Jump to content
BANGKOK
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

Recommended Posts

If the students' awakening keeps the gov't busy, there will be more and longer naturalization delays. Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 1:45 PM, heiri007 said:

If the students' awakening keeps the gov't busy, there will be more and longer naturalization delays. Anyone?

Historically the Thai bureaucracy keeps chugging along despite the occasional coup or civil unrest. Having said that, if there is a real upsetting of the current system that could certainly change the situation. Particularly if the person needed to finally sign off on applications is no longer around or too worried about things more important than signing off on new citizenship applications. The latter is a distinct possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, qualtrough said:

Historically the Thai bureaucracy keeps chugging along despite the occasional coup or civil unrest. Having said that, if there is a real upsetting of the current system that could certainly change the situation. Particularly if the person needed to finally sign off on applications is no longer around or too worried about things more important than signing off on new citizenship applications. The latter is a distinct possibility.

Question being, does the office sign? Everything published in the RG needs signing. That's a mountain of paperwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if talk about Citizenship.
Signatures already done From H.M , PM, Minister MOI, Applicant done the Oath too, file send back to MOI in Printing RG department, rest is don't need any signatures.
if you notice in RG publications there are no signatures on RG, only Mentioned Minister of Interior Gen. Anupong
พลเอก อนพงษ เผาจนดา
ฐมนตราการกระทรวงมหาดไทย

But for those who done MOI and waiting next step, if current situation sparked and things dramatically change, which is i don't believe it will change, but lets say I.E yes then only Ministers will change, and it will add up more time for signatures. 
But since this Govt they are at least very efficient in Processing Citizenship applications.
Every month Meetings, every 2 month RG.
Cheers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know for what kind of administrative paper the three SB-signed RG copies are requested? I already gave one to my district for the preparation of the ID issuance, I assume the passport division could require one (just assuming) and I'd like to know if it'll be required for cancelling WP/PR? for buying land or house? for changing province of residence? for changing marital status?... I have no clue but would be happy to get any information on this. BTW did anyone ever had to go back to SB to get more of these RG-signed copies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Does anyone know for what kind of administrative paper the three SB-signed RG copies are requested? I already gave one to my district for the preparation of the ID issuance, I assume the passport division could require one (just assuming) and I'd like to know if it'll be required for cancelling WP/PR? for buying land or house? for changing province of residence? for changing marital status?... I have no clue but would be happy to get any information on this. BTW did anyone ever had to go back to SB to get more of these RG-signed copies?

You are correct on your assumption about the three signed originals of the RG letter which SB gives us.

1st- To Amphur where yellow book is registered to cancel yellow book, enter me in blue/Thai housebook and issue Thai ID .

2nd- To passport office to issue Thai passport.

3rd- still in my possession after almost 2 years.

 

iirc, I showed a copy of the letter to immigration when cancelling my visa, but they gave it back to me. I did not want to give away the last one! However, as we are legally and officially naturalized Thai citizens, only Thai ID and housebook should be required for any future beauracratic dealings.

 

Congrats!

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 6:54 AM, yankee99 said:

My sb officer suggested i change my yellow book before the oath so all papers would go to my home amphur. Hope it doesn't add a month to my id card

SB certainly should know better than I! The goal is to get the letter sent from MOI directly to the correct Amphur where your yellow book is registered. The house owner will need to visit the amphur with you and sign.

 

In my case the house owner my yellow book was on changed and we did not know the new (condo building) owner. At that point, we changed to another province and MOI had to send a new letter to the new Amphur, where TW was the house owner. Thus, a month delay, but easily within the 90 days to process the Thai ID.

 

(It was a bit stressful as I never knew of the existence of such a letter and I was slow to understand what was going on!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Does anyone know for what kind of administrative paper the three SB-signed RG copies are requested? I already gave one to my district for the preparation of the ID issuance, I assume the passport division could require one (just assuming) and I'd like to know if it'll be required for cancelling WP/PR? for buying land or house? for changing province of residence? for changing marital status?... I have no clue but would be happy to get any information on this. BTW did anyone ever had to go back to SB to get more of these RG-signed copies?

