Chonburi reports 149 new COVID-19 cases

2021-04-09T052922Z_1_LYNXMPEH3809J_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.jpeg

Image: Reuters file photo

Health officials in Chonburi on Sunday reported 149 new COVID-19 cases.

Sunday’s cases raise the total number of new cases reported during this most recent wave of infections to 413.

Of the 149 new cases, most were reported in Mueang Chonburi (104), while Banglamung (31), Phanat Nikhom (6) and Sattahip (1) also reported cases.

Health officials also said that almost 2,500 people  have been tested in the last 24 hours and are currently waiting for results.

Health officials  released some of the locations  and details on confirmed cases:

Flintstones Pub - 19 cases

Bone Pub - 2 cases

Friend zone - 1 case

Cetus Club - 8 cases

New Man Pub - 2 cases

Infinity Sriracha - 1 case

Infections from Bangkok pubs - 3 cases

Infections from Bangkok -  1 case

Infections from Phuket - 1 case

Infections from Lampang  - 1 case

Ongoing investigations - 106 cases

Health officials say the situation remains under control but are asking for cooperation from people in mask wearing, social distancing and ensuring they use the  Thai  Chana or MoChana apps.

171268783_2007319132753240_6365364884554427555_n.jpeg

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-11

Two hotels I can see from my condo balcony are normally shut during the week but they both have guests this weekend. Not too many, Covid and the wet weather has deterred some, but how many does it take to cause a mass outbreak?

55 minutes ago, smedly said:

That is quite frankly shameful - in the whole of Chonburi only 2,500 have been tested - this is now being exposed for what it is - shambolic, Thailand is simply not willing to commit to spending to stop this spread - everything that has happened here "is" as I and many others have suspected - pure luck

They better get their heads out of their ##### and start dealing with this and spending the money

You mean like the US and UK and EU spent billions and look at the results.

People can get a test in Chonburi.  But short of lining people up against a wall and testing, what is your solution and plan for spending money on it?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The US didn't take this seriously until we got a new president. They botched the initial response and look at the results.

No. It's hard to get tests in chonburi. Supplies are very limited. Better testing is drastically needed.

There are only a total of between 300-400,000 test kits available Nationally.

With each person needing 2 tests, that is not very many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

That is quite frankly shameful - in the whole of Chonburi only 2,500 have been tested - this is now being exposed for what it is - shambolic, Thailand is simply not willing to commit to spending to stop this spread - everything that has happened here "is" as I and many others have suspected - pure luck

They better get their heads out of their ##### and start dealing with this and spending the money

How many per day should they be testing ?

How many per day are they capable of testing ?

Covid case reported in my condo complex Lumpiniville Naklua-Wongamat. A notice in the lifts in Thai and English advises a man has been diagnosed with the infection and an investigation is under way. He is from Block A. The onsite 7/11 would be a place where the infection could spread quickly. It is still open.

Stay safe everyone.????

Edited by champers
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, champers said:

Covid case reported in my condo complex Lumpiniville Naklua-Wongamat. A notice in the lifts in Thai and English advises a man has been diagnosed with the infection and an investigation is under way. He is from Block A. The onsite 7/11 would be a place where the infection could spread quickly. It is still open.

Stay safe everyone.????

I didn't post similar information for fear of the post being deleted by the Mods.

I have credible intell that a female member of staff from a bar on the central strip of Soi Baukhao has been been diagnosed with covid.  Obviously, I can't name the bar.  This was just before the shutdown.  

She was more service than a hooker, so I'm not sure if that's better, or worse.

Obviously, I can't provide a link, or any other proof, but this is not scaremongering.   My source has no reason to lie to me.    

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

You mean like the US and UK and EU spent billions and look at the results.

I am not sure if you are being scathing or pointing towards a measure of success. The UK made a complete botch up wrt letting infections escalate and enter the country, reaching frightening numbers....

Now those numbers fall.... positive test fall 30% week on week, daily deaths are down often to single figures from well over 1000/day months ago, hospital admissions were around 4000/day in January, down to a few hundred and still falling. Thirty nine million administered vaccinations seem to be why in conjunction with lockdowns and travel bans. 

These are positive results match in some other countries, but few of them. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

I didn't post similar information for fear of the post being deleted by the Mods.

I have credible intell that a female member of staff from a bar on the central strip of Soi Baukhao has been been diagnosed with covid.  Obviously, I can't name the bar.  This was just before the shutdown.  

She was more service than a hooker, so I'm not sure if that's better, or worse.

Obviously, I can't provide a link, or any other proof, but this is not scaremongering.   My source has no reason to lie to me.    

I won't name it either, but another very popular condo complex has reported a case.  Very close to Central Festival.

On 4/11/2021 at 11:09 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Health officials also said that almost 2,500 people  have been tested in the last 24 hours and are currently waiting for results.

That's just over 100 per hour by about a million health workers, yes they are spread all over the country but so is the disease.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

That's just over 100 per hour by about a million health workers, yes they are spread all over the country but so is the disease.

The test is not complete until the results are out... so far they just took samples!

14 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I won't name it either, but another very popular condo complex has reported a case.  Very close to Central Festival.

Covid is now well and truly in Pattaya.  They really need to get a vaccination program up an running, or they face what was seen in the media coming out of Italy and Spain in 2020.  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, pattayadude said:

they intentionally test small numbers like 2,500. Get that up to 25,000 and you will see that cases will jump over 1000 a day

That is very much my fear we aren't seeing the data.... the number of cases is dependent on the number of completed tests (and the level of contagions)....  I don't really know how many tests are being done here. The numbers of reported Covid deaths seem incredulously low... and I see no data on hospital admissions and critical cases. Active cases are reported to  have rises from about 1200 (April 4th) to 5000 (12th). https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/thailand/

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That is very much my fear we aren't seeing the data.... the number of cases is dependent on the number of completed tests (and the level of contagions)....  I don't really know how many tests are being done here. The numbers of reported Covid deaths seem incredulously low... and I see no data on hospital admissions and critical cases. Active cases are reported to  have rises from about 1200 (April 4th) to 5000 (12th). https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/thailand/

If they tested the sewage water for remnants of the virus they might find a level that would show way more cases than their individual testing program shows.  

I doubt they will release that data either.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

If they tested the sewage water for remnants of the virus they might find a level that would show way more cases than their individual testing program shows.  

I doubt they will release that data either.  

They do test sewage water. At least in Bangkok.

On 4/11/2021 at 10:30 PM, champers said:

Stay safe everyone.????

Happened last year in Pratumnak Soi 4..Two separate condos..one 7/11 was involved.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:06 AM, Excel said:

Is that the one nicknamed "Jumpers Halt" ?

Why the secrecy? Let the Mods decide. Google  has a Covid locator app. Hua Hin has a covid locator..This kind of information  has no shame or blame attached to it. BTW This thread claims to be 4 hours old yet was started 4 days ago so presumably the figures need  updating

Edited by The Hammer2021