Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All, For those who are interested, the application process for Thai Citizenship in my case went as follows: Late 2003 - Picked up the checklist from the Police Headquarters on Rama 1 Road Janu

Loads of names published in the RG today and I am one them! Exactly 3 months to the day since taking the oath 😀

Not sure why you chose to go through all this humiliation ! But you obviously had your reasons ! If you are from Africa or the Indian Sub-Continent or such, then Thai citizenship may be regarded as u

Posted Images

5 hours ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

All's quiet on the eastern front.

After all this time, even the 3 weeks wait between RG and Naturalization papers still seems like a long time. ใจเย็นๆ (Jai Yen Yen) as we have been told 🙂 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, khongaeng said:

After all this time, even the 3 weeks wait between RG and Naturalization papers still seems like a long time. ใจเย็นๆ (Jai Yen Yen) as we have been told 🙂 

It will be a nice Christmas/NY present 🙂 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dbrenn said:

The process can feel very onerous, and I thought about giving up a couple of times. I always tried to frame it in my mind as a puzzle to be solved, a hobby even. 'Beating the system' and coming out of the other end with a prize satisfied my rebellious nature, so I stuck at it. 

Advice to all here is don't give up. Thai citizenship is a very useful thing to have, and makes living in Thailand so much more pleasant. 

Pretty much the attitude I have had. Never liked Red Tape.