I always take it with me when I am going to do something out of the ordinary, such as buy a house or buy land. It really depends on the Land Department Office you are dealing with as to whether they will want/need to see it. I took it with me to the Land Department in Somdej, Kalasin, earlier this year as I had bought some land, and showed it to the official responsible for giving out queue numbers as she could not believe I was Thai despite the ID card showing that I was, but when she went to discuss the matter with her boss he said there was no real issue.   

 

I seem to recall showing it the first time I had all my bank accounts updated, but have never shown it since. For opening new bank and mutual fund accounts it has never been needed and I have been able to rely on my ID card. 

 

I will keep it out of harms way and away from insects though, as knowing my luck, as soon as it turns to dust it will be needed again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I always take it with me when I am going to do something out of the ordinary, such as buy a house or buy land. It really depends on the Land Department Office you are dealing with as to whether they will want/need to see it. I took it with me to the Land Department in Somdej, Kalasin, earlier this year as I had bought some land, and showed it to the official responsible for giving out queue numbers as she could not believe I was Thai despite the ID card showing that I was, but when she went to discuss the matter with her boss he said there was no real issue.   

 

I seem to recall showing it the first time I had all my bank accounts updated, but have never shown it since. For opening new bank and mutual fund accounts it has never been needed and I have been able to rely on my ID card. 

 

I will keep it out of harms way and away from insects though, as knowing my luck, as soon as it turns to dust it will be needed again. 

Thanks. In such case I'm going to give the first ones to the district and the passport office but I won't give the last one easily. After all, I don't see why other offices (such as bank, insurance, labour dpt, my employer...) would not accept a self-certified printed copy of the certified-copy 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Thanks. In such case I'm going to give the first ones to the district and the passport office but I won't give the last one easily. After all, I don't see why other offices (such as bank, insurance, labour dpt, my employer...) would not accept a self-certified printed copy of the certified-copy 🤗

Apart from the District Office, I haven't given an original to anyone. Certified true copies are fine. However, you may sometimes need to show the original too. You most definitely should retain one original for yourself.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GarryP said:

I will keep it out of harms way and away from insects though, as knowing my luck, as soon as it turns to dust it will be needed again. 

We have had birth certs, company docs, marriage cert, etc. laminated to protect them and have never had any problem with that from officials. This climate doesn't treat paper very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kwarium said:

You are correct on your assumption about the three signed originals of the RG letter which SB gives us.

1st- To Amphur where yellow book is registered to cancel yellow book, enter me in blue/Thai housebook and issue Thai ID .

2nd- To passport office to issue Thai passport.

3rd- still in my possession after almost 2 years.

 

iirc, I showed a copy of the letter to immigration when cancelling my visa, but they gave it back to me. I did not want to give away the last one! However, as we are legally and officially naturalized Thai citizens, only Thai ID and housebook should be required for any future beauracratic dealings.

 

Congrats!

 

 

 

Did you ask for the originals back from the Amphur and Passport office?

I'm going to tell them that I only have one and it's important to keep. 

I think I'll ask for extra copies from SB when the time comes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, qualtrough said:

We have had birth certs, company docs, marriage cert, etc. laminated to protect them and have never had any problem with that from officials. This climate doesn't treat paper very well.

That seems to work in Thailand, but all laminated official documents were rejected in the UK where they do not allow it due to potential forgery. I had to get a replacement birth certificate, and marriage certificate because I had laminated the originals. So I would say it is fine laminating Thai official documents, but not documents from other countries if you are going to use them overseas. You would need to check on a country by country basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 9:09 AM, Neeranam said:

Did you ask for the originals back from the Amphur and Passport office?

I'm going to tell them that I only have one and it's important to keep. 

I think I'll ask for extra copies from SB when the time comes. 

No, Amphur and passport office kept the originals. Wouldn’t want to impact their quota for gathering mountains of paper each month! Lol!

 

What do you anticipate needing extra official copies of the RG for? Btw, I have seen that a color photocopy is indistinguishable from the original copy. Not mine of course.

 

As far as laminating, I was concerned that the plastic would yellow and age before the paper of the original docs. Mine are in plastic sleeves in a dark ‘safe’ place, but not laminated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...