BANGKOK
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

1 hour ago, Barty said:

The Special Branch officer just sent a line message to my wife showing that my name was published in the Royal Gazette yesterday.

Awesome, great news! Congratulations. 

@barty

it will miracle if our name printed in RG , SOCIAL DISTANCE > 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 12:08 PM, Barty said:

The Special Branch officer just sent a line message to my wife showing that my name was published in the Royal Gazette yesterday.

Congrats!

Does anyone know if the Oath is typically done individually or is it normally done with a group of people, meaning do they do one Oath per day or do they schedule a few people at different times (or the same time) on the same day?  I'm curious from the perspective of those who are waiting to take the oath, and whether the disrupted working schedule of the SB will be impacted.  If Oaths are done one per day normally, then hopefully Covid-19 will not disrupt this process continuing normally.  

On 4/6/2020 at 12:03 AM, khongaeng said:

Does anyone know if the Oath is typically done individually or is it normally done with a group of people, meaning do they do one Oath per day or do they schedule a few people at different times (or the same time) on the same day?  I'm curious from the perspective of those who are waiting to take the oath, and whether the disrupted working schedule of the SB will be impacted.  If Oaths are done one per day normally, then hopefully Covid-19 will not disrupt this process continuing normally.  

when i did mine, i didnt see any other candidates waiting before or after i had finished, but i was probably only there for a total of 20 minutes. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 12:03 AM, khongaeng said:

I believe they are done in batches, but each person has a time and goes into the room to do it individually. 

Not all are from Bangkok, so due to travel restrictions can't do it. Anyway, there are many who are waiting for their application to be finalized by His Royal Highness, the King. 

• Like 2

Brother what about those who live in Bangkok like me like you and others.

OR they need to be choose those who registered  Application was in Bangkok

22 hours ago, david143 said:

Brother what about those who live in Bangkok like me like you and others.

OR they need to be choose those who registered  Application was in Bangkok

My housebook is in Bangkok but I don't live there.

However, if summoned for the Oath, surely that is a good reason to travel from another province.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Barty said:

Received a letter in the mail from the Ministry of Interior today stating that as of the 1st of April I am a Thai citizen. It specified that I must go to the Special Branch police, pay 500 Baht, and pick up some documents. Those documents will be used to transfer my name into the blue house registration book and then get my Thai ID card. I have 60 days from the 1st of April to complete this.

Congratulations!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barty said:

Received a letter in the mail from the Ministry of Interior today stating that as of the 1st of April I am a Thai citizen. It specified that I must go to the Special Branch police, pay 500 Baht, and pick up some documents. Those documents will be used to transfer my name into the blue house registration book and then get my Thai ID card. I have 60 days from the 1st of April to complete this.

Congratulations! How long did it take, counting from the MOI interview?

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 7:56 AM, onthemoon said:

Congratulations! How long did it take, counting from the MOI interview?

About 10 months, if my memory is correct. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

About 10 months, if my memory is correct. 

Thanks, faster than I thought it would take.

• Like 1