BANGKOK
dbrenn

Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

1 hour ago, david143 said:

Gabba Brother.
any assume for next RG,
you are senior with more experience lets just guess 🙂
Candidates are excited to see their names in RG 

Thanks david143. Just my assumption here but I'd expect one RG announcement for Women imminently, and for men one around Oct 15 and the next one around Dec 15.

• Like 2

Thank you so much .
Hope for best for everyone.

21 hours ago, david143 said:

I Check 3 times a day
sure i will update once new RG upload

Jai yen yen pee nong 🙂 

• Haha 1

Neeraman brother said Chai yin yin
so i am doing Chai yin yin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want one, and I will get one one day

I can't imagine how honorable I'd be when I get one

But I wonder since I am not good at speaking any language, would they be nice enough even though I might not be able to speak Thai so smoothly?

When I went to renew my work permit today, I told the official that I would be getting Thai Citizenship in the (hopefully) near future and asked whether I would need to do anything special when I become Thai.  The official told me that I need to come in to the office and officially cancel my work permit after I have my ID card, and gave me a packet of papers that need to be filled out to cancel the work permit.

In the past I recall many people saying they just let their work permit run its course until it expired on its own.  This was what I was planning to do as well, but now after getting this information from the official, I guess I will need to cancel both my Visa and Work Permit after obtaining citizenship.

I checked the RG site this morning...still no post for women or men....the wait continues...

• Like 2

its true we need to cancel the Workpermit and Visa.
i already prepared all documents in advance once RG and then ID i will go for cancel,
RG still not update i just checked again.

Neeraman brother what about your visa , as i remembered in October you need to Extend.

• Like 1

actually there must be some way to check with RG, like we check with BORA , or SBP.
its felt like you are in a dark tunnel walking walking and walking and still hoping for a light will appear 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david143 said:

actually there must be some way to check with RG, like we check with BORA , or SBP.
its felt like you are in a dark tunnel walking walking and walking and still hoping for a light will appear 😀

I believe someone who has a good contact at MOI could technically get the information of when the minister has signed the naturalization batch (very final step) then by deduction anticipate RG date which is 3-4 weeks after.

Good luck to all of you waiting! 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Here's my experience at the end of the tunnel: I got into RG publication on July 26th, picked my naturalization certificate 3 weeks after (30 min at SB), got ID card issued one week after (30 min to make appointment on the same day I got the certificate, full morning spent on the appointment day the week after), did my last ever visit to ChaengWattana to return PR book (30 minutes), a final visit to the police station to return my alien book (30 minutes) and last but not least I got my Thai passport (30 minutes, absolutely zero queue) mailed to me within three days. Since then I feel lighter, proud and relieved. The completion has been a wonderful experience... and amazing feeling that my new life has just started.
I wish to all of you in the pipe the same positive result. Good luck!

Congratulations! That must be a fantastic feeling. And thanks for the helpful timeline.

I worry that the current situation may eventually result in a delay in the citizenship granting process if the right people are not around to sign off on things. I understand that the system chugs along, but there is at least one key signature requirement that if lacking could cause a significant delay.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, qualtrough said:

Congratulations! That must be a fantastic feeling. And thanks for the helpful timeline.

I worry that the current situation may eventually result in a delay in the citizenship granting process if the right people are not around to sign off on things. I understand that the system chugs along, but there is at least one key signature requirement that if lacking could cause a significant delay.

Thank you. As for an hypothetical delay in coming naturalizations, maybe you know things that I'm not aware of, but I'd say this has not yet happened in the past 2-3 years so why worry? simply saying: there were oaths taken in April (including myself), in July and August (some in this forum), there will be at least one RG soon and probably even two -or three if there's one specific for women- by the end of the year. If anyone can confirm having taken the oath since September or by end November it would reassure everyone that things are really flowing normally. Conclusion: I personally don't see any reason to panic.

Edited by GabbaGabbaHey
  • Like 1