Jump to content
BANGKOK
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

I still recommend to call MOI regularly 6+ months after you had the interview to know if your application is ok and has been sent to the palace for signature. In my case, the last time I called them they could confirm that all batches before mine had already been countersigned by the King and I was thus on the next batch. This can avoid the situation reported by some applicants in this forum where they waited for long time until they called MOI and discovered there was a problem in their application that had not been proactively communicated to them. 

Brother my interview was on 17 december 2019

i called MOI on 7 feb 2020 , and staff informed me that your documents has been approved from DOPA MOI committee on 4 Feb and has been forward to Minister office and then for King office, i called back again in April and staff informed application is in King office for Counter sign. and NOW from Apr , may , june ( as i called yesterday ) it was same reply from staff that application is still in King office. it took 6 month to 1 year for Counter Sign. FYI

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, david143 said:

Brother my interview was on 17 december 2019

i called MOI on 7 feb 2020 , and staff informed me that your documents has been approved from DOPA MOI committee on 4 Feb and has been forward to Minister office and then for King office, i called back again in April and staff informed application is in King office for Counter sign. and NOW from Apr , may , june ( as i called yesterday ) it was same reply from staff that application is still in King office. it took 6 month to 1 year for Counter Sign. FYI

I think you forget the step of Prime Minister signature which is required before the palace, which adds time. Perhaps you also forget that there are batches of applicants ahead of you, so the question is not when your file goes to the palace, it is how many batches are there before you... at the moment I'd assume there is one of them (Sep-Oct 2019 MOI interviewed people) and then Nov-Dec 2019 is your batch. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

I think you forget the step of Prime Minister signature which is required before the palace, which adds time. Perhaps you also forget that there are batches of applicants ahead of you, so the question is not when your file goes to the palace, it is how many batches are there before you... at the moment I'd assume there is one of them (Sep-Oct 2019 MOI interviewed people) and then Nov-Dec 2019 is your batch. 

thanks for clearing brother,

so nice of you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

It is SB > NIA > MOI. However the MOI interview is handled by DOPA (to be precise, by BORA at DOPA). "BORA" being the Bureau of Registration Affairs. The little pink ID is issued by DOPA.

 

https://www.bora.dopa.go.th/index.php/th/contact

 

The BORA is located in Lamlukka. Huge mostly empty building with masses of car parking.

 

432035134_ScreenShot2020-06-18at11_50_35.jpg.19e1b825243981bee30b460f84cc5e8b.jpg

Thank you. So BORA & DOPA must be under MOI ... a bit confusing but i will look it up on the web. Once again, thank you so much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


FYI
new list for Male Applicant approval still not upload in RG.
last updated was 11 June 2020 for Female Applicants.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, david143 said:

new list for Male Applicant approval still not upload in RG.

I estimate it will come around Mid July.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might not be useful to most people , but just wanted to ask, I am eyeing for a job that provides a Non immigrant "F" visa. Is this visa even eligible for PR/Citizenship? , Currently struggling to make the minimum points in my current job. So thinking of a switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Smokegreynblues said:

This might not be useful to most people , but just wanted to ask, I am eyeing for a job that provides a Non immigrant "F" visa. Is this visa even eligible for PR/Citizenship? , Currently struggling to make the minimum points in my current job. So thinking of a switch.

More knowledgable members will soon correct me if i am wrong, but i dont see any problem with the non-immigrant F visa if you have a proper Work Permit and have been paying taxes for a certain number of years (3yrs for a PR if i remember correctly) and have a salary over the required threshold. Look up in a separate pinned thread on getting PR. After being on PR for 5yrs, you can apply for citizenship. Rules are different if married to a Thai citizen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, saakura said:

More knowledgable members will soon correct me if i am wrong, but i dont see any problem with the non-immigrant F visa if you have a proper Work Permit and have been paying taxes for a certain number of years (3yrs for a PR if i remember correctly) and have a salary over the required threshold. Look up in a separate pinned thread on getting PR. After being on PR for 5yrs, you can apply for citizenship. Rules are different if married to a Thai citizen.

I don't claim to be more knowledgeable, but I have friends you have an F-Visa. They are diplomats and tell me that you don't need any work permit on an F-visa. I also don''t think that they have to pay income taxes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SB passed my documents on to MOI a few months ago. While I am aware it will take 6-18 months (at least according to postings on this forum) before they contact me for the interview, I would like to call MOI and ask whether they received everything in order, just to make sure I am in the queue. 

 

Does anybody have a direct phone number I can call? Is there a specific ref number I should mention, or just my name and the month SB sent them my docs? (I believe they send only one batch per month.)

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, onthemoon said:

SB passed my documents on to MOI a few months ago. While I am aware it will take 6-18 months (at least according to postings on this forum) before they contact me for the interview, I would like to call MOI and ask whether they received everything in order, just to make sure I am in the queue. 

 

Does anybody have a direct phone number I can call? Is there a specific ref number I should mention, or just my name and the month SB sent them my docs? (I believe they send only one batch per month.)

 

Thanks.

Your SB contact has the number and your name and the date it was submitted is all you need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

Your SB contact has the number and your name and the date it was submitted is all you need

Got it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onthemoon said:

Got it. Thanks.

027917332
BORA ( MOI )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, david143 said:

027917332
BORA ( MOI )

Thanks. What does BORA stand for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...