Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All, For those who are interested, the application process for Thai Citizenship in my case went as follows: Late 2003 - Picked up the checklist from the Police Headquarters on Rama 1 Road Janu

Loads of names published in the RG today and I am one them! Exactly 3 months to the day since taking the oath 😀

Not sure why you chose to go through all this humiliation ! But you obviously had your reasons ! If you are from Africa or the Indian Sub-Continent or such, then Thai citizenship may be regarded as u

Posted Images

PM insists he will not resign, saying he is not going to ‘abandon the country during crisis

I Hope we RG que members will get good news in RG Soon.
But in case of Gabba Brother he waited for 4 months

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, david143 said:

PM insists he will not resign, saying he is not going to ‘abandon the country during crisis

I Hope we RG que members will get good news in RG Soon.
But in case of Gabba Brother he waited for 4 months

Once you have taken the oath all you need is one final signature from the Interior Minister on your particular naturalization batch (in my case, he signed 3 month after) and then it will naturally get into the RG few weeks later.

• Like 1

one thing more, last updates of Thai Nationality interview was on 21 Sep 2020 and after that there is no news/updates regarding if MOI have meeting.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kwarium said:

Agreed! I decided to update everything, partly for convenience and not having to remember which accounts were under which nationality!

i updated:

-3 savings accounts

-joint account with wife

-3 credit cards (not done automatically when savings info updated!)

-bike and car driver licenses (needed to renew anyway)

-bike and car ownership books (2 needed new books anyway)

-bike and car insurance and info of record with my ins broker.

-Thai Revenue department

-registered with puyai bahn in the village of my address

-registered with nearest local gov’t clinic

-have yet to register with local hospital for the social health care.

Life is good!

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but my wait from oath to RG was 5-1/2 months, May to October 2018! Hoping you all get quicker times!

Have fun! Be patient! A watched pot never boils!

The tax payer ID update was a clusterf*&k for me. The local tax office (Prakanong) was adamant that it could not be done. Wasted half a day for nothing. In the end when I submitted my next Por Ngor Dor 91, I just used my Thai ID card number and everything was okay.  Used my that number ever since with no problem. It seems it was automatically linked to my former tax payer ID no. anyway.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GarryP said:

The tax payer ID update was a clusterf*&k for me. The local tax office (Prakanong) was adamant that it could not be done. Wasted half a day for nothing. In the end when I submitted my next Por Ngor Dor 91, I just used my Thai ID card number and everything was okay.  Used my that number ever since with no problem. It seems it was automatically linked to my former tax payer ID no. anyway.  

As always, every office, every person a different experience here. Bangna revenue office was almost empty, I was called up to state my business, waited 15 minutes, then was told ‘all done’. And it really was.

Unlike K-Bank where it took multiple visits to get it all done. Their excuse was there is a front office and a back office. Only the front office gets changed at the branch. Calls were made on my behalf, finally got it done.

SCB branch in Bangna had no clue and had never heard of such a thing, but got it done through teamwork of almost everyone in the branch! Awesome aside from taking kind of long.

The most amazing is how smoothly the passport experience was! Slick and quick! Showed up in the mail within days!

• Like 2

Hi, I have been a PR since 2005 and now clearly see the value in taking the next step to citizenship. I have seen that while it may be possible to file the application in Phuket, it is strongly recommended to do so in Bangkok. I would like to hear if anyone has (or knows of) someone who successfully used the start in Phuket route. Thx

6 minutes ago, mikejphuket said:

Hi, I have been a PR since 2005 and now clearly see the value in taking the next step to citizenship. I have seen that while it may be possible to file the application in Phuket, it is strongly recommended to do so in Bangkok. I would like to hear if anyone has (or knows of) someone who successfully used the start in Phuket route. Thx

If you do it through Bangkok, expect at least 7 return trips there.

7 minutes ago, mikejphuket said:

Maybe you can look at previous rg and see if any of the people were from Phuket. Chonburi told me no one has successfully applied 

• Like 1

It can help to understand but time frame in Thai system is never be same as mentioned by MOI.
We are on the last stage of the mentioned system.
Keep the spirits high SOOOOOOOON 

image004.png

• Like 1

I did the MOI interview already, but I am resigned to a very long wait. I don't want to be discouraging, but there the signature of one very, very  important person is required and the chances are that he might not be in a position to sign it in the near future. If that happens, how long would it be until an alternative could be arranged? I doubt anyone knows.

42 minutes ago, qualtrough said:

I did the MOI interview already, but I am resigned to a very long wait. I don't want to be discouraging, but there the signature of one very, very  important person is required and the chances are that he might not be in a position to sign it in the near future. If that happens, how long would it be until an alternative could be arranged? I doubt anyone knows.

Once you done your MOI interview.
File send to Minister Interior + PM then file moves to HM Palace office and then back to Oath.
My Experience was From MOI Interview to Oath i waited for 7 Months and 19 Days.
in Case of Ministers reshuffle OR New Govt.
Current Govt still in charge of Govt matters for next 90 Days until new Govt Step up after Elections.

Edited by david143
Edition