Jump to content

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Medinitas said:

I had thought about losing my nationality (since it is one of the requirements to apply to Thai citizenship), but after 3 years I'll recover it again.

You only have to do a statement that you will renounce your existing nationality when you apply for Thai nationality. You do not have to actually do it after you get Thai nationality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All, For those who are interested, the application process for Thai Citizenship in my case went as follows: Late 2003 - Picked up the checklist from the Police Headquarters on Rama 1 Road Janu

Not sure why you chose to go through all this humiliation ! But you obviously had your reasons ! If you are from Africa or the Indian Sub-Continent or such, then Thai citizenship may be regarded as u

Loads of names published in the RG today and I am one them! Exactly 3 months to the day since taking the oath 😀

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only have to do a statement that you will renounce your existing nationality when you apply for Thai nationality. You do not have to actually do it after you get Thai nationality. 

But, does this statement have to be sealed and signed by the embassy of my country? how can i do it? Can my embassy get me in trouble?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Medinitas said:

But, does this statement have to be sealed and signed by the embassy of my country? how can i do it? Can my embassy get me in trouble?

Your statement has to witnessed by your embassy. It is just a statement of intent so it should not be a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Medinitas said:

I guess, it must be a statement written in Thai right?

I am sure it will need to be in Spanish. Then you have to have it translated to Thai and then have it certified by the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure it will need to be in Spanish. Then you have to have it translated to Thai and then have it certified by the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.

I had mine translated but did not have to have it certified by the Dept. of Consular Affairs. I handed in the original and the translation. Actually, none of my translated documents had to be certified, which was surprising. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, echrist said:

I had mine translated but did not have to have it certified by the Dept. of Consular Affairs. I handed in the original and the translation. Actually, none of my translated documents had to be certified, which was surprising. 

in Spanish?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, Tylor said:

Just a quick update , Already got my ID in hand, managed to get the documents for SB and the Khet luckily didn't give me too much trouble 👍 however this is not the usual case, the papers at SB 99% of the time take 2 weeks to complete and the Khet usually gives appointments around 9-14 days from when you submit your papers to make an ID card.

 

Good luck to everyone else in process 

Congratulations!

So you mean that your name was on the royal Gazette you had to wait 2 weeks to get the papers from SB?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Congratulations!

So you mean that your name was on the royal Gazette you had to wait 2 weeks to get the papers from SB?

I think he's referring to the final step in the process - submitting the papers (certificate of naturalisation and copy of the Gazette) to the ampher. A lot of ampher staff are completely unfamiliar with the procedure to change your nationality in their system and give you an ID card.

 

I was told by some very confused looking ampher staff that they'd 'let me know when they'd figured it out'. Impatient as I was to get the final step done, I changed my address to a Klong San ampher (where my then girlfriend lived), and they did it on the spot, with some very helpful prompting from the SB staff.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...