BANGKOK
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

On 9/27/2019 at 10:01 PM, echrist said:

Anyone have any idea on what would happen if I never canceled the visa? Would it show me as overstaying my visa? 

I can't  think of any sitiation when you would have to show your original passport in Thailand, apart from to airlines. Best to cancel it, I guess, as there may be a fine if ever caught.

New List posted on the RG today but seems like this one is for the wives , strangely the last list posted in August was for wives as well, strangely the usual sequence that ive noticed is the Men's list is posted before the womens list each time they are published, there's a gap of around 1 week between them, however this time its different as the women's list has been published first

Edited by danielcondo
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, Neeranam said:

I can't  think of any sitiation when you would have to show your original passport in Thailand, apart from to airlines. Best to cancel it, I guess, as there may be a fine if ever caught.

My friend just got her Thai citizenship and decided to let go her Indian passport.  She need to travel to India to settle her property and paperwork and return her passport to the authority in Delhi.

The question: can she go out from Thailand using her Indian passport and return back to Thailand using her Thai passport.  She won’t have her Indian Passport anymore by then.  Thank you for your kind advice.

8 hours ago, Andre168 said:

The question: can she go out from Thailand using her Indian passport and return back to Thailand using her Thai passport.

Yes she can.

But not sure about leaving India without a passport showing a entry to there in her Thai passport.

8 hours ago, Andre168 said:

She need to travel to India to settle her property and paperwork and return her passport to the authority in Delhi.

Mail it to them!

Fees: I paid just over THB 5,000 when they accepted my application. What other fees can I expect?

• Like 1

When becoming a Thai citizen, do you cancel your Social Security insurance? Can you join the 30 baht health scheme?

On 11/12/2019 at 10:51 PM, onthemoon said:

Fees: I paid just over THB 5,000 when they accepted my application. What other fees can I expect?

Nothing near that, as far as I know.  Maybe 100, 200 baht here and there.

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Nothing near that, as far as I know.  Maybe 100, 200 baht here and there.

Thanks for the info. 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

When becoming a Thai citizen, do you cancel your Social Security insurance? Can you join the 30 baht health scheme?

yes, naturalized Thais qualify for it. Just need your Thai ID and house registration book to apply. 

On 11/12/2019 at 10:51 PM, onthemoon said:

500 baht for the certificate of citizenship. Besides that, I don't recall any additional fees. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, echrist said:

500 baht for the certificate of citizenship. Besides that, I don't recall any additional fees. 

Could you get more than one? I've heard that can be useful.

3 hours ago, echrist said:

yes, naturalized Thais qualify for it. Just need your Thai ID and house registration book to apply. 

So the 432 baht for social security is no use?