealth country, USA, etc.

I thought it was out of my reach and there was no way in hell that I would qualify. However, a poster on this thread (he knows who he is) suggested that I check with Special Branch first before giving up and I will be eternally grateful for that, because, low and behold, I did actually qualify and now have a Thai ID card and passport. I would suggest you do the same, if you are from a country that allows dual citizenship. In my case, even if my home country did not allow dual citizenship, I would have been willing to give it up. I've been here for 41 years and it is my home.